Divorce rant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2015, 09:54 AM
Divorce rant
After three months of anxiety waiting for divorce papers to drop through the letterbox today I got a text from my wife asking if I have the marriage certificate which means she has only just got round to filing for divorce which REALLY FUCKS ME OFF!!! I mean WTF !! I have such strange emotions at the moment sadness, frustration, anger, anxiety. My meds are not helping and I could really use a drink and a cigarette right now.
Somehow I need to get things back in perspective its a first world problem after all,( I mean I'm not in a refugee camp or on the street)
but its easier said than done. Sad
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2015, 10:17 AM
RE: Divorce rant
As you know, I am going through some rship problems of my own. Relationships are sometimes not easy--in fact, they can really suck. Just take it day by day and do your best to breathe through it all. It sucks that she waited so long to file for divorce, but unfortunately, it is what it is. Smoking and getting upset is not going to make things better. You have been doing so good with not smoking and we are all really proud of you for kicking that hard to break habit. Don't let this set you back. You can get through this, you are just going to have to muster up all of your strength to do it.
03-10-2015, 10:23 AM
*Bro-hug*
03-10-2015, 10:30 AM
Thanks Jen and Nishi Smile
03-10-2015, 10:47 AM
I have a friend at work and things got much better for him after he got through of the constant anxiety of anticipating his wife wanting to divorce him. He was always in silent grumpy moods but it can be much more of an ease once that ongoing process element of it moves on.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-10-2015, 11:59 AM
(03-10-2015 10:47 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I have a friend at work and things got much better for him after he got through of the constant anxiety of anticipating his wife wanting to divorce him. He was always in silent grumpy moods but it can be much more of an ease once that ongoing process element of it moves on.
That's a good point. Its the finance of it that's anxiety provoking I'm unemployed and cant afford the court costs etc
03-10-2015, 12:19 PM
Hug

Wish I could say more.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-10-2015, 07:56 PM
You can counter petition. Then it gets harder for her to hold up the show.
03-10-2015, 08:00 PM
(03-10-2015 09:54 AM)adey67 Wrote:  After three months of anxiety waiting for divorce papers to drop through the letterbox today I got a text from my wife asking if I have the marriage certificate which means she has only just got round to filing for divorce which REALLY FUCKS ME OFF!!! I mean WTF !! I have such strange emotions at the moment sadness, frustration, anger, anxiety. My meds are not helping and I could really use a drink and a cigarette right now.
Somehow I need to get things back in perspective its a first world problem after all,( I mean I'm not in a refugee camp or on the street)
but its easier said than done. Sad

I am sorry you are struggling - divorce can really suck.

Check those meds...perhaps a change is in order, especially with so many life changes. If you have stopped smoking and drinking recently your body chemistry has changed.

Feel better.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-10-2015, 09:03 AM
(03-10-2015 11:59 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 10:47 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I have a friend at work and things got much better for him after he got through of the constant anxiety of anticipating his wife wanting to divorce him. He was always in silent grumpy moods but it can be much more of an ease once that ongoing process element of it moves on.
That's a good point. Its the finance of it that's anxiety provoking I'm unemployed and cant afford the court costs etc

Check your local laws. You may be able to file without a lawyer. A friend in PA did that - friendly divorce for something like $81. Unless there's some hot dispute, you might be able to get away with filing by yourself. There are forms online and you submit one of those with your $81, and POOF! you're single.

Good luck!

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?