Do Atheist need to be remided to be moral?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-08-2016, 03:26 AM
Do Atheist need to be remided to be moral?
Do Atheists need to be reminded to be moral? Well if they are like everyone else then they just might.

http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_ariely_on_o...moral_code

Religious people get reminded in church to be moral. Where do atheist's get their reminders? Please don't bother responding to the thread if you aren't going to watch the tedtalk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2016, 04:07 AM
RE: Do Atheist need to be remided to be moral?
(24-08-2016 03:26 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Do Atheists need to be reminded to be moral? Well if they are like everyone else then they just might.

Religious people get reminded in church to be moral. Where do atheist's get their reminders? Please don't bother responding to the thread if you aren't going to watch the tedtalk.

I can't speak for everyone, but I certainly do. Why, I killed three people just last night, and the only thing they did wrong was try to stop me from mugging a guy! Whew...seriously, after I arrived home and watched my DVR'ed episode of Glen Beck, it suddenly hit me...what I did was wrong! I should merely have knocked those guys out, I mean, they were just being helpful to the guy I was mugging! They didn't deserve to die!

Geez...live and learn I guess. Thanks Glen! Thumbsup

I gotta go...this guy is pissing me off...talk to you guys in awhile...

"Hey! Asshole!!"
[+] 7 users Like The Dark One's post
24-08-2016, 04:19 AM
(24-08-2016 04:07 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 03:26 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Do Atheists need to be reminded to be moral? Well if they are like everyone else then they just might.

I can't speak for everyone, but I certainly do. Why, I killed three people just last night, and the only thing they did wrong was try to stop me from mugging a guy! Whew...seriously, after I arrived home and watched my DVR'ed episode of Glen Beck, it suddenly hit me...what I did was wrong! I should merely have knocked those guys out, I mean, they were just being helpful to the guy I was mugging! They didn't deserve to die!

"Hey! Asshole!!"

If you watched the video, you would see that the results of the presenters experiments is that people(including atheists) cheat less when they are reminded to be moral. Assuming his results are valid, atheists, like everyone else should be reminded to be moral if collectively we want everyone to be more moral.

Maybe you are a special snow flake who needs not be reminded.....but I am skeptical. You've done nothing at all to demonstrate you are nothing more than an average forum shmuck.
24-08-2016, 04:19 AM
(24-08-2016 03:26 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Please don't bother responding to the thread if you aren't going to watch the tedtalk.

I didn't waste my time watching the Tedtalk. And if you seriously think you can censure what I post here, you can go fuck yourself you pretentious wanker.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 10 users Like SYZ's post
24-08-2016, 04:21 AM
(24-08-2016 04:19 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 03:26 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Please don't bother responding to the thread if you aren't going to watch the tedtalk.

I didn't waste my time watching the Tedtalk. And if you seriously think you can censure what I post here, you can go fuck yourself you pretentious wanker.

I can't censor....that is the word you meant right?. That is true. I can only point out that you are an idiot if you think you can make an intelligent reply about the video without watching the video. Just so it is clear....you are a dummy...and not an ordinary dummy like the Dark One....you're a Zika Dummy.
24-08-2016, 04:40 AM
Dealing with humans reminds me that moral actions are always an option, but not always possible.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
24-08-2016, 04:41 AM
(24-08-2016 04:19 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 04:07 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  I can't speak for everyone, but I certainly do. Why, I killed three people just last night, and the only thing they did wrong was try to stop me from mugging a guy! Whew...seriously, after I arrived home and watched my DVR'ed episode of Glen Beck, it suddenly hit me...what I did was wrong! I should merely have knocked those guys out, I mean, they were just being helpful to the guy I was mugging! They didn't deserve to die!

"Hey! Asshole!!"

If you watched the video, you would see that the results of the presenters experiments is that people(including atheists) cheat less when they are reminded to be moral. Assuming his results are valid, atheists, like everyone else should be reminded to be moral if collectively we want everyone to be more moral.

Maybe you are a special snow flake who needs not be reminded.....but I am skeptical. You've done nothing at all to demonstrate you are nothing more than an average forum shmuck.

LOL...I'm sorry, I just can't take anyone seriously named "Heywood Jahblome". You're just an immature idiot who comes in here and likes to pretend he has an intellect by googling furiously between replies. You aren't worth my time, in my "dumb" opinion. Hobo

I just posted a little humor. If you can't deal with that...well, I just don't care at all.

Ciao'!
[+] 4 users Like The Dark One's post
24-08-2016, 04:47 AM
(24-08-2016 04:41 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 04:19 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If you watched the video, you would see that the results of the presenters experiments is that people(including atheists) cheat less when they are reminded to be moral. Assuming his results are valid, atheists, like everyone else should be reminded to be moral if collectively we want everyone to be more moral.

LOL...I'm sorry, I just can't take anyone seriously named "Heywood Jahblome". You're just an immature idiot who comes in here and likes to pretend he has an intellect by googling furiously between replies. You aren't worth my time, in my "dumb" opinion. Hobo

I just posted a little humor. If you can't deal with that...well, I just don't care at all.

Ciao'!

I can't take anyone seriously who calls themselves Dark One. What does that mean exactly? Do you not reflect light? Are you depressed?

If you don't want to participate in a thread that is fine. Do the mature thing and ignore the thread. Instead all you did was troll it.
24-08-2016, 05:24 AM
(24-08-2016 04:47 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I can't take anyone seriously who calls themselves Dark One.

.... says the fool who calls himself Heywood Jahblome.
Laugh out load

(Congratualtions on the -56, Blowjob).
Fucking idiot. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-08-2016, 05:30 AM
(24-08-2016 05:24 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 04:47 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I can't take anyone seriously who calls themselves Dark One.

.... says the fool who calls himself Heywood Jahblome.
Laugh out load

(Congratualtions on the -56, Blowjob).
Fucking idiot. Tongue

I was and am being sarcastic.

You and the Dark One take the erroneous position that a persons pen name determines the validity of the argument they are presenting.

Here is a protip:

It does not. Believing it does is a logical fallacy but that is doesn't surprise me....your life is a logical fallacy.