Do Atheist need to be remided to be moral?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
30-08-2016, 11:18 PM
RE: Do Atheist need to be remided to be moral?
(30-08-2016 09:23 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  These current gods are lazy and good for nothing.
Someone needs to invent better gods.

Bring back Bacchus. He was fun !!

How dare you defy the will of our Great Leader Kim Jung Il! He invented gravity and composed the most beautiful opera ever at age four. Plus he doesn'y even to go to the bathroom! Please report to the local authorities so that you may be better educated on our magnificient leader!

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
30-08-2016, 11:55 PM
(30-08-2016 12:00 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  [...] Coincidences, possibly. Two years from the day after challenging/pleading with God, the power lines into camp just happened to go down despite clear weather. The generators just happened to not start for a while. Which sure, they may just have been old and harder to start. Still, there have been other things too, which helped solidify my beliefs. [...]

What you experience(d) is "apophenia", which is the spontaneous human perception of connections and meaningfulness of unrelated phenomena, or the tendency to perceive meaningful patterns within random data.

A classic example are the gamblers, who fancy that they see patterns in the numbers that appear in lotteries or roulette wheels. Another is praying for unwell people—which purportedly results in their being made well or not dying etc. But forgetting the team of medical experts who tended the patient for days on end LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 6 users Like SYZ's post
31-08-2016, 11:24 AM
I'm trying out this new dating website, OldTestamt.com. I went out the other night but this woman turned out not to be a virgin so I was obligated to stone her to death. Turns out her father only had one goat as payment anyway, so in the long run I did everyone a favor.
[+] 5 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
31-08-2016, 02:06 PM
(31-08-2016 11:24 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I'm trying out this new dating website, OldTestamt.com. I went out the other night but this woman turned out not to be a virgin so I was obligated to stone her to death. Turns out her father only had one goat as payment anyway, so in the long run I did everyone a favor.

What a great idea FFTT!

I just logged on to the site and immediately went to the heading "Men looking for a harem of virgins", but too many guys there already looking. Next I went to the thread heading "Non virgin female servants" but for whatever reason again, only men and no women had logged in Consider

Where did you say you found the goat?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
31-08-2016, 02:35 PM
Let's see now...Consider ....this thread was started on 24th and it is now the 31st and I still haven't murdered anyone, committed adultery, stolen anything, hurt or maimed anyone, eaten any babies or drowned cute little kittens. Somehow I've made it through an ENTIRE WEEK !! without anyone reminding me to not to do those things. I donno though, maybe next week will be my true test. Maybe next week I'll have a moral collapse and go on a murder spree.

Facepalm

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
31-08-2016, 02:42 PM
(31-08-2016 02:35 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Let's see now...Consider ....this thread was started on 24th and it is now the 31st and I still haven't ... eaten any babies ...

And you call yourself an atheist! I am disappoint.

Big Grin
31-08-2016, 02:56 PM
(31-08-2016 02:42 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(31-08-2016 02:35 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Let's see now...Consider ....this thread was started on 24th and it is now the 31st and I still haven't ... eaten any babies ...

And you call yourself an atheist! I am disappoint.

Big Grin

I know. I better get the pot boiling.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
31-08-2016, 03:01 PM
I've not found the prison thread, but Blowme was sure getting over confident and insulting here.

I reckon he's just some kid.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
31-08-2016, 03:42 PM
(31-08-2016 02:35 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Let's see now...Consider ....this thread was started on 24th and it is now the 31st and I still haven't murdered anyone, committed adultery, stolen anything, hurt or maimed anyone, eaten any babies or drowned cute little kittens. Somehow I've made it through an ENTIRE WEEK !! without anyone reminding me to not to do those things. I donno though, maybe next week will be my true test. Maybe next week I'll have a moral collapse and go on a murder spree.

Facepalm

Your vivid imagination tells us otherwise Tongue Tongue Tongue

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
31-08-2016, 04:11 PM
(31-08-2016 02:35 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Let's see now...Consider ....this thread was started on 24th and it is now the 31st and I still haven't murdered anyone, committed adultery, stolen anything, hurt or maimed anyone, eaten any babies or drowned cute little kittens.

Well, 6 out of 7 ain't bad....
Angel

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post