Do Atheist need to be remided to be moral?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-08-2016, 08:47 AM
RE: Do Atheist need to be remided to be moral?
Love your new sig-
"The Dark One is a whiny dumbass...seriously he is a dumbass. He can dish it out, but if you dish it back, he gets majorly butthurt and goes on a neg rep rampage of one point. What a dick."

Bold is my addition- I fixed it for you. Butthurt is where your sig comes from. Here's your meme for the day.

[Image: SLe56xc.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Fireball's post
24-08-2016, 08:54 AM
I think the implication that annoys me the most is that atheists have no "moral compass". Considering the shit believers pull that is rather amusing. And the Babble is no guide for moral behaviour unless you cherry pick it. (One man, one woman, one holy bond? Let's check in with Solomon's harem.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
24-08-2016, 09:00 AM
(24-08-2016 07:23 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 07:03 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Oooooooooooooooh, man, what a buuurn. Rolleyes

If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid. How is that for burn?

Not such a burn, just a childish retort. It's what we expect of the forum dunce.
Remind us again ... why are you here ?

BTW, I love Seasame Street. What the fuck is the matter with you. Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-08-2016, 09:04 AM
(24-08-2016 04:21 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Just so it is clear....you are a dummy...and not an ordinary dummy like the Dark One....you're a Zika Dummy.

...says the guy who can't even compose a coherent thread title (Hint: correct would be "atheists" and "reminded").
[+] 6 users Like Grasshopper's post
24-08-2016, 09:11 AM
(24-08-2016 03:26 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Religious people get reminded in church to be moral.

When they are told that gays should be killed or will go to hell?
When they get told that "the slut was asking for it"?
When they get told that birth control is like killing a human being?
When they get told that climate change is a hoax, and god will provide....with another flood if he wants?
When they get told that putting too much faith in science and reason will lead you to hell?

Its not relevant who, where or when or why you get reminded of morals, but what morals you get reminded of, and what these morals are based on.

I do not consider the proclamations of a priest in the name of *insert your favourite deity* relavant. If i want to get scammed, i will make a call to Nigeria.

I prefer to examine the morals of whoever wants to remind me of for their validity to me.

thankyouverymuch

and keep your silly TED talks to yourself

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 7 users Like Deesse23's post
24-08-2016, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2016 09:16 AM by Gloucester.)
I fon't like this question either. The "atheist" label could be hung on anyone who doesn't give a two-toned black enamelled toss whether there is a god or not. That could include every kind of nasty person you can think of. Those who do not give a toss about morals either.

Those who take the label for themselves, have actually considered their stance, probably still do "naughty things", and may sometimes feel guilty about it.

Yes, we need reminding but if we are not socio- or psychopaths, if we are "normal" , some of that may be of internal origin anyway. Humans are good at bad habits so the believers in woo have their regular reminder. But I have met some very immoral and unethical xtians, do it doesn't work too well!

As an aspiring humanist I suppose that I do share a "creed" in common with others. Not sure if that helps though.

No

However, the tone of humanist forums seem a tad different from this one, even if they share many subjects in common!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
24-08-2016, 09:28 AM
When I was much younger it helped to get occasional suggestions about morality best practices. I'm now self-sufficient in that regard and now find reminders more insulting than helpful.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
24-08-2016, 09:51 AM
(24-08-2016 03:26 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Do Atheists need to be reminded to be moral? Well if they are like everyone else then they just might.

http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_ariely_on_o...moral_code

Religious people get reminded in church to be moral. Where do atheist's get their reminders? Please don't bother responding to the thread if you aren't going to watch the tedtalk.

Yeah, but as a Christian, doesn't that make you a filthy, dirty sinner? As a sinner yourself, I'm not so sure you're in a position to worry about the atheist's morality. I say get your own house in order before you start worrying about theirs.
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
24-08-2016, 09:57 AM
So who is supposed to be reminding me to be moral?

Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
24-08-2016, 10:01 AM
"Do Atheist need to be remided to be moral?"

1. Which atheist are you speaking of, Blowme ?
2. Remind me what the word "remided" means again ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post