Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2014, 12:35 PM
RE: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas?
I don't really celebrate christmas in the common way. For me the entire end half of the year is like one big celebration starting at halloween. I find I do a lot more celebrating now though than I did when I was growing up. When I was growing up it was this big build up to the 25th of december, then this anti-climax followed by depression.
Now I pick up a pumpkin a few days before halloween, carve a hideous face in it, then go out and spend the next 3 months drinking mead and eating winter foods. Doesn't really end until I run out of alcohol and feel like I need to sleep for a week, which generally happens around a week before christmas. I take advantage of the early december christmas stuff, but the day itself I just sleep through most years.

Just as well though; the music and the tacky red and green decorations make me physically ill. :3

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2014, 04:02 PM
Next year I'd like to do a different Nativity Scene not that I have ever done even one because I despise those things, hate them with a passion. But this might not be so bad. Thumbsup

[Image: nativity-scifi.jpg]

This next one wouldn't last long and could be combined with Christmas dinner! Drooling

[Image: 50df569053db5dc25abd5c76ac049595.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
11-12-2014, 04:51 PM
(10-12-2014 05:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 04:59 PM)RuthD Wrote:  And you for saying it are acting stupid, no one else did.

Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that a bases for something being stupid was determined by how many people participated in pointing out its stupidness and not actually based on the fact that it's fucking stupid you dumbass un-American vegan twat.

And in case you didn't pick up on it, I was being fucking sarcastic. Except the bit about you being a dumbass un-American vegan twat.

Dude, chill out!
11-12-2014, 04:55 PM
(08-12-2014 05:44 PM)RuthD Wrote:  I was a Christian when I was a child and then proclaimed to be one at times when I didn't even feel it. Now I am being honest as proclaiming I am an atheist. I don't believe in any God(s). My family (consisting of my brother and his family)has a get together on Christmas and exchange gifts and have a meal. I don't have any get togethers at this time of year. None of us go to church or anything like that yet we still have the get together on Christmas. I guess it's just tradition. I really don't care about the Christmas day now or celebrating it. If there was a Jesus I feel he was just another man on earth who they made up elaborate stories about after he died. I don't see how rational people can believe in a God. It seems to me that our Christmas is drawn out a long time to get people to buy a lot and spend a lot. I am not spending any money for this day. So, do you do anything on Christmas as an atheist?

I celebrate Christmas with family. Love it! We eat, drink, exchange gifts, watch old movies, have some laughs and generally have a good time. I just sit quietly while they say grace over dinner.
11-12-2014, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2014 07:24 PM by RuthD.)
(10-12-2014 05:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 04:59 PM)RuthD Wrote:  And you for saying it are acting stupid, no one else did.

Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that a bases for something being stupid was determined by how many people participated in pointing out its stupidness and not actually based on the fact that it's fucking stupid you dumbass un-American vegan twat.

And in case you didn't pick up on it, I was being fucking sarcastic. Except the bit about you being a dumbass un-American vegan twat.
Oh, you are so nice, aren't you? For one thing I am not un-american, vegan or a twat, but you are!
11-12-2014, 05:13 PM
11-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the replies
11-12-2014, 11:17 PM
(11-12-2014 05:08 PM)RuthD Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 05:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that a bases for something being stupid was determined by how many people participated in pointing out its stupidness and not actually based on the fact that it's fucking stupid you dumbass un-American vegan twat.

Oh, you are so nice, aren't you? For one thing I am not un-american, vegan or a twat, but you are!

Ah the erudition of "No U" Tongue

Why would un-Merkin vegan be considered an insult? I can see twat...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-12-2014, 11:48 PM
(11-12-2014 05:08 PM)RuthD Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 05:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that a bases for something being stupid was determined by how many people participated in pointing out its stupidness and not actually based on the fact that it's fucking stupid you dumbass un-American vegan twat.

[Image: dafuq-is-this-shit.jpg]
12-12-2014, 01:06 AM
I have earmuffs on ignore.