Do Christians believe animals have souls?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2013, 11:25 PM
RE: Do Christians believe animals have souls?
(22-11-2013 05:37 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I know some about Christianity, but not all as I was never Christian and never taught Christianity.

So do Christians believe non-human animals have souls? If not, are humans "special" because we supposedly have souls while other animals do not?

If that's the case, what would it mean to Christians if another species of animal developed enough intelligence to form communities/cultures/tribes that could communicate, through language, to each other and us?

Since many of you are previous Christians maybe you would have a thought. Just thinking..Sleepy

In any church I used to go to, it would be considered sacrilege to think that an animal had a soul as a human does. And remember, most Christians don't believe in Evolution, so their answer to any question about creatures developing to a higher level of intelligence would be, "That is not part of God's design." Or something of that nature. The Bible says we have dominion over animals. Confused
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2013, 11:47 PM
RE: Do Christians believe animals have souls?
I'm going to second everything Chippy said.

Some of them hold the concept that everything alive has a "soul," but only humans go to heaven or hell. Because we're super special and made in the lord's image or whatever. There are branches of Hinduism that believe a human can be reincarnated as an animal, but I think they always end up as a human again for subsequent reincarnations. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that, please.)

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply