Do Christians deny the speed of light?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2014, 08:51 PM
RE: Do Christians deny the speed of light?
(10-07-2014 08:38 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(10-07-2014 08:14 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  I blame alcohol for my homonym failure.

Homophone.
Wink

Hey who are we to judge who a phone loves? Drinking Beverage

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-07-2014, 09:52 PM
(10-07-2014 08:38 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(10-07-2014 08:14 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  I blame alcohol for my homonym failure.

Homophone.
Wink

Homonym: Phonetics. a word pronounced the same as another but differing in meaning, whether spelled the same way or not, as heir and air; a homophone

Chillax.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
10-07-2014, 11:52 PM
Anisotropic synchrony convention is the current favored explanation for the light travel time problem the YEC community.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
11-07-2014, 12:11 AM
(10-07-2014 05:23 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Yes but Answers In Genesis calculates Godspeed to be twice as fast as Lightspeed.

... because it moves in mysterious waves.

Drinking Beverage

That is really funny ! I wonder if all God's can move this way? Perhaps they are using advanced technology and that is why UFO sightings always report vehicles that appear to shrink instead of move or to move super fast in no particular line of sight.Laugh out load
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes thespiritualanarchist's post
11-07-2014, 04:34 AM
4.3 billion year old carbon dated crystals on the earth should set the age of the planet somewhere around 4 1/2 billion years. This is evidence the earth is older than 6,000 years.

If you believe the earth is 6,000 years old, astronomy isn't your strong point yet.
[+] 1 user Likes BillHicksWorshipper's post
11-07-2014, 05:05 AM
(11-07-2014 04:34 AM)BillHicksWorshipper Wrote:  4.3 billion year old carbon dated crystals on the earth should set the age of the planet somewhere around 4 1/2 billion years. This is evidence the earth is older than 6,000 years.

If you believe the earth is 6,000 years old, astronomy isn't your strong point yet.

Not carbon-dated; carbon dating is only good to about 50,000 years.

Other radiometric methods were used, e.g. potassium-argon or rubidium-strontium dating.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-07-2014, 07:17 AM
(10-07-2014 11:52 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Anisotropic synchrony convention is the current favored explanation for the light travel time problem the YEC community.

This takes me back to my previous question; why would god go to such lengths to not only conceal his existence but to make it seem like here doesn't exist. Why would a god who sets the standard of eternal salvation your faithful acceptance of him go to such incredible lengths to test that faith. The mental gymnastics you need to go through to come to these conclusions must be exhausting. If my parents put me through this to make me prove my love for them, I'd have said "fuck off" and run away a teenager.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
11-07-2014, 10:55 AM
The Bible says that God placed lights in the sky on the fourth day of creation but it doesn't say that was when he created the bodies that were the source of that light. If you don't read the creation account carefully you might come to a wrong conclusion about what it actually says.

http://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2012/03...lly-say-2/

You need to also consider the possibility that the speed of light wasn't always the same as it is now. Scientists assume that is has always been the same but there is no way to test that assumption.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
11-07-2014, 11:21 AM
(11-07-2014 10:55 AM)theophilus Wrote:  You need to also consider the possibility that the speed of light wasn't always the same as it is now. Scientists assume that is has always been the same but there is no way to test that assumption.

Protip: yes there is.

There are all sorts of astronomical observations whose properties would then vary commensurately. The degree of refraction of light through media interface and lensing around gravitational objects would vary. The patterns of radiation emitted by nebulae would vary. The temperature patterns of stars would vary. All these things (and many others) would then necessarily vary with time and therefore with distance as well. All of these things would likewise be very easily observable. We don't observe them. QED.

So no. That excuse is bad and you should feel bad.

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
11-07-2014, 11:26 AM
(11-07-2014 11:21 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(11-07-2014 10:55 AM)theophilus Wrote:  You need to also consider the possibility that the speed of light wasn't always the same as it is now. Scientists assume that is has always been the same but there is no way to test that assumption.

Protip: yes there is.

There are all sorts of astronomical observations whose properties would then vary commensurately. The degree of refraction of light through media interface and lensing around gravitational objects would vary. The patterns of radiation emitted by nebulae would vary. The temperature patterns of stars would vary. All these things (and many others) would then necessarily vary with time and therefore with distance as well. All of these things would likewise be very easily observable. We don't observe them. QED.

So no. That excuse is bad and you should feel bad.

*cough *cough *cough
Sorry cjlr feeling sick.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube