Do Christians have a hollow head as most Atheists claim?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2011, 10:30 AM
RE: Do Christians have a hollow head as most Atheists claim?
So... what all of you are say is...

I'm STUPID?

HUh? Huh? Huh?

[Image: jackson_pop_corn.gif]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
02-12-2011, 10:31 AM

@kingchosen:I never said that, hun. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes calmyourtitsbro's post
02-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Last time I checked. Christian's heads are full of grey matter.....don't ask.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
02-12-2011, 11:57 AM
(02-12-2011 10:25 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I agree with Lucradis on this one.

And that study would potentially be biased in that there may be a direct correlation with education and social standing which may also correlate with disbelief. If this is the case, then intelligence level (however one accurately measures that) may correspond with belief as a result of social standing and not intelligence. In other words it has to do with the quality/quantity of education available and the quality/quantity of education attained more than it does with some "intelligence" level and that correlates strongly with social standing.

But as I said at the beginning, I agree with Lucardis. Most people who believe strongly in the bible are at least of "normal" intelligence. They simply place their intellectual trust in the bible rather than the logic and reason of science. They are ignorant of science in the sense that they have never studied it, but they are stupid in the sense that they know it is out there and remain willfully ignorant. (I should point out that my uses of ignorant mean a lack of knowledge and stupid is willful ignorance)

So in one sense they are no less intelligent but by remaining willfully ignorant of science they are (by my definition) stupid. I suppose they may call me stupid with respect to the bible (as I am no biblical scholar) and that may be true, but I have at least given it a fair chance and I have not remained willfully ignorant of what it says.

I think this the truth and I agree with you. Though Christians would say it is we who remain willfully ignorant:

2 Peter 3:5 "For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:"

I've heard plenty of times Christians talk about willful ignorance. Not that it matters to me, but the terminology just reminded me of that and I thought I'd mention it.
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
02-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Of the Christians I know, very few are unintelligent in my estimation - maybe 'cos I move in the right circles Tongue Not even ignorant of science, paradoxically. Just... some things they *will not* accept. Most of my friends are not dogmatic - for instance until on this forum I'd never debated with a full-on 6000 year-old-world creationist - but they do accept the Bible as truth, apart from the bits they don't like, which are 'poetic' or apply to a different set of circumstances from those prevailing now. They *also* largely accept evolution, fossils and what-not, even the Big Bang. What I don't like is that every now and then, just when you least expect it there's a 'mumble mumble God did it' that pops out of nowhere. But I can't even say that they're willfully ignorant...
02-12-2011, 02:05 PM

Just to clarify: I do not personally think that all christians are dumb.

However, I thought it was only fair to turn the title of the other thread around.

Fair is fair!

Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Zatamon's post
02-12-2011, 02:09 PM
(02-12-2011 02:05 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  Just to clarify: I do not personally think that all christians are dumb.

However, I thought it was only fair to turn the title of the other thread around.

Fair is fair!

Big Grin

Ohhhh, I'll play your game, you rogue!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVW8IcoCc513Fokx6K6_D...Ce-UTVKv_n]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
02-12-2011, 03:42 PM

(02-12-2011 02:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Ohhhh, I'll play your game, you rogue!

I just asked my wife if I was a rogue.

She says I am not.

Therefore you must be wrong, because my wife is always right! Big Grin

(She says sometimes I am a rascal...)
[+] 2 users Like Zatamon's post
02-12-2011, 03:54 PM
(02-12-2011 02:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Ohhhh, I'll play your game, you rogue!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVW8IcoCc513Fokx6K6_D...Ce-UTVKv_n]

Buck Futter!

This is not my signature.