Do Christians really love God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2013, 12:30 PM
RE: Do Christians really love God?
PJ - If you knew what rational thought was, you wouldn't buy into all the religious bullshit.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2013, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2013 01:44 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(31-07-2013 12:20 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Actually Neuro-science knows a lot about how brains work with regard to emotion, brain location, chemistry, and neuro-biology.

You use this canard and don't see the irony of saying that I and not you try to deflect arguments?

Not only does it deride love and all love is to say its purely deterministic and caused by brain chemicals, but you're woefully incorrect here. It's not that neuroscience knows "a lot" about emotion and the body, it knows tremendous, titanic amounts. There are thousands of research papers and books, and tens of thousands of experiements performed. Yet we know only a tiny, infinitesimal amount about the brain and its many functions, intelligence--and love.

I know this--if Atheists knew what love is or how to define it, they'd love Jesus Christ.

Likewise, BB, I demonstrate love and concern for you, and you, scorn for me. Way to show the world how much Atheists care for their fellow man...

No Little-Boy-Who-Cried-Wolf-Proven-Liar-Sexually-Pleasing-Jebus-Troll-Joke. You think we would just forget your dishonesty. Discussing the seat of emotions in brain chemistry, is NOT an attempt to deflect anything. Nice try at ACTUALLY an attempted deflection. YOU made no point. What IS your point ? You people say "love is *derided*" if it's origin is not seated in mysterious woo-woo. Well it's not, and that is YOUR value judgement, and you have not a shred of evidence to support one thing you say. Not one. Zip. You are making an argument from ignorance. What exactly is it you think we don't know that would add to your argument. You know NOTHING. You argue from ignorance. So besides your false analogy, now you have a second fallacy, and you think we're gonna swallow that one too. Nope. You are a total joke, Pleasy. So now you're saying all atheists know nothing about love. What a gigantic ignoramus. But true to form, I must say. More false analogy. To equate that with my concern for my fellow man, is just more false crap. Nice try. Fail again.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
31-07-2013, 01:18 PM
So, with all your absolutes that you described in your original post, I am mentally unstable? Or I should say, you think/according to you I am mentally unstable.

Hrmmm... Consider

Anyway, as for your question, yes, I love God. I try to view my life without God and I get depressed... if you take away God, it would be like taking away a loved one.

God changed me, and He has gotten me through some of the roughest times in my life. This is where my love for Him lies (not getting into theology, k guys?).

So, am I mentally unstable? I don't think I am, but I'll leave that up to you for whatever you want to think about my mental state.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
31-07-2013, 01:33 PM
(31-07-2013 01:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  So, with all your absolutes that you described in your original post, I am mentally unstable? Or I should say, you think/according to you I am mentally unstable.

Hrmmm... Consider

Anyway, as for your question, yes, I love God. I try to view my life without God and I get depressed... if you take away God, it would be like taking away a loved one.

God changed me, and He has gotten me through some of the roughest times in my life. This is where my love for Him lies (not getting into theology, k guys?).

So, am I mentally unstable? I don't think I am, but I'll leave that up to you for whatever you want to think about my mental state.

Mentally unstable? I don't know, probably not. You are, however, delusional.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
31-07-2013, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2013 01:38 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I never said anything about instability, so I'm out of that. All I said was when people say they "love god", it's a real emotion, but the emotion "references" (in memory which IS a biological process), a concept or "mental construct". It's very real to the people with the construct, and isn't even necessarily a bad construct. But it is a mental construct, and very different for everyone who has one, and *names* it, or *references* it, as "god" or "Jesus". Your mental images are important, and no one is discounting them. But I suspect KC, you should be crediting yourself more than you do. YOU got yourself through whatever. Your mental images may have been of some assistance, but YOU diid it. You can "name* "god" or "love" or "whatever". YOU did it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
31-07-2013, 01:36 PM
(31-07-2013 01:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I never said anything about instability, so I'm ,out of that. All I said was when people say they "love god", it's a real emotion, but the emotion "references" (in memory which IS a biological process), a concept or "mental construct". It's very real to the people with the construct, and isn't even necessarily a bad construct. But it is a mental construct, and very different for everyone who has one, and *names* it, or *references* it, as "god" or "Jesus". Your mental images are important, and no one is discounting them. But I suspect KC, you should be crediting yourself more than you do. YOU got yourself through whatever. Your mental images may have been of some assistance, but YOU diid it. You can "name* "god" or "love" or "whatever". YOU did it.

I was referencing the original poster.

31-07-2013, 01:51 PM
(31-07-2013 01:33 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(31-07-2013 01:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  So, with all your absolutes that you described in your original post, I am mentally unstable? Or I should say, you think/according to you I am mentally unstable.

Hrmmm... Consider

Mentally unstable? I don't know, probably not. You are, however, delusional.

Perhaps.

31-07-2013, 02:03 PM
KC... You really love God. Fairy nuff. But... do you think it's right to assert that one should love God the *most* ? I think it's an evil, mind-trapping thing for a God to want... So many Christians that I know spend their time worrying that they don't love God enough.
31-07-2013, 02:10 PM
(31-07-2013 02:03 PM)morondog Wrote:  KC... You really love God. Fairy nuff. But... do you think it's right to assert that one should love God the *most* ? I think it's an evil, mind-trapping thing for a God to want... So many Christians that I know spend their time worrying that they don't love God enough.

I'm not ever concerned about that. Feelings are fickle and changing anyway... with anything that you feel love or a connection to, there are going to be times of distance and closeness. There will be times when you feel like you really love God, and there will be times when you feel like you don't love Him enough.

That's just part of the human equation and emotions. I know that I love God. I know that I will always love God. I know that no one can take that away from me.

In the same vein, it's how I feel about my wife. There are days when all I want to do is be around her, and then there are days that I can't stand her. This doesn't determine my love for her. I love her unconditionally. And, you could never take that love away from me. I will always love her.

31-07-2013, 02:22 PM
(31-07-2013 02:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  There will be times when you feel like you really love God,

No there won't Tongue