Do Facebook Preachers Really Believe This Shit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Do Facebook Preachers Really Believe This Shit
It never fails to amaze me the idiotic things people put on facebook about religion. I'm not talking about my dog Lucy is sick please pray for her or God blessed us with a baby boy. I mean the posts that say "If you believe in Jesus Share this and something great will happen in the next two days". Or "Click Like and God will answer your next prayer"
Is it possible these fools actually think some gift will come their way if they perform the requested act? I am always so tempted to write a comment like, "For all those that did this please tell us what great thing happened". I imagine there will be zero responses

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2012, 05:36 PM
RE: Do Facebook Preachers Really Believe This Shit
Plenty of people don't really think about it but go along with posting those items.

If you asked them I'm sure many would give you answers. It would be basic common things that of course would happen and they'll attribute to being great since you asked. Otherwise they would have never even thought out what greatness had occurred and just assumed of course it did. Even if they died, that great thing was their rise to heaven!

A lot of people do believe this and that's why you've seen the spread of chainmail and now chain-facebook posts spread and not stop their cycle of moronic messages.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
12-07-2012, 05:42 PM
(12-07-2012 05:36 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  If you asked them I'm sure many would give you answers.
I wish I had the guts to ask them. It would be amusing to hear the answers: "Jesus gave me a parking space", "God made my apple pie turn out perfect".

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
[+] 1 user Likes free2011's post
12-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Most of my facebook friends are theist. It really gets on my nerves when one of them has an issue: illness, unemployment, marriage problems, looking for a home, buying a car, etc and then the prayer comments start coming in. These people actually believe their prayers are going to resolve the problem. The only thing I can see it benefit is the recipient , as they may FEEL better by having their ego stroked when the prayer count numbers climb. That is all that will happen.
12-07-2012, 07:23 PM
[Image: 559289_10151893880725117_2124362390_n.jpg]

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like Science Believer's post
13-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Most of my friends from back home are christian and few of them participate in the sharing of "jesus posts." Of the ones that do, I would say from my experience in knowing them that they are split down the middle. Half of them believe that shit just like bill gates is sharing his money with average e-mail users. The other half are just going through the motions are trying to outwardly show their beliefs or support of those beliefs. It's pomp and circumstance in my opinion.

And yet another interesting topic I am not interested in.
[+] 2 users Like AmishLatinJew's post