Do Humans Need Hate?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2013, 04:35 PM
RE: Do Humans Need Hate?
I think you can combat racism, sexism, homophobia, extremism, etc in a cool and calculating manner without hate.

Hate is more of physical reaction - increased adrenaline and willingness to use that energy to hurt someone.

If that adrenaline can be used to keep you up at night to create literature, or hold conferences, sure, that would be useful. But passion, or good old caffeine have less side effects than hate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2013, 04:42 PM
(09-05-2013 04:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  Ghost, you better watch out, because I am with Vera.

A lot of hate is based on fear, fear of the different, fear of change, fear of the new.

Racism is based on fear, wars are based on fear(mongering), religion is based on fear and what have you.

Fear pervades everything.

Oh, he's so dead now Evil_monster

Seriously though, I don't have a problem with the different, and that includes the differing opinions of others. Everyone's entitled to believe whatever they want to believe and be as miserable as they want to be. If someone wants to lead a life full of hate and resentment, or one of arbitrary division among what should be one - it's really no skin off my nose.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
09-05-2013, 05:03 PM
(09-05-2013 04:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  Ghost, you better watch out, because I am with Vera.

A lot of hate is based on fear, fear of the different, fear of change, fear of the new.

Racism is based on fear, wars are based on fear(mongering), religion is based on fear and what have you.

Fear pervades everything.

And because fear is a vital part of the human animal...

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2013, 05:45 PM
I don't think we need hate, but it's there. I, generally enjoy smiling more than gritting my teeth; I almost never wish anybody harm! But my dad once worked at a place called Truman Neurological, where he took care of mentally and physically handicapped people. There was this one kid Ronnie, and my dad would put his bald head up against Ronnie's bald head and say, "hey look, we just made buttcheeks out of our heads; we're asses" Big Grin Ronnie'd just laugh. He was a genuinely beautiful human being, shy, but just loved him to death. I found out, one day, how Ronnie came to be as he is now. His own father took him, as a baby, and swung his head up against the shower wall. Weeping After giving Ronnie a hug for no other reason, I started to think about his father! This guy. This inhuman piece of shit that would do this to his own son? You have no idea the deep dark black seething depths of hatred that exist in me for that monster!! I would gladly cover the dad in honey and throw him into a pit of grizzly bears and think "this is for you Ronnie" as he's being torn up Evil_monster . Obviously, I don't NEED that hatred, but honestly? I'd rather have IT, than cold indifference to the crime!

09-05-2013, 06:03 PM
There are three things that get my blood boiling:

Child abuse
Elder abuse
Animal abuse

Makes me want to do the same thing to the perpetrator. I am normally very laid back and easy going, I don't judge people, I see something good in everyone, but when I see one of those three things, I lose it.

Abusing the helpless has to be the lowest a human being can do. It's likely not confined to the three things above, but we don't stone people to death and such around here.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
09-05-2013, 06:17 PM
(09-05-2013 06:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  There are three things that get my blood boiling:

Child abuse
Elder abuse
Animal abuse

Makes me want to do the same thing to the perpetrator. I am normally very laid back and easy going, I don't judge people, I see something good in everyone, but when I see one of those three things, I lose it.

Abusing the helpless has to be the lowest a human being can do. It's likely not confined to the three things above, but we don't stone people to death and such around here.

Yes, but having hatred, and acting out on it are 2 different things, no? I'd like to draw and quarter that guy, but I wouldn't; some deep sense of empathy would well up, and you just couldn't do it. But I'd certainly LIKE to have more than just a stern talk with that father above! Even though I wouldn't act on it, make no mistake, I hate that man!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
09-05-2013, 06:33 PM
(09-05-2013 02:31 PM)Vera Wrote:  That's not hate. That's fear. The tribal instinct. Us or them. The other tribe, that we don't know and thus, it may pose a threat. I guess it made sense back then. But now that the world is our "tribe", this mentality is painfully outdated, backwards and disgusting.

I totally agree with you. It actually goes back even further than tribal and band societies all the way back to our last common ancestor. Our chimp cousins serve as good analogs. They will attack any male (and sometimes female) outsider that wonders into their territory. It certainly is an "us vs. them" sort of situation.

(09-05-2013 06:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  There are three things that get my blood boiling:

Child abuse
Elder abuse
Animal abuse

Joking aside, I can't stand any of those either.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
09-05-2013, 07:43 PM
I didn't know whether to place this in this "Hate" thread, or in the Invasive Species thread, or somewhere else. And this will come out of an extreme, but I'm just asking! As humans are, at the moment, the only species capable of acting as it's own predator, should we not at least execute those who enjoy killing? Or stop jailing murderers so as to allow a more natural selection process? Sorry. I get depressed reading these statistics, and studies. I'm coming around to the conclusion that, until we (somehow) achieve some Utopia, hatred will remain not just natural, but actually fucking useful! bleh Sad

09-05-2013, 08:05 PM
(09-05-2013 06:17 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  

Child abuse
Elder abuse
Animal abuse

Yes, but having hatred, and acting out on it are 2 different things, no? I'd like to draw and quarter that guy, but I wouldn't; some deep sense of empathy would well up, and you just couldn't do it. But I'd certainly LIKE to have more than just a stern talk with that father above! Even though I wouldn't act on it, make no mistake, I hate that man!

Yeah, I wouldn't do it either - I couldn't. But I sure think it should happen to them.

Hah! May god strike them down! Shocking

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Hey, Misanthrope.

You have no idea who May is or how influential and widely revered he is, but you feel confident dismissing him out of hand? Ballsy.

Hey, Vera.

Let it be written. Thou and I shalt enbattlenate! Let the best man win (if that winds up being you, I'm gonna be soooooo embarrassed).

Hey, Dom.

I'm afraid not. Ohhhhhh!

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt