Do I Even Dare?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2012, 10:26 PM
RE: Do I Even Dare?
Maybe they should just go ahead and rewrite the bible.
Call it "B2" and take out all the crazy contradictions and make it readable.
Sort of like rewriting a Dr. Seuss book in plain English and without the irrational characters and stories.

Start with genesis.
In the beginning God said, "let they be a big explosion", and there was a big explosion. Then 13.74 billion years later he sent his son to a planet called earth which is located on the outer rim of a galaxy called the Milky Way.

Then take out all the killing of homosexuals, heretics, adulterers, etc. If you’re not actually going to do it, why claim it is true and then ignore it.

This should get it down to a 15 page paperback in 24 type double space font.

In the end it’s still just make believe anyway, but at least it would clarify what they actually believe.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
26-02-2012, 10:34 PM
When it comes to Facebook...I tend to ignore other people's status updates when it comes to religion and politics. They are entitled to their opinion, even if I think it's misguided. Smile

As long as they keep it to their pages, we're all good and I will keep quiet.

However, if they cross over to my page...if they try to post their political or religious rhetoric on my page, I will not hesitate to respond. (The "grey area" for me is if they respond to my post on someone else's page, whether or not I respond depends on what the say and whether I think it's worth it to bother responding.)

If their status updates get annoying, just unsubscribe from their status updates. I've had to do this with one friend...I am strict vegetarian, my friend raises pigs, chickens, ducks, etc. for food and will post about the slaughter. So I unsubscribed from her status updates so I wouldn't be bothered by it anymore.
26-02-2012, 10:48 PM
(26-02-2012 09:46 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  
(26-02-2012 11:53 AM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  However, to claim that Jesus never said to harm anyone is false - see Luke 19:27 "But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me."

I'm going to derail a bit to bring up a point. I hate when people cherry-pick from the Bible. And it doesn't matter if it's a Christian doing it or an Atheist doing it--seeing people deliberately take quotes out of context to validate their point irks me like Fox News.

That said, go read the parable Jesus was actually telling in that passage. It will and ought to piss you off, but for completely different and better reasons.
No worries about derailment, it happens often.

I am aware Jesus was telling a parable in those verses, however, was he not supposed to be the nobleman/king in that story?

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
26-02-2012, 11:09 PM
http://www.whosay.com/gwynethpaltrow/pho...de=DSH1utK

...again on my facebook... it's like a dog. Ya scold it, it wags its tail and gives you the puppy eyes (feeds me pictures of my gwynnies - from her facebook - that's too close. Restraining order, what, are you kidding me?) Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-02-2012, 12:49 AM
Jesus really had no defense for telling that parable. To say oh it was a parable is a pathetic excuse for something being said. I think it's silly when people talk context on that one, because the only context you can get from it is that if you don't have trust in him from the beginning he'll kill you. If he really just wanted to say that unwavering faith is rewarded he could've made the parable a lot less bloody.

If you had a friend who happened to start describing a similar story you'd look him funny and walk away. It's just not something anyone would really say.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
27-02-2012, 10:02 AM
(27-02-2012 12:49 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Jesus really had no defense for telling that parable.

Non-existence is the best defense. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Yeah but they never fall back on that one.

Maybe it's their trump card for when everything else fails =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
27-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Unsubscribe. You can also have a limit list. Then carry on as usual, play ball. Smile
27-02-2012, 12:30 PM
This should be your comment.
LUKE 19:27

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
27-02-2012, 02:24 PM
(27-02-2012 12:30 PM)germanyt Wrote:  This should be your comment.
LUKE 19:27

NASB:
Quote:27 But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence.”

Although the ESV is more fun:
Quote:27 But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel