Do I Even Dare?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2012, 02:28 PM
RE: Do I Even Dare?
(27-02-2012 02:24 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(27-02-2012 12:30 PM)germanyt Wrote:  This should be your comment.
LUKE 19:27

NASB:
Quote:27 But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence.”

Although the ESV is more fun:
Quote:27 But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

rofl... look at The Message:

As for these enemies of mine who petitioned against my rule, clear them out of here. I don't want to see their faces around here again.

What a joke translation.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2012, 03:04 PM
All bible translations are a joke.
What method do you use to determine the correct translation?
Your feelings?
I LMAO at your insidious and wacky ideas.

Calvinism = Coma

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-02-2012, 03:12 PM
(27-02-2012 02:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

NASB:
Quote:27 But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence.”

Quote:27 But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

As for these enemies of mine who petitioned against my rule, clear them out of here. I don't want to see their faces around here again.

What a joke translation.

Either way. Jesus was an elitist and a dick.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
27-02-2012, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2012 03:14 PM by Erxomai.)
(27-02-2012 02:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

NASB:

What a joke translation.

Technically I think it's called a paraphrase rather than a translation. But it sure presents the softer, gentler side of Sunday School Jesus.

(27-02-2012 03:12 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Either way. Jesus was an elitist and a dick.

Mostly just a dick.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
28-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Just as an update:

I did refrain from commenting on his post. It didn't hurt that another of his friends began to take him to task a little on it, although this person approached things more from the "that's pretty insensitive to peaceful Muslims" standpoint. Last I had checked there were roughly 30 responses, with one dissenter - had it gone on I might still have jumped in, calmly, to provide an opposing opinion. But I went to check his page, and the post has been deleted. There's a chance things got too heated or disrespectful and he pulled the whole thing.

On another note, I did respond to another facebook friend's reposting of a Fox News Opinion piece entitled "Why Is School Prayer Only Allowed During Tragedies" - a blog post that is regarding the recent school shooting in Ohio. This "article" makes all sorts of false statements, including that prayer is not allowed in school and that the liberals have taken God out of school, etc.

I hesitated to respond, but eventually did. This facebook friend is a friend of my brother's, and lives in another state. I don't have to play softball with him. Smile

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.