Do I complain a lot?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2015, 01:45 PM
Do I complain a lot?
I've been informed that I complain a lot. It bothered me because I try not to be an annoyance to others, so I just wanted to hear your honest opinion on this.

Do I? If so, what about (anecdotal examples appreciated)? Feel free to be straight-forward, but preferably not insulting.

Or just a yes or no would be helpful.

Thanks, and I apologize if I have been whiny.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2015, 01:51 PM
RE: Do I complain a lot?
Yes, you complain more than most others. It's not as big a deal as you think though, so stop being so sensitive about it. We like you, complaints and all. Wink

So many cats, so few good recipes.
04-12-2015, 01:54 PM
(04-12-2015 01:45 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I've been informed that I complain a lot. It bothered me because I try not to be an annoyance to others, so I just wanted to hear your honest opinion on this.

Do I? If so, what about (anecdotal examples appreciated)? Feel free to be straight-forward, but preferably not insulting.

Or just a yes or no would be helpful.

Thanks, and I apologize if I have been whiny.

I have never thought of you as a complainer. There are people on this forum who complain a lot more than you do.
04-12-2015, 01:55 PM
Complaining isn't inherently bad. If anything it's more readily inherently good. Don't apologise.
04-12-2015, 02:03 PM
I never noticed that at all. I wouldn't worry about it.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
04-12-2015, 03:01 PM
(04-12-2015 01:51 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Yes, you complain more than most others. It's not as big a deal as you think though, so stop being so sensitive about it. We like you, complaints and all. Wink
Thanks. By nature I'm pretty sensitive I guess. What are some things I have complained about, just so I understand?

04-12-2015, 03:03 PM
(04-12-2015 01:54 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I have never thought of you as a complainer. There are people on this forum who complain a lot more than you do.

(04-12-2015 01:55 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Complaining isn't inherently bad. If anything it's more readily inherently good. Don't apologise.

(04-12-2015 02:03 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  I never noticed that at all. I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for the feedback Smile.

04-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Adrianime, I think you are one of the nicest people on here. Honestly, I was surprised to even see your name as the OP when I clicked on this thread. I read many of your posts and *never* once have I thought "Oh here goes Adranime, complaining again. Wink

The only thing I could suggest is to ask the person directly as to why they called you a complainer if it bothers you that much.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
04-12-2015, 03:25 PM
To be clear, it was me who suggested Adrian complained more than usual. I'm also not surprised no one else noticed. When there's a complaint about the forum, especially when it's small, it makes sense that it would go unnoticed or be forgotten by 99% of the members. But I notice because it's my job. The worst part is, now I'm stuck defending myself, instead of accepting your thanks for actually doing my job well.

Adrian, you've complained more than once about how the forum is run. No, I'm not gonna go searching for a link. It's just not important enough. But it's also not a big deal. I'm not sure why there needs to be drama over it, but so be it. You're a super nice dude, but being butthurt over this is kinda silly.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
04-12-2015, 03:26 PM
(04-12-2015 03:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Adrianime, I think you are one of the nicest people on here. Honestly, I was surprised to even see your name as the OP when I clicked on this thread. I read many of your posts and *never* once have I thought "Oh here goes Adranime, complaining again. Wink

The only thing I could suggest is to ask the person directly as to why they called you a complainer if it bothers you that much.

Geeze, if Adrianime is a complainer then I don't know the definition of complaining.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.