Do I have a drug problem?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Do I have a drug problem?
Im asking this question because I'm worried about my health. Mods if this is inappropriate please remove and I formally apologize. Drugs I'm prescribed: zypreza, lexapro, and buspar. I take kava to deal with anxiety about 5 days a week and can do without. I smoke a pack of cigarettes a day but I'm quiting tomorrow. I ingest a low dose of kratom about 2 days a week. I smoke pot 2 days a week as well. My biggest worry is with these dietary supplements which says it's just caffeine and vitamins but I'm concerned there is an analogue of mdma in there because of the intense euphoria I feel, but it could just be the high dose of caffeine. These are taken about 3 days a week but only to make work go by faster and to help me study. Maybe I should stop everything and see how things go just taking my prescribed meds? Are any of you who are medically knowledgeable tell me anything? I figured more drugs, less dependence on a single drug but maybe I should cut back
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2013, 08:12 PM
RE: Do I have a drug problem?
I don't know that any of us can answer that but since it is worrying you enough to ask, it's certainly worth looking into.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
07-04-2013, 08:19 PM
With Anj on this. Your MD would probably be able to help you the best because they have your files at hand and would know more of how your body would react to a detox.

As well, you mentioned studies, so I'm guessing you're in school? Be prepared to face the gauntlet with your studies if you do undertake any one of those detoxes.

If you do detox, it might be good to take things one at a time. If you hit your system all at once, it could become a serious issue.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
07-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Have you told your doctor about the non-prescription stuff?

If not, you are engaging in risky behavior. Drug/substance interactions can be very dangerous.

It certainly sounds like you are trying to fix things chemically. You might want to look into cognitive behavior therapy instead of chemicals.
Chemicals can be good, but probably not the way you are going about it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
07-04-2013, 09:03 PM
@chaz you're probably right. The biggest problem I have medically is social anxiety and just laziness, which are symptoms of schizo that they cannot treat, and I feel as though cognitive behavioural therapy can only do so much. I used to see a therapist but every time I would mention a drug she would state the disclaimer that they do not treat drug abusers, and I found that nothing they ever said helped me or wasn't something I could figure out on my own
07-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Sorry for the self bump but I just want to ask if there are any highly effective cognitive treatments or just advice for having general anxiety, social anxiety, lack of emotion, and just seeing life as boring? I guess it's a mix of being schizophrenic and just wanting to enjoy life as much as possible
07-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Dialectal Behavioral Therapy is one of them. Google it - I don't know if it's wishy-washy, you'd have to decide on your own.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
07-04-2013, 10:48 PM
(07-04-2013 09:21 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Dialectal Behavioral Therapy is one of them. Google it - I don't know if it's wishy-washy, you'd have to decide on your own.

thanks that one seems pretty legitimate. I'd just like to note that I don't have a physical dependency for anything except the lexapro I'm prescribed and cigarettes. I just feel an emotional need or want to use chemicals to enjoy life. I don't really know what constitutes abuse or a "problem" with drugs. My school is going great and I have a part time job so I'm doing well in life i guess.
09-04-2013, 04:09 AM
Hello.

Quote: I figured more drugs, less dependence on a single drug

Complete and absolute wrong thinking. More drugs = more dependencies on multiple drugs. It will not in any way lower anything.

Quote:The biggest problem I have medically is social anxiety and just laziness, which are symptoms of schizo that they cannot treat

And wrong again. Symptoms of a schizo would be head-chaos primary. Social anxiety and laziness are normal for any everyday-pot-user. You said you do not use it every day, but I do and I have those symptoms. In my case, they are pot related. In your case they are probably drug related, since you take a bunch of different drugs, and you don't know who one interacts with another. Also, these "symptoms" are not something you should treat with medicine, but with yourself. Changing your behavior, maybe cutting down on all sorts of BS pills you are taking, maybe trying to talk to someone, rather than just swallow a handful of shit?

After checking out all your meds, I see you really do have some kind of schizophrenia, or something like that. You take 3 different mind-altering drugs for 3 different symptoms of your illness. Do you think it is smart to mix that cocktail with some other drugs, with a lot of caffeine and then smoke cigarettes and pot with all that? Try to stick to what your doctors have prescribed to you and if you feel like that is not doing the trick, try changing one of these meds, maybe similar, but different kind of combination will do better results. Medicine is not an exact science, you know? Contrary to general belief, a lot of things there is just try-to-guess... Also, pharmaceutical companies like to push their medicine, even though the competitors company maybe has a better medicine.

Drop the cigarettes, drop everything but the prescribed stuff and do smoke pot, but not more than 1-2 times a week.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
09-04-2013, 04:26 AM
(09-04-2013 04:09 AM)Filox Wrote:  Drop the cigarettes, drop everything but the prescribed stuff and do smoke pot, but not more than 1-2 times a week. check with your MD about the pot.

It's hard to quit smoking. But it's your life. If you want to quit, you gotta make the decision.