Do I need to explain myself?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-03-2013, 03:58 AM
RE: Do I need to explain myself?
(09-03-2013 04:25 PM)Egor Wrote:  You basically told your family to F-off and so they ask you to explain yourself. But, like you said, you don't care.

How does telling her family she doesn't believe in God equate to she doesn't care about them?

You should be more like Nacho. You might actually convert an atheist then.

Insults From Thinkingatheists forgiven 151
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2013, 04:06 AM
(10-03-2013 12:28 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(09-03-2013 10:03 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  How cruel. It's a stereotype, but worse than that it's one that isn't true in even one case.
Oh no. He has a point. If Christians are merely human, then nothing has changed. We may look like human beings but our spirit is a different type.
I have met a few Christians in which that was indeed the case. They "grew in Christ", so to speak. Impressive people. They lived in such a way, riding on the wave of favorable coincidences and they acted on their whims to become a favorable coincidence to others who needed it. One of them spoke a lot about the New Testament chapter where the believers are supposed to grow and mature through several stages of becoming the heirs to the Father's house or something, that they're meant one day to be able to inherit it all.

Of course, they probably weren't in your branch of Christianity and there are such people in all vocations. The problem is, there's too few of them and it doesn't always mean they'll be nice people or learned people.
10-03-2013, 04:07 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2013 06:50 AM by DLJ.)
(10-03-2013 03:42 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(09-03-2013 01:52 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  Why do Christians (at least the ones I know) feel this sense of superiority that guides them to question my beliefs and demand an explanation?
Watch this short video.

Was Nacho really judging Esqueleto? Notice how Esqueleto felt that Nacho had a sense of superiority....but did Nacho really feel superior or was he generally concerned about the man he loved like a brother?

I don't know which character is which but if you mean... Was the big guy coming across as superior to the little guy?

D'huh!

It didn't look like 'concern' to me.

Check the arrogant swagger and the 'bully' moment (facebowl) at the end of the end of the clip.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
10-03-2013, 04:21 AM
(10-03-2013 04:07 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-03-2013 03:42 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Watch this short video.

Was Nacho really judging Esqueleto? Notice how Esqueleto felt that Nacho had a sense of superiority....but did Nacho really feel superior or was he generally concerned about the man he loved like a brother?

I don't know which character is which but if you mean... Was the the big guy coming across as superior to the little guy?

D'huh!

Check the arrogant swagger and the 'bully' moment (facebowl) at the end of the end of the clip.
That bully moment was Nacho baptizing Esqueleto because Nacho took him at his word that the reason he has never been baptized was because he just never got around to it.
okay?

10-03-2013, 04:24 AM
(10-03-2013 04:21 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(10-03-2013 04:07 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I don't know which character is which but if you mean... Was the the big guy coming across as superior to the little guy?

D'huh!

That bully moment was Nacho baptizing Esqueleto because Nacho took him at his word that the reason he has never been baptized was because he just never got around to it.
okay?

Oh, I see. So the big was a priest?

10-03-2013, 04:29 AM
(10-03-2013 04:24 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-03-2013 04:21 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  That bully moment was Nacho baptizing Esqueleto because Nacho took him at his word that the reason he has never been baptized was because he just never got around to it.
okay?

I can't recall if in the movie he was actually a priest or just a religious brother. He falls in love with a nun and his best freind, Esqueleto only believes in science.
The movie was very loosely based on a mexican preist who supported an orphanage by wrestling at night.

10-03-2013, 04:33 AM
(10-03-2013 04:29 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(10-03-2013 04:24 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Oh, I see. So the big was a priest?
I can't recall if in the movie he was actually a priest or just a religious brother. He falls in love with a nun and his best freind, Esqueleto only believes in science.
The movie was very loosely based on a mexican preist who supported an orphanage by wrestling at night.

Ah ok, thanks.

So the big guy obviously thought that the baptism was the right (and therefore, superior) thing to do and it was more important to force the little guy to be baptised than to attempt to understand the apathy that the science-believer has about religion.

Not much respect shown there.

10-03-2013, 06:06 AM
(10-03-2013 12:24 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(09-03-2013 04:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  That is your delusion. We don't share it. Drinking Beverage

As if that mattered.

Apparently it matters to you. Why else would you be here? Or trying to convert people?

If it doesn't matter, go away.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2013, 06:31 AM
(10-03-2013 04:24 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-03-2013 04:21 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  That bully moment was Nacho baptizing Esqueleto because Nacho took him at his word that the reason he has never been baptized was because he just never got around to it.
okay?

He was wearing priestly garb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2013, 06:48 AM
(10-03-2013 04:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-03-2013 04:29 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I can't recall if in the movie he was actually a priest or just a religious brother. He falls in love with a nun and his best freind, Esqueleto only believes in science.

Ah ok, thanks.

So the big guy obviously thought that the baptism was the right (and therefore, superior) thing to do and it was more important to force the little guy to be baptised than to attempt to understand the apathy that the science-believer has about religion.

Not much respect shown there.
Your error is that you conflate the state of being baptised being superior to the state of not being baptised with Nacho feeling he is superior to Esqueleto.
In other words, just because Nacho feels baptism is superior doesn't mean that he feels he is superior.