Do I want an iPad?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2014, 04:43 PM
Do I want an iPad?
My mobile phone provider have rung me and want to offer me a reward for being "such a loyal customer". This reward is a "free" (not really free) iPad. The deal is that I can get a 16GB iPad air, the device is free but I have to sign up to a two year coverage plan. The plan includes 8GB of data (including 4G) and 3GB of openzone data. I have to pay £37 a month for this. I have a desktop PC and an iPhone 5 already.

Do I really need an iPad? Is this deal too good to turn down? Is it worth the extra expense? Will it bring anything to my life that my iPhone and PC don't already bring?

Anyone got any advice?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 04:48 PM
RE: Do I want an iPad?
No.
You're welcome.

It's literally an over sized iPhone with more app bugs.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post
06-03-2014, 04:50 PM
I like my iPad. I rarely need to use the computer anymore.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-03-2014, 04:50 PM
I wouldn't get a 16GB one plus if you've already got an iPhone 5....
Just my thoughts.
Rose
06-03-2014, 04:51 PM
(06-03-2014 04:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I like my iPad. I rarely need to use the computer anymore.

What do you use it for that you woulda previously used your computer for, if you don't mind me asking?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
06-03-2014, 04:52 PM
(06-03-2014 04:50 PM)englishrose Wrote:  I wouldn't get a 16GB one plus if you've already got an iPhone 5....
Just my thoughts.
Rose

I have an iPhone. And my iPad at home is my go to device of choice.

06-03-2014, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 05:22 PM by Smercury44.)
I love my iPad. I do EVERYTHING on here. The forum, my banking, email, google, kindle, podcasts, Facebook, skype... Everything.

That said, I won it at an office party, so it was free. If I had to do my own research to choose a tablet, I've heard there are better ones out there, but I've never looked into it. I see now that you aren't looking to get a tablet, but are being offered the iPad.

Edit: I'd go for it. It will do all the stuff your iPhone can do, but on a bigger screen. Plus the added benefit of not being tied to your PC if it is tough to lug around the house. I was so happy that I didn't have to use my iPod touch with the little screen.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
06-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Ipad overpriced. Go for the microsoft version.
06-03-2014, 05:34 PM
(06-03-2014 04:51 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 04:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I like my iPad. I rarely need to use the computer anymore.

What do you use it for that you woulda previously used your computer for, if you don't mind me asking?

Reading books, watching movies, Facebook, twitter, looking up stupid stuff about actors while I watch a movie on tv.

I pay bills, check my banking stuff, look at my kid's grades, pay for their lunches. Shop online....

Using the forum (modding on the iPad is a lot easier than on my iPhone). I do play a few games (very few). I can play chess tho....

I thought I'd miss not playing games on Facebook but honestly I don't at all. It's great for watching stuff on YouTube (longer debates).

I bring it with me when I go on vacation (as long as the place has free wifi). It saved my bored ass on our trip to Hawaii. I played games, read books and listened to music the whole flight. Smile

My problem is, my husband just now left for work, so he's home most of the day using the computer. I get, if I'm a lucky a couple hours in the morning. That's when I answer long correspondence or other things I simply can't do on my iPad because the computer is easier.

I love the fact I can start a shopping list on one device and all my other devices are updated! Same with my calendar -- which is super important to me. I don't need to worry about putting things on all my devices separately. Especially between my phone and iPad! I can also start an email on my iPad and finish it on the computer. If I download a song, it goes through iCloud to everything else. I often debate if our next computer will be a Mac.

I like that versatility.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-03-2014, 05:39 PM
The iPad (and any other tablet in general) is a laptop without the perks of a full computer at a greater price.

Sooo... if that appeals to you, go ahead. Big Grin

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]