Do I want an iPad?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2014, 06:09 PM
RE: Do I want an iPad?
(06-03-2014 04:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 04:50 PM)englishrose Wrote:  I wouldn't get a 16GB one plus if you've already got an iPhone 5....
Just my thoughts.
Rose

I have an iPhone. And my iPad at home is my go to device of choice.

+1

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 06:10 PM
(06-03-2014 05:21 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Ipad overpriced. Go for the microsoft version.

It's free.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2014, 09:32 AM
I have the iPad mini. The only downside is, like Mom said, no real keyboard. If you're writing a novel, a tablet is not for you. But I use it for everything else. In our house we only have the iPad mini and a Surface. Occasionally we break out the netbook. No desktop and we get by perfectly fine.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
Find all posts by this user
07-03-2014, 10:35 AM
I'd normally say no, because it's an iProduct and there are far better alternatives out there, but the only thing I can think of is:

[Image: Its_free.png]

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
07-03-2014, 10:51 AM
I have an iPad that was given to me for free. I never use the damn thing. I played a few games on it, used it for browsing the web for a while, but it just had too many shortcomings that were very easily overcome by reaching for my laptop instead of the tablet.

I'm a huge geek and have over twice as many computers as people in my house, so I may be a weird case. I just haven't had any need for a tablet. I read on my kindle and browse/play on my laptop.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
07-03-2014, 11:28 AM
(06-03-2014 04:43 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  My mobile phone provider have rung me and want to offer me a reward for being "such a loyal customer". This reward is a "free" (not really free) iPad. The deal is that I can get a 16GB iPad air, the device is free but I have to sign up to a two year coverage plan. The plan includes 8GB of data (including 4G) and 3GB of openzone data. I have to pay £37 a month for this. I have a desktop PC and an iPhone 5 already.

Do I really need an iPad? Is this deal too good to turn down? Is it worth the extra expense? Will it bring anything to my life that my iPhone and PC don't already bring?

Anyone got any advice?

are you willing to pay 24x£37=£878 for an Ipad?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
07-03-2014, 11:30 AM
(07-03-2014 11:28 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 04:43 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  My mobile phone provider have rung me and want to offer me a reward for being "such a loyal customer". This reward is a "free" (not really free) iPad. The deal is that I can get a 16GB iPad air, the device is free but I have to sign up to a two year coverage plan. The plan includes 8GB of data (including 4G) and 3GB of openzone data. I have to pay £37 a month for this. I have a desktop PC and an iPhone 5 already.

Do I really need an iPad? Is this deal too good to turn down? Is it worth the extra expense? Will it bring anything to my life that my iPhone and PC don't already bring?

Anyone got any advice?

are you willing to pay 24x£37=£878 for an Ipad?

Yeah that is not really "free"

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-03-2014, 11:40 AM
(06-03-2014 04:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 04:50 PM)englishrose Wrote:  I wouldn't get a 16GB one plus if you've already got an iPhone 5....
Just my thoughts.
Rose

I have an iPhone. And my iPad at home is my go to device of choice.

same here.

its easier to be comfortable and still be online.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
07-03-2014, 11:53 AM
I should add that I am, at this very moment, using my beloved iPad.
But then I don't have an iPhone only a very dodgy laptop so the iPad comes out tops for me.
I was only commenting on the 16GB one.
07-03-2014, 12:08 PM
I decided not to get the iPad. My iPhone is 64GB and I've used over 20GB of that so only having 16GB on the iPad would have been very limiting. Also, I just can't see where I would really use an iPad where I couldn't use my PC or iPhone. If it had been a bit cheaper I may have got it as a luxury item but £37 was too much.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post