Do Jews ever read the New Testament?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.33 Average
25-07-2017, 08:09 PM
RE: Do Jews ever read the New Testament?
(25-07-2017 08:07 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Perhaps folks like you, like to paint all your desires and actions as good, but I have no illusions about this.

OF course.
You can't help yourself can you ? STILL demonizing atheists, and holding yourself superior.

That Hippie SOB NEVER talked about dashing babies against stones, you liar.

What are you doing here ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2017, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2017 08:26 PM by Tomasia.)
(25-07-2017 08:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It is not a fantasy. It a Biblical text that describes what they wanted to DO, and what they felt was justified. They had no concept of "fantasy". They WOULD have killed everyone, (and it's "would HAVE", not "would of"), Mr. Fake PhD. You have no clue what the passage is, and you have NO education in ancient Near Eastern culture and ancient Hebrew texts. It's YOUR interpretation of a passage. There are no "facts" of a passage, except for Fundamentalists.

It's a fantasy. It's an image that's entirely in the writers head, duh.

It didn't take place, and doesn't even attempt to present itself as something that took place. It's imagined. It's as much a fantasy, as your neighbor imagining sleeping with your wife. Whether or not he'd act on it given the opportunity, doesn't change that.

It's not rocket science bucky, it doesn't acquire an education in ancient Eastern Culture, it's evident.

If anyone can be used of pushing a modern spin on the passage it's you. It's more product of your liberal uneasiness with violent images than anything else.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
25-07-2017, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2017 08:39 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(25-07-2017 08:19 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 08:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It is not a fantasy. It a Biblical text that describes what they wanted to DO, and what they felt was justified. They had no concept of "fantasy". They WOULD have killed everyone, (and it's "would HAVE", not "would of"), Mr. Fake PhD. You have no clue what the passage is, and you have NO education in ancient Near Eastern culture and ancient Hebrew texts. It's YOUR interpretation of a passage. There are no "facts" of a passage, except for Fundamentalists.

It's a fantasy. It's an image that's entirely in the writers head, duh.

It didn't take place, and doesn't even attempt to present itself as something that took place. It's imagined. It's as much a fantasy, as your neighbor imagining sleeping with your wife. Whether or not he'd act on it given the opportunity, doesn't change that.

It's not rocket science bucky, it doesn't acquire an education in ancient Eastern Culture, it's evident.

If anyone can be used of pushing a modern spin not the passage it's you. It's more product of your liberal uneasiness with violent images than anything else.

Your modern (presentist) psychobabble is not a convincing explanation of an ancient text. They had no notion of "fantasy". I know you think it's simple. It is not. It's only 'simple" as you know NOTHING about ancient literature. You claiming it's "evident" is a demonstration of your further Fundy ignorance. Nice straw man. I NEVER said I was "uneasy with violent images". I SAID the violent picture was what he meant. That is the OPPOSITE of a discomfort with violent images. I am PERFECTLY comfortable. It's YOU that is not comfortable with violence here, trying to explain it away. Nice try at turning around what I said. A straw-man. I think you might know what you did there. What are you doing here ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
25-07-2017, 08:43 PM
(25-07-2017 08:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Your modern (presentist) psychobabble is not a convincing explanation of an ancient text. They had no notion of "fantasy"

What a terrible argument you have there.

That's like arguing that just because an ancient storyteller didn't have any notion of what constitutes as a "myth", his stories weren't "myths".

It's an image that's purely in the writers imagination. It doesn't describe, or even claim to describe something that took place. It's purely a picture exclusively in the writers head, with no basis in reality, a delightful image of revenge. And you know what you call that? A fantasy.

an idea with no basis in reality.

a fanciful mental image, typically one on which a person dwells at length or repeatedly and which reflects their conscious or unconscious wishes.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
25-07-2017, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2017 08:52 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(25-07-2017 08:43 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 08:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Your modern (presentist) psychobabble is not a convincing explanation of an ancient text. They had no notion of "fantasy"

What a terrible argument you have there.

That's like arguing that just because an ancient storyteller didn't have any notion of what constitutes as a "myth", his stories weren't "myths".

It's an image that's purely in the writers imagination. It doesn't describe, or even claim to describe something that took place. It's purely a picture exclusively in the writers head, with no basis in reality, a delightful image of revenge. And you know what you call that? A fantasy.

a fanciful mental image, typically one on which a person dwells at length or repeatedly and which reflects their conscious or unconscious wishes.

No.
The thing you are totally ignorant of, is they they did not think as we do. Individualism had not arisen yet. It is not a fanciful image. It's a REAL idea by people whose identity was 100 % dependent ONLY as a member of a group. Some day you should consider getting a real education.

Quote:That's like arguing that just because an ancient storyteller didn't have any notion of what constitutes as a "myth", his stories weren't "myths".

No. Fallacy of the false analogy. They had no concept of something in their "imagination". You REALLY need a class in Bible History, cultural history, history in general, and psychology.
Jesus H Fucking Christ. Did they teach you NOTHING in correspondence Babble school ?

25-07-2017, 08:51 PM
(25-07-2017 08:43 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  . . .

Confused

[Image: New_Testament_Black.jpg]

I've got some bad news for you.

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 5 users Like TSG's post
25-07-2017, 08:59 PM
(25-07-2017 08:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 08:43 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  What a terrible argument you have there.

No.
The thing you are totally ignorant of, is they they did not think as we do. Individualism had not arisen yet. It is not a fanciful image. It's a REAL idea by people whose identity was 100 % dependent ONLY as a member of a group. Some day you should consider getting a real education.

Quote:That's like arguing that just because an ancient storyteller didn't have any notion of what constitutes as a "myth", his stories weren't "myths".

No. Fallacy of the false analogy. They had no concept of something in their "imagination". You REALLY need a class in Bible History, cultural history, history in general, and psychology.
Jesus H Fucking Christ. Did they teach you NOTHING in correspondence Babble school ?

It’s an idea with no basis in reality, and by definition a fantasy.

It’s a mental image expressing conscious or unconscious wishes, and by definition a fantasy.

Your stupid arguments don’t change that, but that is some impressive mental gymnastics you’re performing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25-07-2017, 09:03 PM
(25-07-2017 08:51 PM)TSG Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 08:43 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  . . .

Confused

[Image: New_Testament_Black.jpg]

I've got some bad news for you.

Well, according to Bucky, as long I believe Jesus is real, then he can’t be an imaginary friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25-07-2017, 09:05 PM
(25-07-2017 08:59 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 08:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No.

It’s an idea with no basis in reality, and by definition a fantasy.

It’s a mental image expressing conscious or unconscious wishes, and by definition a fantasy.

Your stupid arguments don’t change that, but that is some impressive mental gymnastics you’re performing.

It's that definition in 2017, and NOT a few thousand years ago. As I said, you are wallowing in Presentism, and have no education AT ALL in ancient literature. But thanks for proving you wasted your money on your fake degree.

25-07-2017, 09:07 PM
(25-07-2017 09:03 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Well, according to Bucky, as long I believe Jesus is real, then he can’t be an imaginary friend.

Thanks for proving you understood NOTHING I said, and thanks for the example of a straw-man, and another fallacy of the false analogy.

What are you doing here ?