Do Jews ever read the New Testament?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.33 Average
23-07-2017, 06:53 PM
RE: Do Jews ever read the New Testament?
(23-07-2017 06:37 PM)ImFred Wrote:  This is probably the most idiotic thread idea I've ever come across.

Exercise your right not to read it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
23-07-2017, 06:56 PM
(23-07-2017 06:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 06:49 PM)TSG Wrote:  Shocking Did Anjele just come to my defense?

But to be honest, I'll only count as the "teen skeptic" for a few more months (unless 18 and 19 count).

Twice, I did.

Pick your jaw up off the floor.

I can see that you are more mature than you were.

[Image: 1d6a01be04f86959d2f21f5eed639961.png] At the risk of sounding vain, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has made that observation. Thank you.

I'd shake your hand but there's a screen in the way.

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
23-07-2017, 06:56 PM
(23-07-2017 06:42 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 06:39 PM)TSG Wrote:  Be honest, everyone -- am I coming across as a jerk? That wasn't and isn't my intention and I can stop.

It's not your thread.

Well delta bravo started it, but once it is posted, it becomes public and technically belongs to the forum and as long as no one deliberately tries to derail during an interesting discussion.

@TSG

Dude you're fine. Smile and welcome home!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-07-2017, 06:59 PM
What I really would like to know, is, are there motherfucking raccoons in the NT ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-07-2017, 07:01 PM
(23-07-2017 06:47 PM)Vera Wrote:  Maybe I read it wrong, but I took the "it's not your thread" to mean - you're not responsible for it being the stupidest thread *idea* I've come across because you didn't start/create it.

How I read it, anyway. Obviously, can't speak for the person who said it.

You're right

It's a stupid thread because "Jews" are huge group of people and the New Testament is universally famous.

It's as silly a topic as Do Brazilians Ever study the Second World War. The answer is self-evident.
23-07-2017, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2017 07:08 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-07-2017 07:01 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 06:47 PM)Vera Wrote:  Maybe I read it wrong, but I took the "it's not your thread" to mean - you're not responsible for it being the stupidest thread *idea* I've come across because you didn't start/create it.

How I read it, anyway. Obviously, can't speak for the person who said it.

You're right

It's a stupid thread because "Jews" are huge group of people and the New Testament is universally famous.

It's as silly a topic as Do Brazilians Ever study the Second World War. The answer is self-evident.

You're even more cranky than usual today. Did we forget our crabby pills ?
We'll be sure and pass all the thread ideas for your approval before we post them.
Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-07-2017, 07:06 PM
(23-07-2017 06:51 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Speaking strictly from a Jewish perspective, the way you use the Torah (ie: baseball bat) properly is by not murdering people for thinking differently than you do. We can have a whole conversation about the wars that were depicted in early Jewish biblical stories, but bear in mind that we wrote the book, and we teach it according to what the Talmud says. We teach that those wars were not ideological but because of horrible behavior like wanton disregard of human life and human dignity. ALL civilizations at the time were fighting each other. Jews fought wars because we thought people were acting like barbarians. Christians fought wars because they didn't like the deity that other people believed in. To a Jewish audience, these are totally different.

This is a really big conversation, and an argument could also be made that the Jewish wars that were written about were just the Jews blowing smoke up everyone's asses to scare them into believing that they were more powerful than they actually were. We do tend to be more clever than physically strong. Tongue

I think we'll probably have to agree to disagree about the wars and crimes in the Tanakh, as I'm sure you've heard all the arguments before. But again I think your terms are rather broad: "From a Jewish perspective"? Which sect is that? I'll just clarify that from my observations of the Old Testament, countless killings were indeed carried out against people for "thinking differently from you [not you specifically of course]". You may argue that my interpretation is lesser since I'm not Jewish, but by that same logic I could probably say that your interpretation is lesser since you're not an ancient Israelite.

More Min Gee Ziss
23-07-2017, 07:07 PM
(23-07-2017 07:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 07:01 PM)ImFred Wrote:  You're right

You're even more cranky than usual today. Did we forget our crabby pills ?
We'll be sure and pass all the tread ideas for your approval before we post them.
Facepalm

We? Only one person started this thread.

Hey! Do Texans read Freud?
23-07-2017, 07:07 PM
(23-07-2017 06:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What I really would like to know, is, are there motherfucking raccoons in the NT ?

You mean to say are there motherfucking raccoons in the motherfucking NT. Drinking Beverage

I'd assume not but there be dragons. And a big, scary, genocidal ogre Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
23-07-2017, 07:08 PM
(23-07-2017 06:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 06:42 PM)ImFred Wrote:  It's not your thread.

Well delta bravo started it, but once it is posted, it becomes public and technically belongs to the forum and as long as no one deliberately tries to derail during an interesting discussion.

@TSG

Dude you're fine. Smile and welcome home!

Blush Hi.

More Min Gee Ziss