Do Other Westerners Really Hate Americans?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2016, 01:25 AM
RE: Do Other Westerners Really Hate Americans?
Nope. Don't hate any nationality.

Can't stand idiotic parochialism though.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
10-05-2016, 01:29 AM
I wouldn't use the word "hate", but yes, speaking from my own experience, Americans and their country are particularly disliked in Europe. There are many reasons for that and Stevil did an excellent job covering most of them. I would add that the American public education system is a disaster ("America is the greatest country in the world") and that Americans allowed their government to fuck up a large region of the world so badly, it will likely never recover from it in our lifetime (Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya come to mind). They continue to play world police, causing nothing but death and suffering everywhere they go. The Middle East would be in a better shape than it is today if Bush and his ilk had simply done nothing.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
10-05-2016, 01:59 AM
Pretty sure our WTF moments get more exposure.

I'm also pretty sure folks from around the world move here for a reason, even considering our many faults and flaws.

Being born here was luck of the draw for me, but I'm happy for it. Other countries, running my mouth about my politics or (lack of) religion might get me jailed, or worse.
10-05-2016, 02:40 AM
(10-05-2016 01:59 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Pretty sure our WTF moments get more exposure.

I'm also pretty sure folks from around the world move here for a reason, even considering our many faults and flaws.

Being born here was luck of the draw for me, but I'm happy for it. Other countries, running my mouth about my politics or (lack of) religion might get me jailed, or worse.

Or in another country you might get a better education, better healthcare that's free, safer environment, less religious/conservative nutjobs and you wont have Trump for President.
[+] 8 users Like earmuffs's post
10-05-2016, 03:33 AM
(10-05-2016 01:29 AM)Vosur Wrote:  The Middle East would be in a better shape than it is today if Bush and his ilk had simply done nothing.

This is also true had not Prince Ferdinand been assassinated.

That is where it began.

Actually it began many centuries before. But Ferdinand is a good point as far as the 20th century and early 21st centuries have played out.

Had WWI not happened, WWII would not have happened, Israel would not exist etc etc etc.

The end is listless. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
10-05-2016, 04:09 AM
(10-05-2016 12:16 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Do i hate americans? Well, hate is such a harsh word....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

So, seriously, dont hate em, but ofen i am "wtf?" (too bad theres no bigger fonts here).

What Deesse23 said Thumbsup

I don't understand the American love affair with guns or the wholesale dumbing down (as per tv etc) that the UK sadly seems too eager to emulate.

- Welsh/British
10-05-2016, 04:46 AM
(10-05-2016 02:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 01:59 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Pretty sure our WTF moments get more exposure.

Or in another country you might get a better education, better healthcare that's free, safer environment, less religious/conservative nutjobs and you wont have Trump for President.

All of that is true, except free healthcare and the environment. The only time you get something for "free" is when you are really buying it, or they want you to buy something else much more expensive. As for our environment, it's excellent in the overwhelming part of the country. Our worst patch of land is probably LA, which is a pretty tiny percentage of the country, and even that can't compete with the likes of many cities across the world for polluted air.

10-05-2016, 05:10 AM
(10-05-2016 04:46 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  All of that is true, except free healthcare and the environment. The only time you get something for "free" is when you are really buying it, or they want you to buy something else much more expensive. As for our environment, it's excellent in the overwhelming part of the country. Our worst patch of land is probably LA, which is a pretty tiny percentage of the country, and even that can't compete with the likes of many cities across the world for polluted air.

Okay.

Keep propping up those insurance companies. They really do care when they pull the plug. Tongue

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
10-05-2016, 06:23 AM
I find that governments rarely reflect the will or the character of it's people. Many governments are elected to majority status with less than 50% of the electoral votes.

So if I say something like "that country is so stupid". I'm referring to its government's actions not the people themselves. I sincerely hope nobody judges us Canadians because of Prime Minister "Selfie", or the idiot that came before him.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 2 users Like unsapien's post
10-05-2016, 08:32 AM
(10-05-2016 04:46 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 02:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Or in another country you might get a better education, better healthcare that's free, safer environment, less religious/conservative nutjobs and you wont have Trump for President.

All of that is true, except free healthcare and the environment. The only time you get something for "free" is when you are really buying it, or they want you to buy something else much more expensive. As for our environment, it's excellent in the overwhelming part of the country. Our worst patch of land is probably LA, which is a pretty tiny percentage of the country, and even that can't compete with the likes of many cities across the world for polluted air.

Not environment as in environment, safe environment as in safe neighborhood.
Less violence. I agree that environmentally America is pretty good. Even with all the global warming deniers.

Our healthcare is FAR FAR better system than what you guys have.
I get that we pay for it through our taxes but NZ taxes are on par with US taxes except you also have to pay for health insurance on top of that. So it's not more expensive.. more expensive for you maybe.

If I break my arm I go to the hospital. I get fixed up. I go to the follow up appointments. And all I have to do is give the hospital some details (name, address, DoB etc..) for the purpose to record keeping. They don't send me a bill. I don't have to go through an insurance company that doesn't wanna give me money and asks a thousand questions which give off the impression they don't believe me.
And that goes for everyone. Rich or homeless. You're covered. No poor people who unable to afford health insurance being screwed over by an accident.

For me the biggest issue with Americans is fanatical patriotism. You guys are like fascists. Minus the dictatorship and genocide. And I'm not talking about a small minority group. I'm talking the majority of the population. "America is the greatest country in the world!" shit. You have some stupid pledge you make children say at school. You think you're the only country to have a constitution when nearly every country in the world has one. Every western country has the same or more rights than you guys. "We have freedom!" is meaningless. So do I. So does most of Europe, Canada, Australia etc.. The only thing great about America is your military firepower, but hows that been working out for you lately? The only reason you have a large military power is so you can bully countries into doing what you wanna do.
I think this is where Americans differ from the rest of the west. I think Europeans, Kiwi's, Aussies and Canadians love their countries, but they're not fanatical patriots about it. We accept our faults. We can see other countries doing things better and learn from that. You put your fingers in your ears and scream lalala and ignore them all the while screaming "America is the greatest country in the world!!".
[+] 7 users Like earmuffs's post