Do Other Westerners Really Hate Americans?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2016, 08:32 AM
RE: Do Other Westerners Really Hate Americans?
(10-05-2016 03:33 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 01:29 AM)Vosur Wrote:  The Middle East would be in a better shape than it is today if Bush and his ilk had simply done nothing.

This is also true had not Prince Ferdinand been assassinated.

That is where it began.

Actually it began many centuries before. But Ferdinand is a good point as far as the 20th century and early 21st centuries have played out.

Had WWI not happened, WWII would not have happened, Israel would not exist etc etc etc.

The end is listless. Smile

Nailed it! Though to be honest, the ME has had hatred and murder running rampant for millenia. What we did was kick that hornet's nest. If we had kept our dicks out of it, the world would be a better place, IMO.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
10-05-2016, 08:51 AM
So, the people mentioned in the OP hate Americans? Does this include new borns? Little old ladies with 34 cats? The folks who volunteer for Doctors Without Borders? Jonas Salk? Daisy Ridley?

I hate ALL sweeping generalizations.

Sleepy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
10-05-2016, 09:05 AM
We in Ireland get on fine with Americans. Of couse we have a lot of connections to the US through years of emigration etc.... I, and most people I know have family in the US. The US (Bill Clinton) was influential in getting the peace process going in Northern Ireland. About 140,000 people are employed by US companies in Ireland (that may change if Trump wins!) and we get a lot of tourists from the US. Ok, they have their fair share of gobshites......just like every other country.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
10-05-2016, 09:21 AM
(10-05-2016 09:05 AM)Marozz Wrote:  We in Ireland get on fine with Americans. Of couse we have a lot of connections to the US through years of emigration etc.... I, and most people I know have family in the US. The US (Bill Clinton) was influential in getting the peace process going in Northern Ireland. About 140,000 people are employed by US companies in Ireland (that may change if Trump wins!) and we get a lot of tourists from the US. Ok, they have their fair share of gobshites......just like every other country.
All eight of my great-grandparents arrived at Ellis Island from Ireland on the same boat. They left rather abruptly, tool boxes for the men and one suitcase each for the women. (Yeah, they were Prots living "down South".) They all changed their names when they arrived so I have no way of knowing where exactly they lived.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
10-05-2016, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2016 09:39 AM by Marozz.)
(10-05-2016 09:21 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 09:05 AM)Marozz Wrote:  We in Ireland get on fine with Americans. Of couse we have a lot of connections to the US through years of emigration etc.... I, and most people I know have family in the US. The US (Bill Clinton) was influential in getting the peace process going in Northern Ireland. About 140,000 people are employed by US companies in Ireland (that may change if Trump wins!) and we get a lot of tourists from the US. Ok, they have their fair share of gobshites......just like every other country.
All eight of my great-grandparents arrived at Ellis Island from Ireland on the same boat. They left rather abruptly, tool boxes for the men and one suitcase each for the women. (Yeah, they were Prots living "down South".) They all changed their names when they arrived so I have no way of knowing where exactly they lived.

Crazy times alright. The Prods were hounded out of the South and the Catholics hounded out of the North..... ah sure, we're all friends now Dodgy

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
10-05-2016, 10:05 AM
If only we could go back 250 years or so before America even had a military and the rest of the world lived in harmony. Every day was sunny, there were rainbows where leprechauns shared their gold, fluffy bunnies were shitting all over the place, it was awesome.

Best of all, without the American republicans forcing their agendas down everyone's throats, most people were atheist.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 6 users Like yakherder's post
10-05-2016, 10:13 AM
(09-05-2016 08:11 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I don't hate any race of people.

There is only one race, and that is human.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
10-05-2016, 11:58 AM
These are the only "Americans" I hate.....

[Image: t1larg.muslim.too.jpg]

If these extremists wanna argue in the streets about how wonderful
is Islam, then let them go back to Iran or Afghanistan
or Turkey or whatever shithole they came from to do it.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
10-05-2016, 01:02 PM
(10-05-2016 04:46 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  All of that is true, except free healthcare and the environment. The only time you get something for "free" is when you are really buying it, or they want you to buy something else much more expensive.
I take my kids to the doctors for free, no charge.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
10-05-2016, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2016 03:08 PM by Mr. Boston.)
(10-05-2016 08:32 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  For me the biggest issue with Americans is fanatical patriotism. You guys are like fascists. Minus the dictatorship and genocide. And I'm not talking about a small minority group. I'm talking the majority of the population. "America is the greatest country in the world!" shit. You have some stupid pledge you make children say at school. You think you're the only country to have a constitution when nearly every country in the world has one. Every western country has the same or more rights than you guys. "We have freedom!" is meaningless. So do I. So does most of Europe, Canada, Australia etc.. The only thing great about America is your military firepower, but hows that been working out for you lately? The only reason you have a large military power is so you can bully countries into doing what you wanna do.
I think this is where Americans differ from the rest of the west. I think Europeans, Kiwi's, Aussies and Canadians love their countries, but they're not fanatical patriots about it. We accept our faults. We can see other countries doing things better and learn from that. You put your fingers in your ears and scream lalala and ignore them all the while screaming "America is the greatest country in the world!!".

That's a mentality that irks the shit out of me too, but in large part it's an exaggerated and ugly stereotype. You may be surprised to find out how few Americans actually feel that way though. We have a long history of protest, political dissent, and unrest in this country, but I fear this sentiment is in a real downturn. There has always been an undercurrent and counter-culture in the USA which opposes the status quo - though I admit that opposition has been less vocal and prominent in recent years. These voices are not likely to be the ones you can hear all the way from New Zealand.
[+] 2 users Like Mr. Boston's post