Do Trumpists Realize Trump Has Accomplished NOTHING So Far?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
17-02-2017, 05:50 PM
RE: Do Trumpists Realize Trump Has Accomplished NOTHING So Far?
(17-02-2017 03:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  Very funny.
ACA = Obamacare
Isn't Google great?

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
17-02-2017, 07:20 PM
(17-02-2017 04:42 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Stevil Wrote:I don't think it makes any sense to say "repeal or remove ACA"
Removing ACA would mean that millions of people would be without healthcare. This would mean many would die on the streets.
Let's see what will happen.
Well, I don't think they will just remove it. I think they will come up with something to replace it with.

But will it be better or worse?

It seems very strange to me that they have had several years of hating ACA and yet they haven't come up with something to replace it with. Their campaign was purely "we hate ACA, we're going to repeal it" but that really tells the voter nothing. They didn't campaign on anything solid. They have come into power basically with a blank slate and now are scrambling to come with something. It seems very strange to me that USA politics have gone this route. I have no idea how you can vote for someone that doesn't offer any detailed policies in their campaign. To me it seemed just like a hate thing. Hate Muslims, hate Mexicans, hate ACA, but no substance behind any of it.

So what are they going to replace ACA with? Do you even care, or are you just going to be happy as long as ACA goes?
17-02-2017, 08:44 PM
This thread seems like a good place to put this link. Reddit has a sub forum that seems to be devoted to Tiny Trump images. Laugh out load

https://www.reddit.com/r/TinyTrumps/

[Image: tiny-trump-meme-trudeau-2.jpg]

[Image: trump-obama.jpg]

[Image: FVf3YvPl.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
17-02-2017, 08:51 PM
(17-02-2017 03:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(17-02-2017 03:35 PM)abaris Wrote:  You should ask her if she's against the Affordable Care Act too or only against Obamacare. Dodgy
Very funny.
ACA = Obamacare

Wrong.
The ACA is Romney Care. He admitted it.
It was written by the Heritage Foundation.
http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpoliti...-obamacare

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-02-2017, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2017 09:00 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Well, he's gotten a lot of free advertising for Mar-a-Lago Golf Resort. That's something. Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-02-2017, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2017 09:21 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(17-02-2017 08:44 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This thread seems like a good place to put this link. Reddit has a sub forum that seems to be devoted to Tiny Trump images. Laugh out load

https://www.reddit.com/r/TinyTrumps/

[Image: tiny-trump-meme-trudeau-2.jpg]

[Image: trump-obama.jpg]

[Image: FVf3YvPl.jpg]

[Image: 6pGxdsj.jpg]

FDR got 75 bills passed in 1st 100 days.
Dumpy may pass 10.
Clinton and Obama got more than he will.
There are 700 presidential appointees..he's named about 40. As McCain said today, his administration is in disarray.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-02-2017, 09:30 PM
(17-02-2017 09:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There are 700 presidential appointees..he's named about 40. As McCain said today, his administration is in disarray.

Here’s the list of positions to be appointed. (had to look it up)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_po...nfirmation

If you go to the WH to check it's blank!
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room...pointments

I had to go to the website of fashion magazine Marie Claire to get up to the minute appointees! Facepalm
http://www.marieclaire.com/politics/a239...ointments/

What a clusterfuck administration this is.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
17-02-2017, 10:39 PM
(17-02-2017 07:20 PM)Stevil Wrote:  It seems very strange to me that they have had several years of hating ACA and yet they haven't come up with something to replace it with. Their campaign was purely "we hate ACA, we're going to repeal it" but that really tells the voter nothing. They didn't campaign on anything solid. They have come into power basically with a blank slate and now are scrambling to come with something.
The simplest explanation is that it was pandering to their base and part of their general strategy of demonizing and undermining Obama as much as possible. Also that they never seriously wanted any kind of health care reform. They aren't stupid, they have known all along that the ACA was (1) popular enough that people wouldn't actually sit still for going back to what was there before and (2) it would be impossible to tinker with it, keep the most popular bits, and save $$ at the same time.

Even the whole debacle with Obama promising "if you like your plan, you can keep it" not proving true was overblown. It was fundamentally true, so long as you didn't have a shit policy that didn't meet the minimum requirements. All these (few) people who were supposedly "traumatized" by being forced to buy a better plan actually got something in exchange for that, like, you know, coverage. This was just another manufactured complaint. Same goes for rising premiums. Those could easily be fixed, but the GOP has had enough clout to block anything being done about it. Indeed, the Dems share some blame for that, as the recent failure to pass a rare bipartisan bill allowing drugs to be imported to the US to keep costs down, was recently defeated, with idiots like Corey Booker voting against it.

The ACA of course still suffers from a fundamental defect, which is keeping private insurance companies involved in healthcare. Single payer is the real answer, and ironically addresses all the complaints against the ACA, but of course, this is yet another reason the GOP hasn't come up with a replacement. Single payer IS the only actual replacement that would work -- as it does in virtually every other Western democracy. But we would probably manage to screw that up too. After all, we're 'Murica.
17-02-2017, 10:53 PM
[Image: C45b20JUMAE02x2.jpg:large]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
17-02-2017, 11:38 PM
(17-02-2017 10:53 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
[Image: C45b20JUMAE02x2.jpg:large]

Forgotten men and women of the United States rejected Obama's policies. I wonder why?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED