Do Trumpists Realize Trump Has Accomplished NOTHING So Far?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
18-02-2017, 10:03 AM
RE: Do Trumpists Realize Trump Has Accomplished NOTHING So Far?
(17-02-2017 11:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(17-02-2017 10:53 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
[Image: C45b20JUMAE02x2.jpg:large]

Forgotten men and women of the United States rejected Obama's policies. I wonder why?

Do you ever have anything of substance to say? Go read a book that you have never read before, watch news not produced by Fox or Breitbart. Expand your mind.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2017, 10:49 AM
(18-02-2017 05:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  With this, I think you're accidentally correct.

If by 'alt-left' you mean 'conservative' then yes.

The Clinton News Network (CNN) certainly assisted the conservative (status quo) agenda by promoting both Clinton and Trump. And from where I'm standing, MSNBC is conservative too.

So 'alt-left' is right... literally, figuratively and semantically Big Grin

The actual 'left' (if the concept of 'left' means anything anymore) media was hyper-critical of Obama. Seek and ye shall find.

Thumbsup

What I notice is Americans having no concept of left. Not the real left anyway. Not in the way we experienced it in Europe in past decades. And no, I don't mean communism, I mean social democracy and the radical left that rose up to be a problem in the 70ies.

It seems to be a remnant of the cold war that folks like Bernie are called radical leftists. He's your classic social democrat whereas Obama would be considered a little bit to the right of European conservatives. Hillary played somewhere in the Thatcher league. Shrub or this latest abomination are so far off the scale that there's no comparison to be found. With Agent Orange, fascist comes pretty close. His campaign as well as his constant twitter feeds point in that direction.
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
18-02-2017, 10:50 AM
Revenant77x Wrote:Do you ever have anything of substance to say?
I let you to be the judge of that.

Revenant77x Wrote:Go read a book that you have never read before
Good idea, what would you recommend?

Revenant77x Wrote:watch news not produced by Fox
I do, plenty

Revenant77x Wrote:Expand your mind.
You must be progressive. Progressives always think they are smarter, better ( more superior) then others. They always look down on those with whom they philosophically disagree.
What a bunch of snobs.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
18-02-2017, 11:01 AM
GirlyMan Wrote:Completely ineffective. Hector comes in through the airports and ports and El Paco digs tunnels.
Yes, but I don't believe that it is COMPLETELLY ineffective.
It is not just the wall. There are additional ways to secure the border. The harder for them to cross the border illegally the better.
GirlyMan Wrote:Makes us look like idiots afraid of our own shadows.
I don't worry about that. Or I would say that this is the least of my worries.
GirlyMan Wrote:How many you think we got here now? I'm guessing at least 100,000 don't you think? They're organizing in Idaho.
Yes, I know, I know.
But many Idahoans are ready. They have weapons to fight and to defend themselves and others.

P.S. I am not against the regulations. But nobody needs to be over regulated.

18-02-2017, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2017 11:10 AM by Heath_Tierney.)
(18-02-2017 10:50 AM)Alla Wrote:  You must be progressive. Progressives always think they are smarter, better ( more superior) then others. They always look down on those with whom they philosophically disagree.
What a bunch of snobs.

Whereas anti-progressive Trumpians threaten those whom with they disagree with murder, rape and torture.

Trump Supporters Are Now Sending Death Threats to Jewish Journalists
Vile Trump supporters threaten the kids of Newsweek reporter who exposed his shady business dealings
Journalist who profiled Melania Trump hit with barrage of antisemitic abuse
Reporter quits after ‘downright terrifying’ death threats

*edit to add*

I like you, Alla, I really do (and I think your English is just fine). But making generalizations like you did, and stating blatant falsehoods as truth doesn't do your credibility any good.

Few here would disagree that you have the right to your opinion and the right to assert that opinion as you see fit. But if you base it on misinformation or outright lies, we'll call you on it.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
18-02-2017, 11:13 AM
abaris Wrote:It seems to be a remnant of the cold war that folks like Bernie are called radical leftists.
Because he is.
To take most of your money to pay someone's bills is radical idea in my opinion.
But who am I to say this?
I am not progressive which means I am ignorant idiot who doesn't want to expand her mind or read new books.
Or do things like...umm... learning a new language. English, for example. Or Spanish(language of her husband)
Or graduate Kiev Polytechnic University with major in chemical industry.

18-02-2017, 11:15 AM
(18-02-2017 11:13 AM)Alla Wrote:  Because he is.

Grow up and do some comparisons with the rest of the world. Ridiculous rightwing talking points don't make for a sound argument.

You wouldn't know left if it hit you in your face. I do. I lived through the 70ies and witnessed real radical leftists.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
18-02-2017, 11:19 AM
(18-02-2017 11:04 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(18-02-2017 10:50 AM)Alla Wrote:  You must be progressive. Progressives always think they are smarter, better ( more superior) then others. They always look down on those with whom they philosophically disagree.
What a bunch of snobs.

Whereas anti-progressive Trumpians threaten those whom with they disagree with murder, rape and torture.

Trump Supporters Are Now Sending Death Threats to Jewish Journalists
Vile Trump supporters threaten the kids of Newsweek reporter who exposed his shady business dealings
Journalist who profiled Melania Trump hit with barrage of antisemitic abuse
Reporter quits after ‘downright terrifying’ death threats

*edit to add*

I like you, Alla, I really do (and I think your English is just fine). But making generalizations like you did, and stating blatant falsehoods as truth doesn't do your credibility any good.

Few here would disagree that you have the right to your opinion and the right to assert that opinion as you see fit. But if you base it on misinformation or outright lies, we'll call you on it.
Thank you and thank you and Ok, I have to agree with you that to paint all progressives with the broad brush is wrong.
But it is also wrong to say that if you are Trump supporter you are bigot, ignorant, racist and all other isms.
This is what people on the left do. At least it seems that most of them do this.

18-02-2017, 11:21 AM
(18-02-2017 11:15 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(18-02-2017 11:13 AM)Alla Wrote:  Because he is.

Grow up and do some comparisons with the rest of the world. Ridiculous rightwing talking points don't make for a sound argument.

You wouldn't know left if it hit you in your face. I do. I lived through the 70ies and witnessed real radical leftists.

please, tell me who they are. Do you have some names? what makes them real radical left in your opinion?

18-02-2017, 11:33 AM
(18-02-2017 11:19 AM)Alla Wrote:  But it is also wrong to say that if you are Trump supporter you are bigot, ignorant, racist and all other isms.
This is what people on the left do. At least it seems that most of them do this.

You had me up until "This is what people on the left do."

Ignorance is not exclusively a left vs right thing. Both sides (well, there are more than two sides but I'm sure you get the point) have their radical, even violent elements. On the right it's the alt-right movement led by the Brietbarters and Bannon, the Milo Yannouwhatevers, the white supremacists, etc. On the left it's a faction of BLM and some of the SJW crowd and so forth.

Fact is, plenty of Obama supporters also voted for Trump. And plenty of Republicans abhor Trump and all he stands for.

Trump said he'd bring the American people together like they've never been brought together before. (President-elect Trump vows to bring nation 'together as never before'). Seems like that's exactly what he's doing: the majority of Americans hold an unfavourable view of him and disapprove of him and how he's running things - 56% disapprove, only 38% approve, and the gap has been widening since Jan 20. Source: Gallup Daily: Trump Job Approval That's the lowest approval rating ever for a President only one month in.

Trump could be the best thing to happen to the Democrats since the Nixon debacle.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post