Do Trumpists Realize Trump Has Accomplished NOTHING So Far?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
17-02-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: Do Trumpists Realize Trump Has Accomplished NOTHING So Far?
(17-02-2017 02:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-02-2017 01:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  Are you serious?
Obama didn't accomplish anything in 8 years.

My retirement account more than doubled.

My income has drastically increased under Obama. The value of my house and property has risen under his administration. I've gained a whole other car. Unemployment is down. The economy is better. Man, the list goes on.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
17-02-2017, 02:20 PM
(17-02-2017 01:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  Are you serious?
Obama didn't accomplish anything in 8 years.
Are you serious? Were you really living under a rock for that long?

(17-02-2017 01:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  Give this man some time.
I agree he will accomplish a huge amount with time.
And none of it good... Dodgy

(17-02-2017 01:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  Wait, Obama accomplished a few thing:
We are more divided now than 8 years ago.
Top Republicans refused to work with Obama AT ALL for the past 8 years. Nothing says "division" in politics like perpetual "no"s. In truth, there are many factors involved in the division, but Obama isn't even a primary one and the Republicans during his terms are far more responsible.

(17-02-2017 01:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  We are in debt almost $20 trillion. As Obama said 8 years ago about Bush: "it is un-patriotic, it is un-American".
Under GW Bush, the debt rose 86.3%. Under Obama, it rose 87%. So there isn't much difference. Much of the increases were from interest and, because of Bush's huge debt increase, much more of it was from interest for Obama than for Bush. For Obama, some of the rest of the increase was necessary to get people back to work and he did a great job (dropped the unemployment rate from 7.8% to 4.7%). Some was also due to tax cuts - funny how the same people who complain about the debt don't want to give back their tax decreases.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
17-02-2017, 02:20 PM
(17-02-2017 01:15 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Or it is simply claiming that Poland has biggest moral/metaphorical dick as it has most moral victories* of all known countries.

Bingo. That's what it's all about. Being superior because of belonging to group x, y or z. The nature of the dick varries, in Poland it's also spiced up with religion, but it's always a national dick of some kind. Big and superior.
17-02-2017, 02:27 PM
(17-02-2017 02:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My retirement account more than doubled.
My investments too. I invested some money just before GW Bush took office. Then I watched as it sunk to about 60% of its original value, by the time he left. Never once did it get back to its original value or even close his entire 8 years. When Obama left, it was more than double its original value which is more than 300% of what it was when Bush left.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
17-02-2017, 02:29 PM
(17-02-2017 02:27 PM)Impulse Wrote:  When Obama left, it was more than double its original value which is more than 300% of what it was when Bush left.

Well, if there's any time to bail out it's right frigging now, I would say.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
17-02-2017, 02:30 PM
(17-02-2017 02:20 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(17-02-2017 01:15 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Or it is simply claiming that Poland has biggest moral/metaphorical dick as it has most moral victories* of all known countries.

Bingo. That's what it's all about. Being superior because of belonging to group x, y or z. The nature of the dick varries, in Poland it's also spiced up with religion, but it's always a national dick of some kind. Big and superior.

I think it is more about having a soul in soulless world, otherwise it wouldn't be failures that would be commemorated.

Poland nationalism has specific flavor I feel - bigger the dick that penetrated you was biggest hero you are. Ordinary nationalism exists too but noble sufferers are on top judging by "cursed soldiers" popularity.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
17-02-2017, 02:33 PM
(17-02-2017 02:30 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Poland nationalism has specific flavor I feel - bigger the dick that penetrated you was biggest hero you are. Ordinary nationalism exists too but noble sufferers are on top judging by "cursed soldiers" popularity.

There can be superiority in the feeling of suffering. Especially if it's heavily laced with religion. As it is in Poland, far as I see it.
17-02-2017, 02:39 PM
(17-02-2017 02:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-02-2017 12:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Hi there GooseStepper,

It's almost like they want their user names to be ridiculed.

I know.

Thing is, I think our approach here is unproductive.

There are people who support Trump out of ignorance, like Alla;
There are people who wanted Trump to win out of compassion, like me; and
There are people who heil hail Trump because they have been infected by the 'libtard' trope, like LDH, Gilgamesh and our new friend, GooseStepper.

Equality-authoritarians are indeed a danger to society if they get some power but some have somehow been persuaded that the solution to this real risk is the Alt_Right (the authoritarian libertarians / fascists).

They've been infected by a meme and we should be offering them a shoulder to cry on and some therapy.

(17-02-2017 02:20 PM)Impulse Wrote:  ...
(17-02-2017 01:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  We are in debt almost $20 trillion. As Obama said 8 years ago about Bush: "it is un-patriotic, it is un-American".
Under GW Bush, the debt rose 86.3%. Under Obama, it rose 87%. So there isn't much difference. Much of the increases were from interest and, because of Bush's huge debt increase, much more of it was from interest for Obama than for Bush. For Obama, some of the rest of the increase was necessary to get people back to work and he did a great job (dropped the unemployment rate from 7.8% to 4.7%). Some was also due to tax cuts - funny how the same people who complain about the debt don't want to give back their tax decreases.

Hi guys,
Either way, debt is not the problem for the US. Revenue is the problem.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
17-02-2017, 02:41 PM
(17-02-2017 02:33 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(17-02-2017 02:30 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Poland nationalism has specific flavor I feel - bigger the dick that penetrated you was biggest hero you are. Ordinary nationalism exists too but noble sufferers are on top judging by "cursed soldiers" popularity.

There can be superiority in the feeling of suffering. Especially if it's heavily laced with religion. As it is in Poland, far as I see it.

Obviously. It's why I wrote about noble sufferers.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
17-02-2017, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2017 03:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(17-02-2017 02:39 PM)DLJ Wrote:  There are people who wanted Trump to win out of compassion, like me; and

It really is time we just put this lame horse of capitalism out of its misery. Who better to do it than the prototypical Jungian capitalist.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post