Do You Ever Pray?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2012, 06:29 PM
RE: Do You Ever Pray?
In times of extreme stress I find myself unconsciously asking dog for help.... I think only because its been brainwashed into me when deep down my views on institutionalised religion is dog is simply a middle man to the internal dialect that stark quite wisely summed up.

You know me by now guys.... my mind is that open minded my brain fell out and legged it a long time ago.... but I think that your thoughts and intentions do shape YOUR universe around you and also affect you (dare I say it...spiritually) so whilst I dont believe in a dog.... I also dont believe in a lot of "new age" mumbo jumbo yet I agree with Aurora and through my own personal experiences meditating (briefly experiencing infinity which I couldnt even describe in infinite lifetimes) I have to say I do think there are things beyond this small part of visible light that we see and call reality.

Caus of my depression my thoughts are now that I am god (not in an ego way.... just the removal of the middleman I mentioned above) so I communicate with myself now....directly.... Only I can bring myself peace and only I can truely judge my own actions.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
24-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Shit. Now I'm gonna sound argumentative, when really I just want to clarify. Oh well, you guys knowme well enough.....

I'm not hoping there's someone to hear me. I'm hoping the person gets better/happier/whatever. It's kind of like purging. It helps me get in a positive frame of mind to improve my efficacy should the opportunity for me to help arise. It's similar to crying for me. Once in a while, I go out to the woods to cry. With the exception of my daughter and my wife, I haven't cried in front of anyone since I was seven. It's a personal and private way for me to purge thoughts and gain clarity, just like internal dialogue.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
24-09-2012, 06:37 PM
I know it's hard for a lot of people to accept.

But wishing doesn't make it so.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
24-09-2012, 06:48 PM
(24-09-2012 06:35 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Shit. Now I'm gonna sound argumentative, when really I just want to clarify. Oh well, you guys knowme well enough.....

Dammit Stark, stop being mean! Weeping

Stark Raving Wrote:I'm not hoping there's someone to hear me. I'm hoping the person gets better/happier/whatever. It's kind of like purging. It helps me get in a positive frame of mind to improve my efficacy should the opportunity for me to help arise. It's similar to crying for me. Once in a while, I go out to the woods to cry. With the exception of my daughter and my wife, I haven't cried in front of anyone since I was seven. It's a personal and private way for me to purge thoughts and gain clarity, just like internal dialogue.

That's where we differ. I just do it on the trillion to one chance that there is something out there to hear me, a tiny chance kinda beats the zero chance that comes with not doing anything for me.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
24-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Yeah for me I think it's just be trying to pretend I have things covered even for when I'm not around. I have an over protective father thing.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Do I every pray?

....... NO.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
24-09-2012, 07:47 PM
Sometimes I do "pray", specially when things get rough and I can't stand it I give in to the habit of asking, not to god, just asking to the ether, strongly wishing that things get better... But I guess it's just a way to hold on or to vent the frustration. I don't believe that something will answer my wishes, is more like hitting a wall when you're really angry Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
24-09-2012, 07:52 PM
(24-09-2012 05:36 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I don't pray, but I often hope. I hope for things to work out. I hope that loved ones are well. All kinds of stuff to hope for. For me though, that's just internal dialogue. Praying would be addressing it to someone, with an expectation that it could affect the outcome. I have no such expectation.

What he said. Thumbsup

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-09-2012, 08:52 PM
I used to catch myself starting to pray as I was coming out of religion, but I always caught myself before I really got going. I haven't prayed because I wanted to in almost 2 years now.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Near's post
24-09-2012, 09:24 PM
(24-09-2012 07:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-09-2012 05:36 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I don't pray, but I often hope. I hope for things to work out. I hope that loved ones are well. All kinds of stuff to hope for. For me though, that's just internal dialogue. Praying would be addressing it to someone, with an expectation that it could affect the outcome. I have no such expectation.

What he said. Thumbsup

What s/he said he said. Thumbsup Thumbsup

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post