RE: Do You Follow The Holocaust Cult?
You get bullied because you're a dipshit. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
17-10-2015, 07:22 AM
(17-10-2015 07:07 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  So, what is the view here?

Is it that 6 million died? Or is it that some died but we don't know how many?

Or is that the sort of question one is not "allowed" to ask people who are claiming to be "thinking" individuals?

Or, is it the case that this is such a PC issue that everyone is expected to close ranks and bully anyone who even brings the subject up?

You're asking, is a question that is literally asked dozens of times on here, in an open NECRO thread that you're bringing back showing that clearly, threads like this openly exist, not being shut down. And there are plenty long or short ones in this forum section.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
17-10-2015, 08:54 AM
-----
Or, is it the case that this is such a PC issue that everyone is expected to close ranks and bully anyone who even brings the subject up?

Hmm, me thinks you might protest a bit much ... and a tad late for this thread. If you wish to discuss something about the subject of concentration camps and the systematic extermination of a particular culture of people, please do.

Feel free to make a new thread since this thread was started by a neo-nazi with an agenda to spread. He's dead now ... at least in this community. Factual evidence and an informed understanding of humanity helped him to implode.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
17-10-2015, 09:20 AM
I'm not trying to start anything. I don't know who the OP was and it's not a topic I find at all tasteful.

I don't understand why some people feel the need to bring it up but equally, I don't see a problem with discussing it. Some topics are difficult for all kinds of reasons but nothing should be off limits. If we didn't have people through the ages who have taken this view, ie., that everything should be open to discussion, we wouldn't be able to post in an atheist forum.
17-10-2015, 12:17 PM
(17-10-2015 09:20 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I don't understand why some people feel the need to bring it up but equally, I don't see a problem with discussing it. Some topics are difficult for all kinds of reasons but nothing should be off limits. If we didn't have people through the ages who have taken this view, ie., that everything should be open to discussion, we wouldn't be able to post in an atheist forum.

This, I agree with.

Or is that the sort of question one is not "allowed" to ask people who are claiming to be "thinking" individuals?

This smacks of accusatory denialism.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
18-10-2015, 02:44 AM
(17-10-2015 12:17 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 09:20 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I don't understand why some people feel the need to bring it up but equally, I don't see a problem with discussing it. Some topics are difficult for all kinds of reasons but nothing should be off limits. If we didn't have people through the ages who have taken this view, ie., that everything should be open to discussion, we wouldn't be able to post in an atheist forum.

This, I agree with.

This smacks of accusatory denialism.

...or even, maybe something worse like "intellectual curiosity".
18-10-2015, 03:36 AM
With all due respect, DB, what I see in this thread (before it died, mercifully) was that people presented evidence to counter the agenda of a Holocaust denier. Just because emotions are involved when a person makes a truly egregious suggestion does not meant that the evidence presented alongside it is invalid.

There are a few things that will make me teeth-grindingly angry. One is Holocaust denialism, because I know its roots and the usual motive behind people who bring this up, behind the guise of "I'm just trying to be open-minded and question these facts reasonably" bullshit, which you (I hope inadvertently) just echoed. This does not bode well for your social acceptance here, I'm afraid. It's not a matter of intellectual honesty or dishonesty on our parts, it's a matter of finding the concept of fascism, and anyone who would make apologies for this mindset, so repugnant that we are willing to tell someone to fuck off rather than sit and address each repugnant point they try to make in their "oh-so-reasonable tone".

I equate people of that sort with NAMBLA, who "oh-so-reasonably" try to establish a case for the arbitrary nature of the age of majority and the prohibitions against sex with children. We don't need to listen to every point and make scientific refutations of such people, simply to pay homage to some concept of "open-mindedness" and liberality, though people like that are all-too-willing to exploit what they perceive to be weakness in the open-minded intellectual's moral reasoning.

Similarly, we get a lot of Christians who come here with poor information about and terrible misunderstanding of science and/or history, and who tell us that the reason we won't go through and refute every point they make (as opposed to tackling the first couple of egregious errors and then ignoring the other eighteen bullet points, having established that they don't know WTF they're talking about) is because we're not willing to stick to our principles of open-mindedness.

All of these approaches share a common rhetoric, and if you're going to start adopting that rhetoric to suggest that our open-mindedness means we must deal with the intellectually bankrupt or the morally repugnant types who come here with the sole intent of peddling their bullshit, then we're likely to swipe that same paintbrush we apply to the NAMBLA-Nazi-Creationists right across your face.

Just the way it is, bub.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 9 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
18-10-2015, 04:27 AM
Bucky resurrected this stupid thread???

For shame Bucky for shame.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-10-2015, 04:55 AM
(18-10-2015 04:27 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Bucky resurrected this stupid thread???

Nor Bucky. DLJ pointed Aliza here. So it was them two. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
18-10-2015, 05:19 AM
(18-10-2015 04:55 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(18-10-2015 04:27 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Bucky resurrected this stupid thread???

Nor Bucky. DLJ pointed Aliza here. So it was them two. Tongue

Snitch.

Dodgy

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post