No, I'm an atheist but I don't try to change people's beliefs
No, I'm a theist but I don't try to change people's beliefs
[Show Results]

Do You Try To Convert People?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-05-2016, 11:44 AM
RE: Do You Try To Convert People?
(18-05-2016 09:39 PM)Alla Wrote:  [...]Catholics worship Christ but it is not enough to enter Kingdom of God.

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by this? One can either worship Christ, or not worship Christ. Are you claiming that there's "degrees" of worship and/or "belief"? Or are there multiple kingdoms of the same God?

I also thought that any or all sinners could enter heaven as long as they repented their sins. I've been told by other Christians that their god will even accept murderers and paedophiles into his heaven if they repent. But you're now saying God is discriminatory; is that correct?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2016, 12:48 PM
The way I understand it, Catholics believe that deeds must be part of the equation as well.
20-05-2016, 01:51 PM
I'd like to be able to convert people.......

There's more than a few assholes I'd like to convert into decent human beings..................

I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
21-05-2016, 10:17 AM
No, I'm not a psychopath.

... at least, I don't think that I am.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
21-05-2016, 01:41 PM
(20-05-2016 01:51 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'd like to be able to convert people.......

There's more than a few assholes I'd like to convert into decent human beings..................

I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen.....

But you are not able to convert assholes into decent human beings.
Only an asshole can convert himself/herself in to decent human being ONLY IF he /she has a desire to be a better person.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
21-05-2016, 01:44 PM
(20-05-2016 11:44 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 09:39 PM)Alla Wrote:  [...]Catholics worship Christ but it is not enough to enter Kingdom of God.

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by this? One can either worship Christ, or not worship Christ. Are you claiming that there's "degrees" of worship and/or "belief"? Or are there multiple kingdoms of the same God?

I also thought that any or all sinners could enter heaven as long as they repented their sins. I've been told by other Christians that their god will even accept murderers and paedophiles into his heaven if they repent. But you're now saying God is discriminatory; is that correct?
Someone has to worship Christ in a way Christ WANTS it, not in a way someone wants it.
Catholics do not have revelations from Christ for about 2000 years. They don't know what He wants. They have few ideas, they found those ideas in the Bible but that is NOT enough.

21-05-2016, 01:47 PM
SYZ Wrote:I also thought that any or all sinners could enter heaven as long as they repented their sins. I've been told by other Christians that their god will even accept murderers and paedophiles into his heaven if they repent. But you're now saying God is discriminatory; is that correct
No, God is not discriminatory. He will forgive ANY person(theist and atheist) who sincerely repents of evil doing. But this is not enough to enter Kingdom of Heaven.
Someone has to be born again also. Jesus sais that no person will enter Kingdom of God if he/she is not born of water and Spirit. Christ was talking about baptism by water and by the Holy Ghost.

21-05-2016, 02:16 PM
I do but not in any explici way. I think of it as a really long process and only one that can be done with close friends (the kinds you can actually have deep conversations with)

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
21-05-2016, 03:33 PM
I got other shit to do with my time.

But if confronted I won't lie or back down.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
21-05-2016, 03:41 PM
I try to discredit bad ideas, or even make a mockery of some. But I don't go out of my way to de-convert anyone.

I have been trying learn about people that have been effected by Stockholm syndrome or that have escaped suicide cults to see what method psychiatrist use to break free people that have been victims of brain washing.

I have started taking a great interest in street escapology even thou I don't see myself going around and just striking up conversations with random people. I would like to use it on people that are close to me so that possible I can get threw to them. That my atheism stand isn't something that they should be upset or angry about.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin