Do You Wear Contacts?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2017, 12:12 PM
Do You Wear Contacts?
I wear contacts and I am not really liking the brand I use which is Acuvue 1-Day Moist. After wearing them for a bit, my eyes are anything but moist. My eyes just get really dry toward the end of the day. I do wear a pair of Lisa Loeb nerd glasses on occassion (mostly at night watching a movie or in the early am when I'm just waking up.) I'm very active though, so glasses all day long aren't really an option for me. And I am still considering lasik as an option, but until then, I need to find some better contacts.

If you wear contacts, what brand do you use? And do you like them?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2017, 12:27 PM
RE: Do You Wear Contacts?
(03-10-2017 12:12 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I wear contacts and I am not really liking the brand I use which is Acuvue 1-Day Moist. After wearing them for a bit, my eyes are anything but moist. My eyes just get really dry toward the end of the day. I do wear a pair of Lisa Loeb nerd glasses on occassion (mostly at night watching a movie or in the early am when I'm just waking up.) I'm very active though, so glasses all day long aren't really an option for me. And I am still considering lasik as an option, but until then, I need to find some better contacts.

Screw contacts, get your eyes fixed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
03-10-2017, 12:29 PM
Don't you eat a lot of carrots? How do you not have super vision by now lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
03-10-2017, 12:30 PM
(03-10-2017 12:27 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 12:12 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I wear contacts and I am not really liking the brand I use which is Acuvue 1-Day Moist. After wearing them for a bit, my eyes are anything but moist. My eyes just get really dry toward the end of the day. I do wear a pair of Lisa Loeb nerd glasses on occassion (mostly at night watching a movie or in the early am when I'm just waking up.) I'm very active though, so glasses all day long aren't really an option for me. And I am still considering lasik as an option, but until then, I need to find some better contacts.

Screw contacts, get your eyes fixed.

I've been seriously thinking about it. Just a bit scared of procedure because it does involve your vision and if anything gets screwed up, just makes me nervous.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
03-10-2017, 12:31 PM
(03-10-2017 12:29 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Don't you eat a lot of carrots? How do you not have super vision by now lol

You would think Laugh out load

03-10-2017, 01:04 PM
(03-10-2017 12:30 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 12:27 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Screw contacts, get your eyes fixed.

I've been seriously thinking about it. Just a bit scared of procedure because it does involve your vision and if anything gets screwed up, just makes me nervous.

I didn't have Lasik, I had cataracts. More invasive than Lasik. Left eye went fine. I'm heading for my fifth operation on my right eye this Friday. I have a genetic thing that they couldn't predict.

The crazy part, for me anyway, is that they're operating on my freaking eye and I'm not at all worried about it. Even twenty years ago it would have been "No fuckin' way, man!" They've made so much progress in the last few decades that I'm just waiting for them to offer eyeball transplants instead of glasses. Drinking Beverage

Oh, and I'm one of three cases for the condition I mentioned above in the US, ever. A classroom full of students will watch the next procedure live. I'm going to be a test question. Tongue
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
03-10-2017, 01:43 PM
I do. But mine are rigid. Just like me Rolleyes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
03-10-2017, 01:48 PM
No, I don't wear propellers.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...555AAdfbKj

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
03-10-2017, 02:05 PM
My husband has a plastic lens that was placed in his eye. They removed his natural lens and put in a silicone lens...I think it was made out of silicone.

When he was a kid he was unstringing a bow and the bow rebounded and hit him in his left eye. It caused damage which finally caught up with him in his 40's when he started seeing double in the one eye, then triple images.

What's amazing to me is that they cut his eyeball and pulled out his lens then put the plastic one in. Now he has super-duper eyesight in the artifical lens eye. It's much better than his natural lens. I'm stupified that the eyeball can repair itself after being cut open like that. That's amazing.

Many people, as they get older, have up close vision problems and have to use readers so they're wearing glasses anyway. How dies lasik work when the eye changes and people need upclose reading glasses.

Speaking of which......

My mother needed reading glasses. She would lose track of them and go on a mad search around the house looking for her glasses. She finally got so fed up she went out and bought about 5 pairs and tried to keep a pair in every room, but even so, there were many times I saw her furiously looking for her glasses........and often they'd be propped up in the top of her head. Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
03-10-2017, 02:13 PM
(03-10-2017 01:43 PM)Vera Wrote:  I do. But mine are rigid. Just like me Rolleyes

I wore Acuvue soft contacts daily for around a decade when I was younger. Never had any issues with them, even after 16 to 20 hours use. I gave up on them when I developed severe astigmatism, and back then they hadn't yet developed the current anti-astig lenses.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post