Do aliens exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2014, 12:47 PM
RE: Do aliens exist?
Inductive reasoning would lead us to believe that aliens do. We understand enough of the fundamentals of the universe to see that there are other galaxies. These other galaxies are just like our beloved milky way. We also see that within our beloved milky way, other stars have satellites (things that orbit). Pretty much ALL of them.

Now we have noticed that where there is water there generally is life. We have water on this planet because we are in the goldie locks zone of our sun. Not too close otherwise it would be too hot and not too far otherwise it would be too cold. All the water would evaporate or freeze respectively. I'd say this is why we have life. What I mean is that these are the conditions necessary for life so far.

So it is conceivable that there are other places like this even in our milky way. There are also other places like this in other galaxies like Andromeda.

The question of intelligent life is another story. I don't think we know the ingredients of intelligent life. So while there may be other creatures at least as smart as us, we cannot determine that with any reasonable explanation.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2014, 01:04 PM
(19-02-2014 12:47 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  Inductive reasoning would lead us to believe that aliens do. We understand enough of the fundamentals of the universe to see that there are other galaxies. These other galaxies are just like our beloved milky way. We also see that within our beloved milky way, other stars have satellites (things that orbit). Pretty much ALL of them.

Now we have noticed that where there is water there generally is life. We have water on this planet because we are in the goldie locks zone of our sun. Not too close otherwise it would be too hot and not too far otherwise it would be too cold. All the water would evaporate or freeze respectively. I'd say this is why we have life. What I mean is that these are the conditions necessary for life so far.

So it is conceivable that there are other places like this even in our milky way. There are also other places like this in other galaxies like Andromeda.

The question of intelligent life is another story. I don't think we know the ingredients of intelligent life. So while there may be other creatures at least as smart as us, we cannot determine that with any reasonable explanation.

The sheer Size of the universe suggests that it is far more likely that there is life on other planets but it is that same size that means we will probably never come in contact with them. The linked vid was total BS however.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
19-02-2014, 01:51 PM
(19-02-2014 07:51 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 07:45 AM)jockmcdock Wrote:  Richard Dolan is the guy doing the inteview, not the old fella. Dolan appears to a well known UFOlogist.

To answer the question about aliens: I rate the chance as being pretty high. Have they come to earth and do they walk amongst us? No evidence of that. But maybe I'm not wearing the right sunglasses (movie reference).

As someone who changed my major to become an Ancient Astronaut Theorist, I will be attending a seminar/conference on this subject soon. I'll report back on the findings. Weeping

And you'll be a darn good one. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-02-2014, 08:18 PM

Everyday is judgement day. Use your judgement, use reason.
21-02-2014, 01:06 PM
I think there is a high probabilty other evolved life forms exist in the universe somewhere and a low probability we have ever crossed paths.
21-02-2014, 01:31 PM
More than likely aliens exist, but that dude is senile. Do I think they'll ever establish contact not in this lifetime.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-02-2014, 07:55 PM
I wonder if there are other species on another planet wondering the same thing.
22-02-2014, 10:27 AM
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/space/8-8...8C11529186

'Astronomers using NASA data have calculated for the first time that in our galaxy alone, there are at least 8.8 billion stars with Earth-size planets in the habitable temperature zone. For the first time, scientists calculated — not estimated — what percent of stars that are just like our sun have planets similar to Earth: 22 percent, with a margin of error of plus or minus 8 percentage points.'