Do aliens needs to be baptized?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2014, 01:50 PM
RE: Do aliens needs to be baptized?
(29-05-2014 12:39 PM)sanmayl Wrote:  hey have 0 chance to get baptized by any earth-based religious figure, hence they have Adam & Eve's original scene?

Did you mean original sin?

Given that they weren't born here on earth, they wouldn't have descended from Eve and wouldn't have original sin. Thus, they'd have no reason to need to accept Jesus Christ as their lord and savior. For whatever reason, Christians seem to assume that original sin is a dominant hereditary trait. I'm curious if we can isolate the gene...

Now, this is assuming the aliens didn't fuck up on their home planet and eat the wrong space apples, or something. For all we know, they broke some arbitrary rule, and are suffering there, too. If so, I'd be interested to know why YHWH keeps giving his creations the same test and expecting a different result. There's a word for that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
29-05-2014, 01:51 PM
(29-05-2014 01:47 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  The question is as silly as asking whether Jesus had to wear an oxygen tank in the Stratosphere at his ascension and whether he is bothered by the loss of privacy he's lost since the Edward Snowden revelations and the International Space Station.

Vlad Putin will not issue a Russian Visa to Jesus, hence Ed is safe until he dies. But he has an easy way out of it, he can blackmail God with the info he holds in his hard drive.
29-05-2014, 02:29 PM
I'm sure you've heard the argument made by Hitchens about humans being here for 100000 years and heaven intervening after 98000.
Well that's how long it took for god to save his other projects.
At this very moment god is walking around on some alien planet curing the blind and raising the dead.
29-05-2014, 02:34 PM
(29-05-2014 02:29 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I'm sure you've heard the argument made by Hitchens about humans being here for 100000 years and heaven intervening after 98000.
At this very moment god is walking around on some alien planet curing the blind and raising the dead.

How dare the aliens get an audience with God? While another tens of thousands of people will die today of starvation, and more batches will come as days marches. Maybe their offer is better than humans do (hightech gadget for God perhaps), humans offer burned offerings before (monetary donations today).
29-05-2014, 02:38 PM
(29-05-2014 02:29 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I'm sure you've heard the argument made by Hitchens about humans being here for 100000 years and heaven intervening after 98000.

I think you got wrong number. According to the Vatican, the timeline when the books of the bible are written is from 2000BC to 200AD.Tongue

But still, the fundamental questions is intelligent life existing probably outside the solar system is true. It is very plausible according to the findings of Kepler telescope about the number of exo-planets discovered weekly.
29-05-2014, 02:44 PM
I suggest you ask this on a Christian forum. You will, I'm sure, get a warm welcome. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-05-2014, 02:45 PM
(29-05-2014 02:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  I suggest you ask this on a Christian forum. You will, I'm sure, get a warm welcome. Yes

I'm sick of hearing the contents of their holy book as a proof of their argument.

I sure, if the bible is used as evidence in a court of law - whoever uses it will not win a case.
29-05-2014, 02:58 PM
No. There was no Adam and Eve. There is no such place as Hell and if their are aliens out their they don't need to be baptized just like we don't need to be. They probably have their own religion and if they come here then they will probably force us to convert to theirs.

Just kidding about that last part.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
29-05-2014, 03:05 PM
(29-05-2014 02:58 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  if they come here then they will probably force us to convert to theirs.

Just kidding about that last part.

I wonder what will the Theist will do then in reaction to that....lol
29-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Well I'm certainly in favor of sending millions of Christians to other planets as "missionaries"...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user