Do aliens needs to be baptized?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2014, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2014 03:15 PM by Alex_Leonardo.)
RE: Do aliens needs to be baptized?
If contact: true
If power: us > aliens
Then conversion: true

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2014, 03:14 PM
(29-05-2014 03:08 PM)Sam Wrote:  Well I'm certainly in favor of sending millions of Christians to other planets as "missionaries"...

Well their missionaries cannot just pray to get there, they have to fund the very scientists that they rebut. For the latter to develop new rocket technology to transport them there on a reasonable scale within the human lifetime. I see no problem here, churches have so much $$$ generated, as they don't pay taxes.
29-05-2014, 03:34 PM
(29-05-2014 02:38 PM)sanmayl Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 02:29 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I'm sure you've heard the argument made by Hitchens about humans being here for 100000 years and heaven intervening after 98000.
Well that's how long it took for god to save his other projects.
At this very moment god is walking around on some alien planet curing the blind and raising the dead.

I think you got wrong number. According to the Vatican, the timeline when the books of the bible are written is from 2000BC to 200AD.Tongue

But still, the fundamental questions is intelligent life existing probably outside the solar system is true. It is very plausible according to the findings of Kepler telescope about the number of exo-planets discovered weekly.

??? I'm lost..
29-05-2014, 03:42 PM
(29-05-2014 03:34 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 02:38 PM)sanmayl Wrote:  I think you got wrong number. According to the Vatican, the timeline when the books of the bible are written is from 2000BC to 200AD.Tongue

But still, the fundamental questions is intelligent life existing probably outside the solar system is true. It is very plausible according to the findings of Kepler telescope about the number of exo-planets discovered weekly.

??? I'm lost..

What I meant was are the Australopithecus, Neanderthal, Homo Erectus, Homo Habilis aren't humans?? Do they have souls as well that needed saving?
29-05-2014, 03:45 PM
(29-05-2014 12:39 PM)sanmayl Wrote:  Again, another idea. When Kepler Space Telescope was still operational above Earth's atmosphere - it gathered huge amounts of data that requires thousands of scientists to check manually and verify.

For the last two years, through analysis of the Kepler data - scientists discovers a new planet every week. Tens of new planets every week.

Now that is fact which nobody can refute at all. Discovering new planets every week is no longer big news - the media is bored with it already.

There is a good probability that intelligent life exists on some of those planets. Now this is where the problem occurs. When those intelligent life dies naturally on their planet, are they going to go to hell?? They have 0 chance to get baptized by any earth-based religious figure, hence they have Adam & Eve's original scene?

I welcome everyones input on this. Thanks.

Of course not.

You remember when Jesus went rocketing off into space?

Well he ascended up to take a new form and re-do the process all over again on different planets.

... and yet he never could be bothered to appear to the Chinese or directly to the Romans or Greeks...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-05-2014, 05:02 PM
(29-05-2014 03:05 PM)sanmayl Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 02:58 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  if they come here then they will probably force us to convert to theirs.

Just kidding about that last part.

I wonder what will the Theist will do then in reaction to that....lol

After they torture them and burn them with hot irons and put them on the rack, they will repent and convert just like in the middle ages.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
29-05-2014, 05:02 PM
(29-05-2014 01:07 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 12:39 PM)sanmayl Wrote:  When those intelligent life dies naturally on their planet, are they going to go to hell??

Everybody's going to hell. Didn't you read that book? Tongue

#sigh
29-05-2014, 08:46 PM
I've often pondered the event in which aliens do finally visit Earth, while contemplating the nature of how I believe many fundamentalist Christians would react; most likely with hysteria.

Fundamentalists would most likely view a separate intelligent species as demons (or maybe even angels), and thus, this encounter would not end well.

Those above would think of those below as fetal, petty, and, most of all, scared.

I've also wondered what would happen if the aliens looked exactly like humans, in which case I would seriously consider my atheistic beliefs.
[+] 1 user Likes UndercoverAtheist's post
29-05-2014, 11:44 PM
(29-05-2014 12:43 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  You silly person. There are no aliens. God made all those billions of planets so that our sky would be pretty. If they had life, he wouldn't be able to focus on us and help us find our car keys. Yes

Yeah, totally man. If its not in the bible and noah did not put it in his ark. It obviously does not exist OR is something we are forbidden to know about.

He made 10x890^387504824849219 Stars and planets in the Multiverse and we are the only species that exists that can think or have emotions or make any kind of a decision what so ever.

The bible tells us so!

So aliens don't exist

*sarcasm the whole way*

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
30-05-2014, 12:04 AM
(29-05-2014 12:43 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  ... he wouldn't be able to focus on us and help us find our car keys ...

Evangelists would treble their conversion stats by pointing this out; it is by far the best and most convincing reason to believe in a god yet put forth. It's a damn miracle every time I finally manage to locate mine!