Do any lives matter?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2015, 07:13 AM
RE: Do any lives matter?
(12-09-2015 06:31 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 06:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Point of order, Mr Speaker... What's an amber alert?

Child Abduction Alert.

And I've never had one go off on my phone, I didn't know it was even a thing until last month it went off on my sisters phone. I never had a main service type of smartphone of the type they go to.

Thanks. I didn't know that was a thing. I approve. Yes

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2015, 07:24 AM
To get to the point. The black lives matter movement is a bunch of disgusting bullshit carried on by the same people who oppose this new wave of fascist feminism.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
12-09-2015, 08:19 AM
Do any lives matter?

Subjectively, I think most lives matter (I'm leaving space for those who choose to waste it). Otherwise: why do we bother improving morality, quality of life, etcetera?

Certainly not in an objective view of our galaxy, let alone the entire cosmos. Besides the long history of geocentricism, & its implications, in humankind: Why is this an issue? Why do we have to matter?
12-09-2015, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2015 02:26 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-09-2015 07:49 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  Raising animals for slaughter, for example.

In a twisted, perverse sort of way that actually gives the animals we eat a purpose and meaning that they wouldn't have otherwise.

#sigh
12-09-2015, 03:34 PM
(12-09-2015 03:27 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 05:47 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The problem with a group demanding "equality" -- is that by recognizing the division and differences between any groups (real or imagined) you only give more ammo to the people who like the idea of division and wish to keep such divisions.

It's a Catch 22 situation.

What alternative do they have? The status quo?

Speak up, I say.

Not all problems have a "one stop solution". Some indeed, don't have a solution.

My guess? The ONLY thing that will change racial divides, is time -- that and a certain willingness on the part of all sides to decide they're done with racism -- of all stripes.

The biggest changes aren't new laws, protests, lawsuits or euphemistic language -- the biggest changes come from within.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-09-2015, 06:45 AM
Human lives matter to humans 'cause humans are humans. There's you're answer.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
20-06-2016, 02:08 PM
This thread belongs in Politics

(09-09-2015 02:06 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Well, I could say that we don't matter in the grand scheme of things, no matter what we do, we'll probably never have a truly lasting effect on the universe.

The climate change advocates suggest differently.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
20-06-2016, 02:14 PM
(20-06-2016 02:08 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  This thread belongs in Politics

(09-09-2015 02:06 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Well, I could say that we don't matter in the grand scheme of things, no matter what we do, we'll probably never have a truly lasting effect on the universe.

Nuh-uh! Climate change will, at worst, have a lasting effect on this planet -- for as long as the planet lasts (and that's not forever). It will have no effect whatsoever on the rest of the universe.
20-06-2016, 03:09 PM
(20-06-2016 02:14 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 02:08 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  This thread belongs in Politics

Nuh-uh! Climate change will, at worst, have a lasting effect on this planet -- for as long as the planet lasts (and that's not forever). It will have no effect whatsoever on the rest of the universe.

You assume that would be a problem for the earth, it wouldn't be, just the current animals on earth

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
20-06-2016, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2016 03:42 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
Quote:Deep down everything we do(jobs, families, vacations, having a nice house) are just distractions until we are no more.

It's more than just a mere "distraction". The majority of people want to find a deeper meaning in life than simply getting by through the monotonous routines of everyday existence. Some people do, in fact, do that through their jobs. Others do it through family. Others do it through leisure, which includes vacations. Some people even do it through what they own, which is undoubtedly a tricky business. People want to feel fulfilled in some way, and some things can allow them to do that. To say it's "just" a distraction misses the point that people want to feel fulfilled. I should add that I'm not saying people never distract themselves from the inevitability of death, I'm only saying that it's not the most important factor.