Do any of you post on Christian Forums?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2017, 09:14 AM
RE: Do any of you post on Christian Forums?
(28-09-2017 09:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-09-2017 09:08 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  ... I let him have it that he should never rejoice at the suffering of others and called him a sick fuck.

Brings a tear to Girly's eyes. :tear: You make me (errr, I mean Jesus) proud, Catholic.

Thanks Girly!

(29-09-2017 07:22 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  If ANYONE deserves a heaven, it's Hef.

He sure brought joy to many people! One of the other folks on that status was also remarking how certain she was that he was in Hell because he never accepted Jesus. I was like, "Pretty sure he did when he was raised Methodist, even if he was agnostic at the end."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2017, 09:15 AM
(28-09-2017 11:44 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-09-2017 11:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...
You know you're going to Hell, right? ... And it's not just because you're a Jew.

Blink

I deal bountifully with my servants
-- Psalm 119:17

I give more than I receive
-- Acts 20:35

I allow women to touch me to alleviate their suffering
-- Mark 5:26-29

I allow immoral harlots to wash my feet and through my words I take away the pain of their sins
-- Luke 7:37-38

My commune is based upon "no one claimed private ownership of any possessions [except for my laptop, some books and the girls' jewellery] but everything they owned was held in common"
-- Acts 4:32

And yet, I'm still going to hell? Ohmy

Okay, maybe it is just because you're a Jew then.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-09-2017, 04:22 PM
(29-09-2017 09:15 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-09-2017 11:44 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Blink

I deal bountifully with my servants
-- Psalm 119:17

I give more than I receive
-- Acts 20:35

I allow women to touch me to alleviate their suffering
-- Mark 5:26-29

I allow immoral harlots to wash my feet and through my words I take away the pain of their sins
-- Luke 7:37-38

My commune is based upon "no one claimed private ownership of any possessions [except for my laptop, some books and the girls' jewellery] but everything they owned was held in common"
-- Acts 4:32

And yet, I'm still going to hell? Ohmy

Okay, maybe it is just because you're a Jew then.

Hahaha! Laughat DLJ is going to hell for being a Jew!
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
29-09-2017, 04:30 PM
(29-09-2017 04:22 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(29-09-2017 09:15 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Okay, maybe it is just because you're a Jew then.

Hahaha! Laughat DLJ is going to hell for being a Jew!

Worst part is, he didn't even know it for like 40 years. Hardly seems fair.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-09-2017, 04:46 PM
(29-09-2017 04:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-09-2017 04:22 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Hahaha! Laughat DLJ is going to hell for being a Jew!

Worst part is, he didn't even know it for like 40 years. Hardly seems fair.

A good friend of mine recently found out about his Jewish heritage. It seems that his grandfather left Eastern Europe after the war and changed his name. When he arrived in Colombia he married a Catholic woman and practiced Catholicism never alluding to his childhood.

On his death bed he decided to come clean and tells his children and grandchildren he was Jewish and that he and their ancestors all come from a certain region of Latvia or Slovenia, I can’t remember for sure now.

That had to be an eye opener. Ohmy

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
29-09-2017, 04:49 PM
(29-09-2017 04:46 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(29-09-2017 04:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Worst part is, he didn't even know it for like 40 years. Hardly seems fair.

A good friend of mine recently found out about his Jewish heritage. It seems that his grandfather left Eastern Europe after the war and changed his name. When he arrived in Colombia he married a Catholic woman and practiced Catholicism never alluding to his childhood.

On his death bed he decided to come clean and tells his children and grandchildren he was Jewish and that he and their ancestors all come from a certain region of Latvia or Slovenia, I can’t remember for sure now.

They're okay because he married a good Catholic woman. You're only a Jew if your mother's a Jew, don't matter what your father is.

#sigh
29-09-2017, 05:05 PM
(29-09-2017 04:46 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(29-09-2017 04:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Worst part is, he didn't even know it for like 40 years. Hardly seems fair.

I dunno, FC. You ping my Jewdar a little. I've classified you (strictly for internal purposes) as a crypto-Jew.
29-09-2017, 06:35 PM
(29-09-2017 04:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're only a Jew if your mother's a Jew, don't matter what your father is.
Yep. My wife is technically a Jew despite being the offspring of two areligious cultural protestants simply because her Jewish stepmother adopted her as a child (my wife's birth mother died when my wife was quite young). My wife then used her newfound status to arrange to spend a year on a Kibbutz in Israel after she graduated from high school, and then traveled all over Europe with a wealthy boyfriend she met on the Kibbutz. This totally cracks me up because she is not culturally Jewish, but I think it made her more exotic and interesting to the guys on the Kibbutz. ;-)
29-09-2017, 06:43 PM
(29-09-2017 06:35 PM)mordant Wrote:  
(29-09-2017 04:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're only a Jew if your mother's a Jew, don't matter what your father is.
Yep. My wife is technically a Jew despite being the offspring of two areligious cultural protestants simply because her Jewish stepmother adopted her as a child (my wife's birth mother died when my wife was quite young). My wife then used her newfound status to arrange to spend a year on a Kibbutz in Israel after she graduated from high school, and then traveled all over Europe with a wealthy boyfriend she met on the Kibbutz. This totally cracks me up because she is not culturally Jewish, but I think it made her more exotic and interesting to the guys on the Kibbutz. ;-)

Judaism only goes through the birth mother, unless she was formally converted.
29-09-2017, 06:46 PM
(29-09-2017 06:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(29-09-2017 06:35 PM)mordant Wrote:  Yep. My wife is technically a Jew despite being the offspring of two areligious cultural protestants simply because her Jewish stepmother adopted her as a child (my wife's birth mother died when my wife was quite young). My wife then used her newfound status to arrange to spend a year on a Kibbutz in Israel after she graduated from high school, and then traveled all over Europe with a wealthy boyfriend she met on the Kibbutz. This totally cracks me up because she is not culturally Jewish, but I think it made her more exotic and interesting to the guys on the Kibbutz. ;-)

Judaism only goes through the birth mother, unless she was formally converted.
I do not think she went that route but it did open certain doors and allow some things to be possible. She wanted to have the Kibbutz experience. I do not know if they just assumed she was a convert or didn't care in that context.