Do any of you post on Christian Forums?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2017, 07:07 PM
RE: Do any of you post on Christian Forums?
Sometimes if I'm bored I will google "atheist christian debate chatroom" or something like that and just go in and shoot the shit.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
20-09-2017, 07:52 PM
(20-09-2017 02:26 PM)MrCrowley Wrote:  Catholics already have a persecution complex. Atheists feed into it.

They kind of ask for it ... they say they believe the most bizarre shit. Big Grin
That may be why being an ex-Catholic is a *thing*. 10% of Americans are ex-Catholics.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-09-2017, 10:24 PM
Saw this post on that forum.

Quote: Being a Christian in a atheist forum is like being a Jew in a nazi Concentration camp.. This scene from a good movie came to my mind when i was thinking about my time in an atheist forum.. (they actually posted a scene from Schindler's List here)

Yikes. The delusions are strong with this one.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 4 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
20-09-2017, 11:13 PM
(20-09-2017 02:02 PM)MrCrowley Wrote:  
(20-09-2017 12:31 PM)Loom Wrote:  Besides, very, very few Christian forums allow atheists to post freely. Many segregate you to specific sub-forums and others outright ban you.

Very true. The other more practical problem I've encountered in trying to utilize these forums is that Christian beliefs are so varied that you end up having at least 9,000 discussions at once with various people yelling at you that you're misrepresenting what they believe. It's tiring.

I can't remember where I came across this thread on Christian Forums but I bookmarked it. An atheist with the username of Dr Truth went on there and asked the Epicurean Paradox question:

1. god is omniscient
2. god is loving
3. god is merciful
4. hell exists
5. free will exists

Question:

Why would an omniscient, loving, merciful god create people knowing that they will, by their own free will, go to hell?

And the answers were funny. However, the OP (Dr. Truth) was respectful of the theists and their answers. The Christians danced all over the place trying to answer the question. I still think it's interesting to read because he kept them on topic and didn't let the conversation meander all over the place.

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/i...h.7686721/

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
21-09-2017, 03:04 AM
No... I'd rather stick toothpicks under my fingernails.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
21-09-2017, 03:24 AM
I made a post on one or two pro-religion forums, whilst doing some research on a project I'm working on, about what questions theists would have for Atheists, if they were given a bit of an "open mic" to ask real/serious questions they would want answers too, from a theism stand -point.

I was surprised to see a fair few atheists already present attempting to fight with these people, and wasn't surprised at some of the comments coming may way from theists, as well as the general lack of genuine questions that didn't involve a negative of some kind.

Not even a simple "so why don't you believe?". I swiftly gave up on that experiment.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
21-09-2017, 04:33 AM
No, I prefer to do less painful things with my time.

Like repeatedly crushing my cock and balls with the oven door.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
21-09-2017, 07:07 AM
(20-09-2017 10:24 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Saw this post on that forum.

Quote: Being a Christian in a atheist forum is like being a Jew in a nazi Concentration camp.. This scene from a good movie came to my mind when i was thinking about my time in an atheist forum.. (they actually posted a scene from Schindler's List here)

Yikes. The delusions are strong with this one.

I've seen some atheist forums where the predominantly atheist member base are complete asshats to theists. It's entirely possible the person visited one of these sites.

Of course, I've seen Christian forums that do the same thing, so, there's that.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
21-09-2017, 07:48 AM
The intentional ignorance does nothing but drive me nuttier than I am. I have to take long breaks from these fora periodically. It's gets pretty depressing at times.
[+] 1 user Likes kemo boy's post
21-09-2017, 12:08 PM
I don't post on specifically Christian forums, but I do post on sports forums that usually have a politics/other board and since the majority of Southern sports fans are Christian, any discussion about religion is always dominated by Christian apologists. One particular thread was from a guy who is a Christian who started the thread saying he doubts his faith, and it is quite the discussion. The agnostic/atheists of us in the site basically told him it was good to doubt but none of us really pushed him to accept that it's all bullshit; in turn many of the Christians who posted either gave him shit about doubting or they basically summed it up with "you can't understand, so just trust GAWD!"

Of course it led to some "witnessing" type posts, nothing I've never heard before. The highlights were one Christian proclaiming that "skepticism is stupid" and then went full William Lane Craig presupposition stating the reason we can even doubt is because GAWD and even asserted that math is proof of the mind of god (?) When pressed for proof he merely ignored it and went down the standard "No proof is ever good enough for atheists".

The other highlight was a small discussion about the book of Job, and it was pointed out by the skeptics how the book makes god look like a giant douche; this lead to a guy proclaiming how "arrogant" it was for us mere mortals to question the all powerful god on his incentives and that it didn't matter if god's actions made sense to us or not. Which is just another way of saying "It's cool when god does bad shit cuz he's GAWD!" He also claimed god did NOT allow Satan to mess up Job's life (even though it specifically says he did) because.....some shit about how the suffering was temporary and the bigger picture is bigger than Job's life and.....well basically a bunch of bullshit mental gymnastics that worse than I normally see.

The longer it gets since I was still going to church and fully indoctrinated, the more ridiculous it all sounds when I hear it through skeptic ears. Especially the story of Job; how anyone can read that story and NOT conclude god is a giant asshole is beyond me.
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post