Do any of you post on Christian Forums?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2017, 02:23 PM
RE: Do any of you post on Christian Forums?
(25-09-2017 02:04 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(25-09-2017 12:50 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Why do they do that? What are they afraid of that it has to be snuffed out like that?

One of the replies to my "why was the thread deleted" thread said that he was bothered because any seed that was planted is gone now, which is a very valid point from a theist's perspective. I replied that I agreed with him and that what could I possibly say that could have offended god or anything. I mean, I was just answering questions and asking some of my own. I learned something about the Eastern Orthodox theology that I didn't know before. Well, I am tempted to start a thread asking about the thread that was asking about the thread but I am pretty sure their version of Moms will slam me with the ban hammer if I do that. I guess I will have to wait to see what they say. Unless some of the guys on the forum PM the admins asking the same questions I am. There were a few guys who said they were sad and said they liked the conversation.

The conversation is a threat. One they cannot defend against. Rather than rise to the challenge, they run to their safe spaces.

Pathetic.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2017, 02:35 PM
(25-09-2017 02:23 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(25-09-2017 02:04 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  One of the replies to my "why was the thread deleted" thread said that he was bothered because any seed that was planted is gone now, which is a very valid point from a theist's perspective. I replied that I agreed with him and that what could I possibly say that could have offended god or anything. I mean, I was just answering questions and asking some of my own. I learned something about the Eastern Orthodox theology that I didn't know before. Well, I am tempted to start a thread asking about the thread that was asking about the thread but I am pretty sure their version of Moms will slam me with the ban hammer if I do that. I guess I will have to wait to see what they say. Unless some of the guys on the forum PM the admins asking the same questions I am. There were a few guys who said they were sad and said they liked the conversation.

The conversation is a threat. One they cannot defend against. Rather than rise to the challenge, they run to their safe spaces.

Pathetic.

Well, they haven't said whether they will delete that Ask an Atheist thread yet. Only that they are reviewing it. It was over 9 pages as of last Friday and I didn't look at it over the weekend. We'll see.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
25-09-2017, 07:36 PM
Hmm... I've posted some stuff on CF about Matthew misquoting the OT and haven't had any of my posts deleted or modified, nor have I been banned. It did take over 3 days before my post was vetted by a mod and released to the general public. Could be just a matter of time before I'm booted.
I wonder if I could start a Sunday School sort of thingy over there.
Talking about "their" forum and "their" mods and "their" version of Moms reminds me of Bizarro (to our Superman)
Doc
25-09-2017, 07:38 PM
(25-09-2017 07:36 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Hmm... I've posted some stuff on CF about Matthew misquoting the OT and haven't had any of my posts deleted or modified, nor have I been banned. It did take over 3 days before my post was vetted by a mod and released to the general public. Could be just a matter of time before I'm booted.
Talking about "their" forum and "their" mods and "their" version of Moms reminds me of Bizarro (to our Superman)
Doc

I’ve missed you Doc.

When are we going to have a class again?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
25-09-2017, 07:54 PM
(25-09-2017 07:38 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(25-09-2017 07:36 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Hmm... I've posted some stuff on CF about Matthew misquoting the OT and haven't had any of my posts deleted or modified, nor have I been banned. It did take over 3 days before my post was vetted by a mod and released to the general public. Could be just a matter of time before I'm booted.
Doc

I’ve missed you Doc.

When are we going to have a class again?

Hey, FC. Didn't want to jump the shark, if I haven't already.
Doc
25-09-2017, 08:02 PM
By all means jump the shark Doc.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
25-09-2017, 08:26 PM
Not yet. But when I retire and can put all this Hatch Act business behind, I'm fixing to go full Jesus on some of these hypocritical motherfuckers and smear 95 feces all over their fucking money-changing tables in the goddam temple and then make them lick it clean. Yes

#sigh
25-09-2017, 08:36 PM
(25-09-2017 08:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not yet. But when I retire and can put all this Hatch Act business behind, I'm fixing to go full Jesus on some of these hypocritical motherfuckers and smear 95 feces all over their fucking money-changing tables in the goddam temple and then make them lick it clean. Yes

But Hatching a plot like that could get you deleted (crossed out?).

They'll crucify you!

Tongue

[Image: cross-hatch-pattern.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
25-09-2017, 08:36 PM
(25-09-2017 08:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not yet. But when I retire and can put all this Hatch Act business behind, I'm fixing to go full Jesus on some of these hypocritical motherfuckers and smear 95 feces all over their fucking money-changing tables in the goddam temple and then make them lick it clean. Yes

Uuuuhhhhh.... did I miss something? Maybe some lead-up to this?
25-09-2017, 08:38 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2017 08:49 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-09-2017 08:36 PM)Aliza Wrote:  

Uuuuhhhhh.... did I miss something? Maybe some lead-up to this?

I was replying directly to the question in the thread title.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post