Do atheists fear oblivion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2017, 06:14 AM
RE: Do atheists fear oblivion?
(11-04-2017 06:12 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 06:05 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  I don't fear oblivion because theres no evidence for it. Prove there is nothing after death.

You made the claim.

You have to prove a soul exists during life.
You have to prove a soul can exist after life ends.

Our understanding is based on evidence, science and reality. Your "understanding" is based on fear of the unknown.
You made the claim. Prove that eternal oblivion exists.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2017, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 06:45 AM by Gawdzilla.)
(11-04-2017 06:13 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 06:10 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Nothing is not infinite, it's the absence of dimensions. It's the same saying you can produce a vacuum. No, you can only remove material until there's nothing left.
It's like this. If you add enough zeroes together, it will equal anything you want. That's how the universe is infinite and we never die.

Oh, Cthulhu, that was lame. Add all the zeros together and you get nothing but zero. You're playing a zero-dumb game here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
11-04-2017, 06:18 AM
(11-04-2017 06:16 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 06:13 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  It's like this. If you add enough zeroes together, it will equal anything you want. That's how the universe is infinite and we never die.

Oh, Cthulhu, that was lame. Add all the zeros together and you get nothing be zero. You're playing a zero-dumb game here.
you don't have a big enough calculator.
11-04-2017, 06:19 AM
(11-04-2017 06:14 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  You made the claim. Prove that eternal oblivion exists.

[Image: aydwDyX_460s_zpswwvpqvyj.jpg]

Quoting your OP:

(10-04-2017 10:49 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  Do you atheists fear oblivion after you're dead? Your body just rots in the ground for all of eternity. If I believed that, I'd still be very scared of death.

As theres no evidence of our bodies being dead forever, I don't have to worry about oblivion. As my soul is infinite, I'll wake up in another universe. With my memories and stuff. Because everything is connected. God will revive me.

Theres just no evidence for how atheists believe they will die.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
11-04-2017, 06:20 AM
(10-04-2017 11:22 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 11:19 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I believe that it *is* forever. I do not believe in the supernatural -- at all. I believe that who we are is totally dependent on our physical brains.
I believe we are infinite beings. Not limited to our brains.

Unless you remember the time before the Big Bang - indeed any time before your birth - then quite obviously you are finite.

Death will be exactly like the time before your birth.

You won't notice, because you won' t exist.

Any other theories you might come up with are simply wishful thinking combined with an oversized ego.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-04-2017, 06:21 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 06:25 AM by onlinebiker.)
Dupe post.

Damned tablet...
Sad

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-04-2017, 06:22 AM
(11-04-2017 06:20 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 11:22 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  I believe we are infinite beings. Not limited to our brains.

Unless you remember the time before the Big Bang - indeed any time before your birth - then quite obviously you are finite.

Death will be exactly like the time before your birth.

You won't notice, because you won' t exist.

Any other theories you might come up with are simply wishful thinking combined with an oversized ego.
Death isn't like before you were born.
11-04-2017, 06:23 AM
(11-04-2017 06:19 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 06:14 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  You made the claim. Prove that eternal oblivion exists.

[Image: aydwDyX_460s_zpswwvpqvyj.jpg]

Quoting your OP:

(10-04-2017 10:49 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  Do you atheists fear oblivion after you're dead? Your body just rots in the ground for all of eternity. If I believed that, I'd still be very scared of death.

As theres no evidence of our bodies being dead forever, I don't have to worry about oblivion. As my soul is infinite, I'll wake up in another universe. With my memories and stuff. Because everything is connected. God will revive me.

Theres just no evidence for how atheists believe they will die.
Lol, you can't prove eternal oblivion exists.
11-04-2017, 06:31 AM
OP, best mix it up and interact morez before Moms rule 5's you into the oblivion you so desperately seek.

That said, we kinda share beliefs... kinda... like the ultimate answer...
[Image: C1OW5aX.jpg]

But I suggest it is emergent from nothingness rather than the summation of zeroes, which is kinda dumb. Tongue

(11-04-2017 06:16 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 06:13 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  It's like this. If you add enough zeroes together, it will equal anything you want. That's how the universe is infinite and we never die.

Oh, Cthulhu, that was lame. Add all the zeros together and you get nothing be zero. You're playing a zero-dumb game here.

[Image: hGGxctr.gif]

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
11-04-2017, 06:37 AM
I'm sure it's been said before, but I'm not reading through this whole thing.
I don't fear the obliviion that preceded me either.
We are but a fart in the whirlwind.