Do atheists fear oblivion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2017, 07:00 AM
RE: Do atheists fear oblivion?
(11-04-2017 06:57 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 06:49 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  I don't fear oblivion as theres no proof for it. You still have to prove oblivion exists, which it doesn't. We move on to better things after death.
You haven't proven it doesn't, there's much more proof for oblivion. Fuck are you really this dumb ?There are amoebae with greater cognitive ability than you. You need to be removed from here you are dishonest , trolling massively and squirting gallons of diarrhoea all over the carpet.
Show me proof of eternal oblivion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2017, 07:07 AM
(11-04-2017 07:00 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 06:57 AM)adey67 Wrote:  You haven't proven it doesn't, there's much more proof for oblivion. Fuck are you really this dumb ?There are amoebae with greater cognitive ability than you. You need to be removed from here you are dishonest , trolling massively and squirting gallons of diarrhoea all over the carpet.

Well, you certainly have reached levels of obliviousness high enough to last an eternity or two Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
11-04-2017, 07:10 AM
(10-04-2017 10:49 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  Do you atheists fear oblivion after you're dead?

Not this one.

(10-04-2017 10:49 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  As theres no evidence of our bodies being dead forever, I don't have to worry about oblivion. As my soul is infinite, I'll wake up in another universe. With my memories and stuff. Because everything is connected. God will revive me.

Theres just no evidence for how atheists believe they will die.

What an odd way to think. All we have any physical evidence for is dead bodies staying dead and decomposing. No, we have no evidence of them remaining dead FOREVER because well - duh - forever isn't a timeframe we can really accommodate in any conceivable experiment.

What you really mean is that, although there is no evidence for it you just choose to think your moldering body along with those of Egyptian mummies and the fossilized remains of Lucy will magically return to life when your sky fairy commands it. Since I have no evidence that that can not happen, you feel justified in believing it.

Look, I have no authority over how low your standards for evidence may be. Uneducated people with little regard for caution are capable of believing almost anything. But why are you trying to justify your ridiculous reasoning here? Do you really expect any atheist will agree with you? This sort of unjustified expectation is what follows from playing so fast and loose with the truth.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 3 users Like whateverist's post
11-04-2017, 07:37 AM
(11-04-2017 07:00 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 06:57 AM)adey67 Wrote:  You haven't proven it doesn't, there's much more proof for oblivion. Fuck are you really this dumb ?There are amoebae with greater cognitive ability than you. You need to be removed from here you are dishonest , trolling massively and squirting gallons of diarrhoea all over the carpet.

Plenty of people have provided you with explanations of likelihood of eternal oblivion, philosophically when there are gaps in your knowledge you cant prove or disprove anything 100% but just because something is philosophically possible doesn't mean its plausible.
11-04-2017, 07:58 AM
I expect I'm not allowed to be perfectly comfortable with the idea of being dead.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
11-04-2017, 08:04 AM
(11-04-2017 07:37 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 07:00 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  Show me proof of eternal oblivion.

Plenty of people have provided you with explanations of likelihood of eternal oblivion, philosophically when there are gaps in your knowledge you cant prove or disprove anything 100% but just because something is philosophically possible doesn't mean its plausible.
I haven't seen any evidence of eternal oblivion.
11-04-2017, 08:06 AM
(11-04-2017 08:04 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 07:37 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Plenty of people have provided you with explanations of likelihood of eternal oblivion, philosophically when there are gaps in your knowledge you cant prove or disprove anything 100% but just because something is philosophically possible doesn't mean its plausible.
I haven't seen any evidence of eternal oblivion.

That's because you don't want to. Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
11-04-2017, 08:09 AM
It's National Cheese Fondue Day.
Recipes anyone ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-04-2017, 08:16 AM
We need a new rule about simply posting the same incoherent crap over and over without actually discussing any of it. If this isn't a bot it may as well be since there is no thought going on at all.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
11-04-2017, 08:23 AM
(11-04-2017 08:16 AM)unfogged Wrote:  We need a new rule about simply posting the same incoherent crap over and over without actually discussing any of it. If this isn't a bot it may as well be since there is no thought going on at all.

We've got the old rule 5. He's already on the watchlist. Evil_monster

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post