Do atheists fear oblivion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2017, 08:29 AM
RE: Do atheists fear oblivion?
(11-04-2017 08:23 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 08:16 AM)unfogged Wrote:  We need a new rule about simply posting the same incoherent crap over and over without actually discussing any of it. If this isn't a bot it may as well be since there is no thought going on at all.

We've got the old rule 5. He's already on the watchlist. Evil_monster

> We also have another option: Everyone agrees to send him permanently to The Penalty Box. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2017, 08:37 AM
(11-04-2017 08:29 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 08:23 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  We've got the old rule 5. He's already on the watchlist. Evil_monster

> We also have another option: Everyone agrees to send him permanently to The Penalty Box. Thumbsup

I also have the PS4 option. Tongue

If you wanna get invested in being forum staff figuratively or literally, that's all you. I've been there, it sux. Also, if you wanna tell Moms how to do her job, well, it was nice knowing ya. Evil_monster

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2017, 08:41 AM
(10-04-2017 10:49 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  Do you atheists fear oblivion after you're dead? Your body just rots in the ground for all of eternity. If I believed that, I'd still be very scared of death.

As theres no evidence of our bodies being dead forever, I don't have to worry about oblivion. As my soul is infinite, I'll wake up in another universe. With my memories and stuff. Because everything is connected. God will revive me.

Theres just no evidence for how atheists believe they will die.

I'm sure your self-righteous dickishness will last for all eternity.
[+] 1 user Likes kemo boy's post
11-04-2017, 08:42 AM
(11-04-2017 01:20 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  ]Being dead is impossible, as it's not forever.

Hahaha. Wishful thinking at it's finest.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
11-04-2017, 08:45 AM
(11-04-2017 07:00 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 06:57 AM)adey67 Wrote:  You haven't proven it doesn't, there's much more proof for oblivion. Fuck are you really this dumb ?There are amoebae with greater cognitive ability than you. You need to be removed from here you are dishonest , trolling massively and squirting gallons of diarrhoea all over the carpet.
Show me proof of eternal oblivion.

You're the one claiming an extraordinary account of life after death. It's up to the claimant to provide the hard evidence.

I'll wait......

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
11-04-2017, 08:47 AM
(11-04-2017 08:37 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 08:29 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > We also have another option: Everyone agrees to send him permanently to The Penalty Box. Thumbsup

I also have the PS4 option. Tongue

If you wanna get invested in being forum staff figuratively or literally, that's all you. I've been there, it sux. Also, if you wanna tell Moms how to do her job, well, it was nice knowing ya. Evil_monster

Not trying to tell Moms anything; just saying that if it were up to me I'd at least strengthen rule 1 regarding spam. Slippy here is certainly skimming that line if it hasn't been crossed already. "The Administration rely upon the membership to identify offending behavior."

*relies

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
11-04-2017, 08:49 AM
(11-04-2017 08:47 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 08:37 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I also have the PS4 option. Tongue

Not trying to tell Moms anything; just saying that if it were up to me I'd at least strengthen rule 1 regarding spam. Slippy here is certainly skimming that line if it hasn't been crossed already. "The Administration rely upon the membership to identify offending behavior."

*relies

Maybe those of Slippy's ilk should be allowed in but required to register as chew toys?

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 1 user Likes whateverist's post
11-04-2017, 08:51 AM
(11-04-2017 08:49 AM)whateverist Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 08:47 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Not trying to tell Moms anything; just saying that if it were up to me I'd at least strengthen rule 1 regarding spam. Slippy here is certainly skimming that line if it hasn't been crossed already. "The Administration rely upon the membership to identify offending behavior."

*relies

Maybe those of Slippy's ilk should be allowed in but required to register as chew toys?

Except there's not even anything to chew on here. It's just infinite nothingness ™.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
11-04-2017, 08:54 AM
No, I don't fear that, really. I don't want it to happen, but it's inevitable and once it does happen, I will not know. I will not experience anything because my brain will not be function to receive/observe experiences- hence experience will have ceased to exist for me.
11-04-2017, 08:56 AM
(11-04-2017 08:47 AM)unfogged Wrote:  "The Administration rely upon the membership to identify offending behavior."

*relies

**or rely Drinking Beverage

"Adding to the complexity of this issue is that Americans and Britons handle it differently.

Americans tend to treat collective nouns as single units, so it’s more common to use the singular verb unless you’re definitely talking about individuals [...]

In British usage, however, it’s the opposite; it’s more common to use the plural verb. In fact, some sentences that are perfectly correct in Britain would be considered incorrect in America.”

Tongue

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post