Do atheists fear oblivion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2017, 01:18 AM
RE: Do atheists fear oblivion?
I had a swing set as a child.
It had metal poles, made from aluminum.
That swing set has long since been scrapped and buried in the ground somewhere I imagine.

It's not going to magically reform one day.
It's time is finite.

Our time on this world is finite.
We are born. We live for a while, hopefully have a good life and then we die.
It's a harsh truth.

You're free to indulge in this fantasy if you want, but things breakdown.

You almost provide evidence that brains don't mature past childhood, remaining forever gullible.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
11-04-2017, 01:18 AM
Fear is an emotion that is electro chemically activated within the brain. However if the brain is dead then no emotion can be experienced. And therefore I do
not fear oblivion. I had no fear for most of the universes existence before I was conceived and will have none after I die. In point of fact I am rather looking
forward to spending the rest of post death eternity in a state free from all suffering. Only the living worry about being dead. The dead have no such worries

A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
[+] 2 users Like surreptitious57's post
11-04-2017, 01:20 AM
(11-04-2017 01:18 AM)surreptitious57 Wrote:  Fear is an emotion that is electro chemically activated within the brain. However if the brain is dead then no emotion can be experienced. And therefore I do
not fear oblivion. I had no fear for most of the universes existence before I was conceived and will have none after I die. In point of fact I am rather looking
forward to spending the rest of post death eternity in a state free from all suffering. Only the living worry about being dead. The dead have no such worries
Being dead is impossible, as it's not forever.
11-04-2017, 01:20 AM
I've never feared it.

Being extremely depressed, I actually welcome it now.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
11-04-2017, 01:21 AM
(11-04-2017 01:17 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 01:09 AM)JesseB Wrote:  What an utterly absurd imagination you have.

When I die my body will rot away yes, biological processes will continue here on earth without me until one day the sun collapses and swells so large it swallows up this little rock. And one day that star may collapse into a supernova, a brilliant explosion and the best part? By the time that happens every galaxy out there will be so far from each other that it won't be visible to any other star system. This is what will happen when you die, when your parents die, every human that has ever lived, and every human that will ever live. These are things we understand and can know, well perhaps a Quasar will hit long before that happens. Who the fuck know's for sure dude. One thing is for sure, your claim lacks any evidence at all. Your wild delusions don't change reality. Deal with it.

What an utterly absurd question you ask.

No. Not in the least. I pity you for your fear that is so great you must imagine up some invisible friend to keep you company. No one will raise you from the dead, grow up dude.

But you want to know what I do fear? The thing I fear above all else? Failing to really live while I'm here. Your crutch steals your life from you, with promises of a do over. There is no do over, no paradise. Live now. LIVE. It's the only life you have, don't waste it.
It's an infinite universe we live on. I'll live forever. Outliving an infinite number of universes that go dead. So I'll live in. The universe cares about what we believe. If it didn't, we wouldn't exist in the first place.

That's cute. It's also meaningless bullshit you pulled out of your ass dude. But hell, explain it. Write an encyclopedia on the subject detailing everything, with perfectly scientifically verifiable evidence that is testable and repeatable. Cause I don't think you know this, I think you claim it. And you can claim whatever the fuck you want. I claim I'm a god, right here right now. Therefor it must be true right? That's all you've done, made a baseless claim.

However I do have evidence that I am in fact a god. As evidence I submit my balls. Enjoy.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like JesseB's post
11-04-2017, 01:24 AM
(11-04-2017 01:21 AM)JesseB Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 01:17 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  It's an infinite universe we live on. I'll live forever. Outliving an infinite number of universes that go dead. So I'll live in. The universe cares about what we believe. If it didn't, we wouldn't exist in the first place.

That's cute. It's also meaningless bullshit you pulled out of your ass dude. But hell, explain it. Write an encyclopedia on the subject detailing everything, with perfectly scientifically verifiable evidence that is testable and repeatable. Cause I don't think you know this, I think you claim it. And you can claim whatever the fuck you want. I claim I'm a god, right here right now. Therefor it must be true right? That's all you've done, made a baseless claim.

However I do have evidence that I am in fact a god. As evidence I submit my balls. Enjoy.
It's a simple solution to life. Life came from nothing, nothingness is infinite. So life is eternal.
11-04-2017, 01:25 AM
(11-04-2017 01:20 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I've never feared it.

Being extremely depressed, I actually welcome it now.

(Hugs Rob)

Do I need to remind you that you are one sexy beast Rob? Fine come on over, I'll give you a BJ to cheer you up dude.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
11-04-2017, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 04:07 PM by JesseB.)
(11-04-2017 01:24 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 01:21 AM)JesseB Wrote:  That's cute. It's also meaningless bullshit you pulled out of your ass dude. But hell, explain it. Write an encyclopedia on the subject detailing everything, with perfectly scientifically verifiable evidence that is testable and repeatable. Cause I don't think you know this, I think you claim it. And you can claim whatever the fuck you want. I claim I'm a god, right here right now. Therefor it must be true right? That's all you've done, made a baseless claim.

It's a simple solution to life. Life came from nothing, nothingness is infinite. So life is eternal.

Whoah... this might be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.... Congrats dude, I'm impressed. It's nothing to be proud of, but I'm impressed.

I highly recommend you take some grammar, and philosophy classes, start learning the structure of logic, so you can begin to understand the phenomenally stupid thing you just said.

Big Grin
[+] 5 users Like JesseB's post
11-04-2017, 01:29 AM
(11-04-2017 01:20 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 01:18 AM)surreptitious57 Wrote:  Fear is an emotion that is electro chemically activated within the brain. However if the brain is dead then no emotion can be experienced. And therefore I do
Being dead is impossible, as it's not forever.

Alright, you are totally out of your mind. Check please o/

Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
11-04-2017, 01:31 AM
(11-04-2017 01:28 AM)JesseB Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 01:24 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  It's a simple solution to life. Life came from nothing, nothingness is infinite. So life is eternal.

Whoah... this might be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.... Congrats dude, I'm impressed. It's nothing to be proud of, but I'm impressed.

I highly recommend you take some grammar, and philosophy classes, start learning the structure of logic, so you can begin understand the phenomenally stupid thing you just said.
Yes life is nothingness condensed by time. You condense nothingness so much it becomes physical. Since nothingness is infinite, it means we live in a infinite universe. So we are eternal. It's like adding zeroes together. Adding two zeroes together isn't zero.