Do atheists fear oblivion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2017, 05:11 AM
RE: Do atheists fear oblivion?
(11-04-2017 04:44 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You have not a shred of evidence to support you fairy tale that we survive death ... in any way. Too bad you're a wuss. Grow up. There is no Santa and no Easter Bunny. We know it's hard to find this out. Fucking baby.

"“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

― Mark Twain
Yes I have evidence. Since nothingness is infinite, it means the universe is infinite. We have order to the universe. So I will have my memories when I die. You have no evidence that death is forever.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2017, 05:20 AM
"My thought is that if you worry you suffer twice." Newt Scamander
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
11-04-2017, 05:22 AM
(10-04-2017 11:22 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  I believe we are infinite beings. Not limited to our brains.

Prove it.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
11-04-2017, 05:26 AM
(11-04-2017 05:22 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 11:22 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  I believe we are infinite beings. Not limited to our brains.

Prove it.
Nothingness is infinite. We are physical beings made of nothingness. So with this nothingness, God's can be created. Thus allowing us to have eternal lives.
11-04-2017, 05:28 AM
(11-04-2017 05:26 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 05:22 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Prove it.
Nothingness is infinite. We are physical beings made of nothingness. So with this nothingness, God's can be created. Thus allowing us to have eternal lives.

That's vapid, meaningless and is not remotely any kind of evidence.

You're making silly stories up about post-mortem existence because you can't accept your own mortality.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
11-04-2017, 05:31 AM
(11-04-2017 05:11 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  Yes I have evidence.

You don't even understand what the word evidence means. Saying "I believe X" does not amount to evidence.

(11-04-2017 05:11 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  Since nothingness is infinite, it means the universe is infinite. We have order to the universe. So I will have my memories when I die.

This is a non-sequitur built on two incorrect statements.

I dub this type of statement a "Dum-fuquityou".

(11-04-2017 05:11 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  You have no evidence that death is forever.

Every shred of evidence we have points to the conclusion that consciousness and self are result of chemical processes in our brain. When our brains die, we die.

Why are you wasting time whining about it instead of living and enjoying your life?

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
11-04-2017, 05:31 AM
(11-04-2017 05:28 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 05:26 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  Nothingness is infinite. We are physical beings made of nothingness. So with this nothingness, God's can be created. Thus allowing us to have eternal lives.

That's vapid, meaningless and is not remotely any kind of evidence.

You're making silly stories up about post-mortem existence because you can't accept your own mortality.
It's a fact that nothingness is infinite. Nothingness is so infinite that it can go back in time, to the beginning and fix any mistake. That's why everything is perfect and we are eternal.
11-04-2017, 05:32 AM
(11-04-2017 05:31 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 05:11 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  Yes I have evidence.

You don't even understand what the word evidence means. Saying "I believe X" does not amount to evidence.

(11-04-2017 05:11 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  Since nothingness is infinite, it means the universe is infinite. We have order to the universe. So I will have my memories when I die.

This is a non-sequitur built on two incorrect statements.

I dub this type of statement a "Dum-fuquityou".

(11-04-2017 05:11 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  You have no evidence that death is forever.

Every shred of evidence we have points to the conclusion that consciousness and self are result of chemical processes in our brain. When our brains die, we die.

Why are you wasting time whining about it instead of living and enjoying your life?
You have no evidence that we are dead forever. If we did, then religions wouldn't be here.
11-04-2017, 05:33 AM
(11-04-2017 05:26 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 05:22 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Prove it.

Once again, your nonsensical statements are not proof or evidence.

Well, your statements say a great deal about your thought processes, but I don't think you want to go there...

11-04-2017, 05:36 AM
(11-04-2017 05:33 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 05:26 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  Nothingness is infinite. We are physical beings made of nothingness. So with this nothingness, God's can be created. Thus allowing us to have eternal lives.

Once again, your nonsensical statements are not proof or evidence.

Well, your statements say a great deal about your thought processes, but I don't think you want to go there...
Yes it's evidence. Nothingness is infinite. Our universe came from nothingness with no boundaries. So it's infinite and never ending. Thus we are eternal.