Do atheists fear oblivion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2017, 05:56 AM
RE: Do atheists fear oblivion?
(11-04-2017 05:51 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I'd say you need to get out more. Hobo
[Image: 0xAW6Ig.gif]

True that, Johnny!

[Image: giphy.gif]

But do I dare, knowing that there are hordes of such colossal idiots roaming the streets, seeking whom they may devour drown in their idiocy? Gasp

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2017, 06:00 AM
(11-04-2017 05:55 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 05:45 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  Nothingness is the structure of our universe. Everything works in perfect order. Thus we keep our memories after death.

Nothingness is not "structure".... so you're wrong about that.
You have to have "something" to have both structure and order. Your argument is patently false.
It's all irrelevant.

You're drawing a conclusion from a set of false premises.
Typical logical error.

Your memories exist in your healthy brain. Nowhere else. Nowhere.
When you die, they are gone.

You're a fool, and what you claim is evidence is nothing but crap.
Yes nothingness is infinite. We came from nothing, so we are made from nothing. All scales of intelligences come from this nothingness. They put order to the universe for all of eternity. So when we die, we keep our memories and move on to better things.
Find all posts by this user
11-04-2017, 06:02 AM
"Do you atheists fear oblivion after you're dead?"
No, but clearly YOU do, as you need to make up this shit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-04-2017, 06:05 AM
(11-04-2017 06:02 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Do you atheists fear oblivion after you're dead?"
No, but clearly YOU do, as you need to make up this shit.
I don't fear oblivion because theres no evidence for it. Prove there is nothing after death.
11-04-2017, 06:06 AM
(11-04-2017 01:20 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 01:18 AM)surreptitious57 Wrote:  Fear is an emotion that is electro chemically activated within the brain. However if the brain is dead then no emotion can be experienced. And therefore I do
not fear oblivion. I had no fear for most of the universes existence before I was conceived and will have none after I die. In point of fact I am rather looking
forward to spending the rest of post death eternity in a state free from all suffering. Only the living worry about being dead. The dead have no such worries
Being dead is impossible, as it's not forever.

You do NOT know this because you CANNOT know it. The reason you are vilified here is because you make baseless assertions over and over and over with no facts or evidence presented. Its like you're thinking if you repeat something over and over again that you can some how bring it into existence by sheer force of will and belief, you cannot. What a prison you must live in to have to do this, your posts reek, absolutely stink like a rotting corpse of desperation.
11-04-2017, 06:08 AM
Oblivion sounds cool. I love my sleep, nice and peaceful.

Death is not a bad thing, dying can be.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
11-04-2017, 06:10 AM
(11-04-2017 06:06 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 01:20 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  Being dead is impossible, as it's not forever.

You do NOT know this because you CANNOT know it. The reason you are vilified here is because you make baseless assertions over and over and over with no facts or evidence presented. Its like you're thinking if you repeat something over and over again that you can some how bring it into existence by sheer force of will and belief, you cannot. What a prison you must live in to have to do this, your posts reek, absolutely stink like a rotting corpse of desperation.
I know for a fact that the state of nothingness doesn't exist. So that means we live on. I don't fear death as theres no proof we really die.
11-04-2017, 06:10 AM
(11-04-2017 05:26 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 05:22 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Prove it.
Nothingness is infinite. We are physical beings made of nothingness. So with this nothingness, God's can be created. Thus allowing us to have eternal lives.

Nothing is not infinite, it's the absence of dimensions. It's the same saying you can produce a vacuum. No, you can only remove material until there's nothing left.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2017, 06:12 AM
(11-04-2017 06:05 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  I don't fear oblivion because theres no evidence for it. Prove there is nothing after death.

You made the claim.

You have to prove a soul exists during life.
You have to prove a soul can exist after life ends.

Our understanding is based on evidence, science and reality. Your "understanding" is based on fear of the unknown.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
11-04-2017, 06:13 AM
(11-04-2017 06:10 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 05:26 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  Nothingness is infinite. We are physical beings made of nothingness. So with this nothingness, God's can be created. Thus allowing us to have eternal lives.

Nothing is not infinite, it's the absence of dimensions. It's the same saying you can produce a vacuum. No, you can only remove material until there's nothing left.
It's like this. If you add enough zeroes together, it will equal anything you want. That's how the universe is infinite and we never die.