Do atheists have a hollow heart as most Christians claim?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2011, 04:12 PM
RE: Do atheists have a hollow heart as most Christians claim?
(01-12-2011 03:49 PM)HeWillPrevail Wrote:  It is wrong for Christians to be judgmental. I am one, and I apologize for all those people that all they tell you is how bad and wrong you are.
The fact is, though, everyone deserves to die and go to Hell. All, including me, have sinned and are not worthy to go to Heaven. But God has provided a way out. It's called Jesus Christ.
He paid for all the sins ever committed. All your sins, all my sins. He wants to spend eternity with you. You, and I, may be bad, sinful, and evil, but God still loves us. That's amazing. I plead with you to find the truth, God, before its too late.

I've put up with shit you just crapped out for the past year. Really, seek psycological help because your definately brainwashed if you really believe that load of crap you just spewed out!

Your not going to heaven, there is no hell. Come to your senses!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2011, 04:16 PM
(01-12-2011 04:05 PM)k37713 Wrote:  Hmmm.. I wonder if a group of athiests were to band together and open some of theses type places if we would get the same tax breaks that the other religious organizations receive?!

I think it would be a great idea.. if athiesm is our "religion" why not show people we are compassionate people as well.

There are a lot of non-religious charitable organizations out there. There could always be more, for sure, but Christians aren't the only ones out there who care. Many of them just like to think they are, it helps them feel better about themselves.
[+] 3 users Like kineo's post
01-12-2011, 04:20 PM
(01-12-2011 04:12 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
(01-12-2011 03:49 PM)HeWillPrevail Wrote:  It is wrong for Christians to be judgmental. I am one, and I apologize for all those people that all they tell you is how bad and wrong you are.
The fact is, though, everyone deserves to die and go to Hell. All, including me, have sinned and are not worthy to go to Heaven. But God has provided a way out. It's called Jesus Christ.
He paid for all the sins ever committed. All your sins, all my sins. He wants to spend eternity with you. You, and I, may be bad, sinful, and evil, but God still loves us. That's amazing. I plead with you to find the truth, God, before its too late.

I've put up with shit you just crapped out for the past year. Really, seek psycological help because your definately brainwashed if you really believe that load of crap you just spewed out!

Drew, not all of us are like this.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
01-12-2011, 04:31 PM
(01-12-2011 04:20 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(01-12-2011 04:12 PM)ddrew Wrote:  

Drew, not all of us are like this.

You're right. Religious people are not all mindless fools like Mr. Prevail over there. Many are intelligent individuals like King here.

So I'll clear things up right now for all to see and understand. It is not the person we don't like. It's the religion itself. It has been the epicenter of so much suffering and hate that it is seen as a blight upon the world. That does not mean we seek to harm the people that follow it rather we seek to for them to just think. Think, it is all we ask. If you come to the same area where you started then so be it as it matters little to me or anyone else. We respect you King because you are clear and concise. This does not mean that we will leave your religion alone as it is human nature to point out flaws and attempt to understand. That's about as simple as it gets. We are trying to understand this world and if religion stands in our way then it will be removed.
I hope that doesn't sound as hostile as I think it does.....I need more rum.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 4 users Like Hamata k's post
01-12-2011, 04:49 PM
(01-12-2011 03:44 PM)kineo Wrote:  But, some Christians just don't understand. Case in point:
youtube video Huh

Plenty of Christians like to argue that there can be no morality without god, who holds the corner on "objective" morality. Of course the truth is that either God himself doesn't obey his own moral code, or else all morality is subjective (including biblical morality) and developed over time by societies throughout history and will continue to do so in the future. There is so much wrong with this guy's video that it's ridiculous. But I probably would have agreed with it to some degree based on my indoctrination as I grew up.

This guy's video is proof that he is an idiot and ethically biased. Evolution is not about the survival of the fittest, so if that's what he's basing his "atheist world view" on, then he's certainly a very confused idiot. It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
I wouldn't question this joker's morals, though; he might kill me. Dodgy
Theists of all sorts do seem to be adamant that there can be no morality without god. Many I hear state these views, seem unable to think for themselves. I've also noticed when questioned at length, they seem unable to take responsibility for their own actions -they "give it over to god", or say something to the effect that "it is part of god's plan" - this from fundamental Christians in particular.
I can only think, since they can't see themselves as good without some kind of outside monitoring and/or instruction, they simply can't fathom any inherent goodness in their fellow human being. That's how it seems sometimes... and that's pretty pitiful. Undecided Maybe that's why they feel some need to behave so arrogantly, as it's been pointed out. I usually just end up walking away from those kind of people.

Smile I think and act for myself and I pretty much keep it to myself... except here on the forum.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
01-12-2011, 04:55 PM
(01-12-2011 04:31 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  You're right. Religious people are not all mindless fools like Mr. Prevail over there. Many are intelligent individuals like King here.

So I'll clear things up right now for all to see and understand. It is not the person we don't like. It's the religion itself. It has been the epicenter of so much suffering and hate that it is seen as a blight upon the world. That does not mean we seek to harm the people that follow it rather we seek to for them to just think. Think, it is all we ask. If you come to the same area where you started then so be it as it matters little to me or anyone else. We respect you King because you are clear and concise. This does not mean that we will leave your religion alone as it is human nature to point out flaws and attempt to understand. That's about as simple as it gets. We are trying to understand this world and if religion stands in our way then it will be removed.

Some good points there Hamata. And to clear things up to others about me... I really do have a hatered for religion in general. I hate how it acts as a blockade to the education of true science. Not what they claim science is. While I dislike the mindlessness of Mr. Prevail ... I do understand that not all of them are completely dislodged idiots. All of the posts of King that I have read on these forums are at least coherent. I respect that.

But my hate for religion is not just my own. It is shared by alot of people out there. Usually because the ideals of religion has invaded into the thoughts of the minds of those that feel harmed by it. My hate comes from as early as when I was going to sunday school. Teaching me that my mother's illness (lupis) was a result of sin brought on by God. Teaching me to pray, to ask Jesus to fogive my sins and the sins of my mother and father. Teaching me that my belief in Jesus would heal my mother... Well I prayed... and she still died.

Christianity hurt me by their indoctrinating lies and false hope they gave me. So yeah. I fucking hate religion period. I'm not the only victim. There are many others out there as well. Religion is rape of the human thought process, our minds.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
01-12-2011, 05:01 PM
(01-12-2011 04:55 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
(01-12-2011 04:31 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  You're right. Religious people are not all mindless fools like Mr. Prevail over there. Many are intelligent individuals like King here.

Some good points there Hamata. And to clear things up to others about me... I really do have a hatered for religion in general. I hate how it acts as a blockade to the education of true science. Not what they claim science is. While I dislike the mindlessness of Mr. Prevail ... I do understand that not all of them are completely dislodged idiots. All of the posts of King that I have read on these forums are at least coherent. I respect that.

But my hate for religion is not just my own. It is shared by alot of people out there. Usually because the ideals of religion has invaded into the thoughts of the minds of those that feel harmed by it. My hate comes from as early as when I was going to sunday school. Teaching me that my mother's illness (lupis) was a result of sin brought on by God. Teaching me to pray, to ask Jesus to fogive my sins and the sins of my mother and father. Teaching me that my belief in Jesus would heal my mother... Well I prayed... and she still died.

Christianity hurt me by their indoctrinating lies and false hope they gave me. So yeah. I fucking hate religion period. I'm not the only victim. There are many others out there as well. Religion is rape of the human thought process, our minds.

I agree with you. I have a hatred for religion myself but not the people who believe in it. You may hate all you wish to your heart content. I ask that you don't go around harming those who believe in it simply because they believe. Of course if they are nothing but raving madmen then by all means do as you please with them.
What I'm trying to say is that this world has enough suffering. There is no reason to cause more of it with pointless squabbles. Pick your battles and see them through to the end.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 3 users Like Hamata k's post
01-12-2011, 05:06 PM
(01-12-2011 04:05 PM)k37713 Wrote:  Hmmm.. I wonder if a group of athiests were to band together and open some of theses type places if we would get the same tax breaks that the other religious organizations receive?!

I think it would be a great idea.. if athiesm is our "religion" why not show people we are compassionate people as well.

Of course, "Atheism" is not really a "religion" at all... but I do know where you are coming from. I see the people who fall under the umbrella of "Atheist" and it's so varied ... but the one thing that seems to tie us all together is our very independent nature. That is the hardest part of keeping numbers up in a group - darn our free spirits!! Big Grin
I'm personally up for changing the face of today's Non-Theist... in fact, that's why I visit the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
01-12-2011, 05:16 PM
(01-12-2011 05:01 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  I agree with you. I have a hatred for religion myself but not the people who believe in it. You may hate all you wish to your heart content. I ask that you don't go around harming those who believe in it simply because they believe. Of course if they are nothing but raving madmen then by all means do as you please with them.
What I'm trying to say is that this world has enough suffering. There is no reason to cause more of it with pointless squabbles. Pick your battles and see them through to the end.

The bold text in your reply I agree with whole heartedly.

If I could abolish the doctrines of religions around the world I would. While there are idiots that take religion to it's extremes doesn't mean they have to be abolished as well.. they just need to be healed of the poison that is causing their delusion.

[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
01-12-2011, 08:07 PM
(01-12-2011 05:06 PM)kim Wrote:  

Of course, "Atheism" is not really a "religion" at all... but I do know where you are coming from. I see the people who fall under the umbrella of "Atheist" and it's so varied ... but the one thing that seems to tie us all together is our very independent nature. That is the hardest part of keeping numbers up in a group - darn our free spirits!! Big Grin
I'm personally up for changing the face of today's Non-Theist... in fact, that's why I visit the forum. Smile

I understand that there are non-religious social organizations out there - but I think that it would be great to have some of the founders of these organizations openly label thierselves as NON- believers/atheists/logical thinkers with no religious affliations- whatever you want to call it - .. Not that the organization would limit the people that it helped to also necessarily be non-believers but that it would be founded by people who promote getting well, or back on your feet by solving the problems head one and not just praying 15 times a day and putting our trust into an entity and the people who back "him" -- I just think that, like this site, there should be more places that we can be open about our non belief and let people know that we are not all monsters

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 1 user Likes k37713's post