Do demons cause sickness?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2015, 01:20 AM
Do demons cause sickness?
A couple years ago my aunt got breast cancer and unfortunately died. Sad Anyhow when I went to see her at her house the family decided to pray over her (her family is catholic). While they were praying one of my relatives started saying that my aunt was possessed by a demon that gave her cancer and she called on Jesus to cast the demon out. I was wondering if anyone else knew any other christians who think demons cause sickness.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes thecontemplator's post
07-02-2015, 01:33 AM
RE: Do demons cause sickness?
(07-02-2015 01:20 AM)thecontemplator Wrote:  A couple years ago my aunt got breast cancer and unfortunately died. Sad Anyhow when I went to see her at her house the family decided to pray over her (her family is catholic). While they were praying one of my relatives started saying that my aunt was possessed by a demon that gave her cancer and she called on Jesus to cast the demon out. I was wondering if anyone else knew any other christians who think demons cause sickness.

Catholic's are very superstious in that regard.

I read a post on Facebook from a whacko who said his daughter was working as a missionary in Africa, the village had witch doctor who was causing people to get sick -- this was just before the Ebola thing.

He said his daughter said the witch doctor was using dark magic to possess the villagers. Of course he was asking for prayers that Jebus cover everything and everyone in a blanket of .....something.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-02-2015, 03:31 AM
Not demons, silly.

Everyone knows that it was that other tribe who poisoned the well.

Bastards!

Angry

07-02-2015, 03:36 AM
Demons???

Seriously???

You might as well look for monsters under the bed too.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
07-02-2015, 03:48 AM
MONSTROUS DUST BUNNIES!

*ahem*
07-02-2015, 03:49 AM
No.

Next question?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
07-02-2015, 05:48 AM
Unfortunately my brother married into a family of church going wackos and because his oldest daughter, who is now 16, got the chills while reading a certain passage in the bible, they sent her to a christian counselor to see if she was possessed by a demon.

I can't re-educate 16 years of stupidity over night.

Fortunately for my own sanity, the counselor said that she wasn't possessed and an exorcism wouldn't be needed.

I'm sure the little fucktards performed a homemade one anyway, you know, just to be safe.

My niece is a normal 16 yr old attention whore growing up around a bunch of small town ignorant people who all share the same delusion.

I can only imagine the conversations with her friends.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
07-02-2015, 07:22 AM
It is not just catholics. Many also think that the devil causes them to feel bad. Nevermind that they feel bad when something bad happens, that is really the devil. So sad.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
07-02-2015, 07:59 AM
(07-02-2015 01:20 AM)thecontemplator Wrote:  A couple years ago my aunt got breast cancer and unfortunately died. Sad Anyhow when I went to see her at her house the family decided to pray over her (her family is catholic). While they were praying one of my relatives started saying that my aunt was possessed by a demon that gave her cancer and she called on Jesus to cast the demon out. I was wondering if anyone else knew any other christians who think demons cause sickness.

Yeah, lots of them:

Pat Robertson thinks clothes and inanimate objects can have evil spirits attached to them:

They are f****ng crazy!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
07-02-2015, 08:14 AM
my grandmother (from my mom's side of the family) died last year
I don't remember what the disease was exactly but he had it for a 1 year, she died in the hospital

my family is protestants but they know better than to rely on prayer over hospital treatments