Do demons cause sickness?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2015, 08:16 AM
RE: Do demons cause sickness?
(07-02-2015 07:59 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 01:20 AM)thecontemplator Wrote:  A couple years ago my aunt got breast cancer and unfortunately died. Sad Anyhow when I went to see her at her house the family decided to pray over her (her family is catholic). While they were praying one of my relatives started saying that my aunt was possessed by a demon that gave her cancer and she called on Jesus to cast the demon out. I was wondering if anyone else knew any other christians who think demons cause sickness.

Yeah, lots of them:

Pat Robertson thinks clothes and inanimate objects can have evil spirits attached to them:

They are f****ng crazy!

if he thinks cloths have evil munbo jumbo inside them then why doesn't he just go out naked ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2015, 08:26 AM
(07-02-2015 08:16 AM)Ace Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 07:59 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Pat Robertson thinks clothes and inanimate objects can have evil spirits attached to them:

if he thinks cloths have evil munbo jumbo inside them then why doesn't he just go out naked ?

I now need to find a way to bleach my brain. I did NOT need that image.
Hobo

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
07-02-2015, 08:31 AM
(07-02-2015 01:20 AM)thecontemplator Wrote:  A couple years ago my aunt got breast cancer and unfortunately died. Sad Anyhow when I went to see her at her house the family decided to pray over her (her family is catholic). While they were praying one of my relatives started saying that my aunt was possessed by a demon that gave her cancer and she called on Jesus to cast the demon out. I was wondering if anyone else knew any other christians who think demons cause sickness.

I am sorry about the loss of your aunt.

I am a five-year survivor of the breast cancer demon. I found medicine more effective than prayer. Dr. Knox exorcized the demon with a scalpel.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
07-02-2015, 09:48 AM
To clarify my aunt did go to the hospital but she was also very religious which is why the family was doing the prayer thing. It was just after she was diagnosed. Not to speak ill of her btw but at her funeral the priest read some letters that she had been writing to show her faith. At one point she was in remission (it was a few years between diagnosis and death) and she apparently wrote: "Thank god thank god the lord has healed me." I always wondered how she felt when it came back as being very devout she probably really thought god had healed her.
08-02-2015, 12:58 AM
(07-02-2015 08:26 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 08:16 AM)Ace Wrote:  if he thinks cloths have evil munbo jumbo inside them then why doesn't he just go out naked ?

I now need to find a way to bleach my brain. I did NOT need that image.
Hobo

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-...bleach.png

you can't deny the truth
08-02-2015, 01:15 AM
(08-02-2015 12:58 AM)Ace Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 08:26 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I now need to find a way to bleach my brain. I did NOT need that image.
Hobo

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-...bleach.png

you can't deny the truth

[Image: keep-calm-and-pass-the-brain-bleach.png]

[img] insert image URL between these brackets to embed it in the post [/img]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
08-02-2015, 01:22 AM
Only indirectly. It was actually the seductress Eve convincing Adam to eat the fruit that caused your grandmothers illness. She wasn't a Proverbs 31 woman. No word on why she didn't get the pillar of salt treatment.
08-02-2015, 02:29 AM
Re: Do demons cause sickness?
Morton's Demon is responsible for quite a few maladies going untreated.
08-02-2015, 07:07 AM
Demons do exist. They're called microbes.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
08-02-2015, 07:23 AM

I wonder what would be the point of casting a demon out of a corpse?