Do demons cause sickness?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2015, 08:54 AM
RE: Do demons cause sickness?
(08-02-2015 07:23 AM)Machias Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 01:20 AM)thecontemplator Wrote:  A couple years ago my aunt got breast cancer and unfortunately died. Sad Anyhow when I went to see her at her house the family decided to pray over her (her family is catholic). While they were praying one of my relatives started saying that my aunt was possessed by a demon that gave her cancer and she called on Jesus to cast the demon out. I was wondering if anyone else knew any other christians who think demons cause sickness.

I wonder what would be the point of casting a demon out of a corpse?

She wasn't dead yet! lol Sorry I guess my post wasn't worded very well. They were praying just after she had been diagnosed with the cancer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2015, 09:02 AM
(08-02-2015 07:23 AM)Machias Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 01:20 AM)thecontemplator Wrote:  A couple years ago my aunt got breast cancer and unfortunately died. Sad Anyhow when I went to see her at her house the family decided to pray over her (her family is catholic). While they were praying one of my relatives started saying that my aunt was possessed by a demon that gave her cancer and she called on Jesus to cast the demon out. I was wondering if anyone else knew any other christians who think demons cause sickness.

I wonder what would be the point of casting a demon out of a corpse?

maybe the demon would be upset if the body was buried/cremated while it was still inside
Find all posts by this user
08-02-2015, 10:09 AM

Unfortunately regardless of religion, many people do believe in evil spirits and demons. Even in Buddhism there are some sects that believe in spirits called "nats".

This is not unique to Christianity, or even modern history. While the west has advanced in science the ancient world, including polytheism mistook illness as being possessed. Claudious it is now highly suspected by the medical experts based upon the accounts of the time, had epilepsy and those in that polytheism thought it was some sort of possession.

Unfortunately you can find this kind of delusion worldwide. Even when I was in Japan I watched a TV show and without understanding the language I could tell that the people in it flopping and groaning and screaming, that it was their version of what they thought spirit possessions were.

But no doctor I would call sane or ethical would ever sell any of this crap. If you get cancer or any other disease or mental illness, it is genes and or environmental factors, but no human has ever been possessed.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user