Do facts require belief for it to be a fact?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2013, 01:33 AM
RE: Do facts require belief for it to be a fact?
(08-09-2013 11:48 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 11:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Don't obfuscate the primary pre-nuptials with rasberries. Often, the pertinent cat presents fabled necessities in the parking chamfer. Realize your net precedent. Triangulate! Save the best for the alligators. Ever the bastille notches the orchestra but Wendy is not green and horses will capitulate. Filter out the log from the turnstile and cry prevalently.

So there brown stare. Feed your inner walnut and resolve. Subject your lemon to the ingenious door in the presence of snow and animals. Aisle 7 is for the monetary cheese whiz. Faced with the kitchen, you may wish to prolong the sailboat in the cliff. Otherwise, rabbits may descend on your left nostril. Think about how you can stripe the sea.

Regale the storm to those who (6) would thump the parrot with the armband. Corner the market on vestiges of the apparent closure but seek not the evidential circumstance. Therein you can find indignant mountains of pigs and apples. Descend eloquently as you debate the ceiling of your warning fulcrum. Vacate the corncob profusely and and don’t dote on the pancreas.

Next up, control your wood. Have at the cat with your watch on the fore. Aft! Smarties ! Rome wasn’t kevetched in an autumn nightie. See yourself for the turntable on the escalator. Really peruse the garage spider definitely again again with brown. Now we have an apparent congestion, so be it here. Just a moment is not a pod of beef for the ink well nor can it be (4) said that Karen was there in the millpond.

Garbage out just like the candle in the kitty so. Go, go, go until the vacuum meets the upward vacation. Sell the yellow. Then trim the bus before the ten cheese please Louise. Segregate from the koan and stew the ship vigorously.

And remember, never pass up an opportunity to watch an elephant paint Mozart.

Thumbsup

ROFLMAO

It was too well written gibberish to think you made it all up on the spot. Googleing "Garbage out just like the candle in the kitty so", I found lots of references. What is the origin of this gibberish? It is hilarious.

A friend and I use it on the CNN Belief Blog when things require it. We made it up for something there a long time ago ... I don't even remember the first time we used it. Possibly we cooked it up for a German preacher-dude, who is always posting long insane sermons.
Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2013, 03:12 AM
(08-09-2013 07:25 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 07:08 PM)I and I Wrote:  Using language and forming concepts like "fact" is a human method of understanding the world. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

That statement is tautological and trivially true. Are you going anywhere with it?

(08-09-2013 07:08 PM)I and I Wrote:  And nobody is denying that we humans today can show that evolution is a fact.

Not here, no.

You need to explain to buckyball what he is missing.
09-09-2013, 03:20 AM
(08-09-2013 07:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 07:08 PM)I and I Wrote:  Using language and forming concepts like "fact" is a human method of understanding the world. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

And nobody is denying that we humans today can show that evolution is a fact.

No Idiot Squared. Can't weasel out now.
You are implying above that Evolution was not a "fact" until it was named as one.
You just moved the goal post to NOW. You are saying at was not a "fact" until it was named as one. Memory problems again ? Are you loosing your mind ?

By your definition, it was once a "fact" that the earth was flat.

Weeping

I am asking you how evolution can be a fact with no mind to believe in it. Like say before humans even knew about it.

Oh and do you agree or disagree that using language and putting things into concepts like "facts" is a human method for understanding the real world YES OR NO.
09-09-2013, 06:43 AM
(09-09-2013 03:20 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 07:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No Idiot Squared. Can't weasel out now.
You are implying above that Evolution was not a "fact" until it was named as one.
You just moved the goal post to NOW. You are saying at was not a "fact" until it was named as one. Memory problems again ? Are you loosing your mind ?

Weeping

I am asking you how evolution can be a fact with no mind to believe in it. Like say before humans even knew about it.

Oh and do you agree or disagree that using language and putting things into concepts like "facts" is a human method for understanding the real world YES OR NO.

Shove your "facts" up your ass, until you provide a definition for the word. Troll.

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
09-09-2013, 07:01 AM
(09-09-2013 06:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(09-09-2013 03:20 AM)I and I Wrote:  I am asking you how evolution can be a fact with no mind to believe in it. Like say before humans even knew about it.

Shove your "facts" up your ass, until you provide a definition for the word. Troll.

It seems obvious to me that his definition of 'fact' is that it is a truth about reality contained in a person's mind.

It is not the common definition in use around these parts.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2013, 08:09 AM
(09-09-2013 07:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-09-2013 06:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Shove your "facts" up your ass, until you provide a definition for the word. Troll.

It seems obvious to me that his definition of 'fact' is that it is a truth about reality contained in a person's mind.

It is not the common definition in use around these parts.

And share with the class just where a fact might exist if it's not a process of a human mind(s) method of relating to the real world and putting experiences into concepts?
09-09-2013, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 09:18 AM by Bucky Ball.)
"And nobody is denying that we humans today can show that evolution is a fact."
---- Idiot Squared

The process of Evolution was occurring for billions of years BEFORE it was recognized by humans as an actual process.

He doesn't deny the process existed. So WTF does he call it, BEFORE it was recognized ?
A "fantasy" ?

What is this ? The Mentally Challenged Atheist ?

09-09-2013, 11:41 PM
Re: RE: Do facts require belief for it to be a fact?
(09-09-2013 03:20 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 07:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No Idiot Squared. Can't weasel out now.

Weeping

How can humans and minds have existed without evolution existing as a fact? If it wasn't a fact then, its not one today.

Putting ideas into categories is a human concept to understanding reality, yes... Facts may be one term also used.

You should answer this one: A rock is a rock, even if no human/mind is around to label it a rock: agree or disagree?

I understand the view you mean by this.. But its an unproven method of viewing reality. You can claim its reality all you want, that doesn't make it any more sound of an idea.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
10-09-2013, 02:11 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2013 04:16 AM by I and I.)
(09-09-2013 11:41 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(09-09-2013 03:20 AM)I and I Wrote:  I am asking you how evolution can be a fact with no mind to believe in it. Like say before humans even knew about it.

How can humans and minds have existed without evolution existing as a fact? If it wasn't a fact then, its not one today.

Putting ideas into categories is a human concept to understanding reality, yes... Facts may be one term also used.

You should answer this one: A rock is a rock, even if no human/mind is around to label it a rock: agree or disagree?

I understand the view you mean by this.. But its an unproven method of viewing reality. You can claim its reality all you want, that doesn't make it any more sound of an idea.

A rock is not a rock if nobody believes it is a rock. Is it a rock to a fruit fly or a bird? No, because they don't have a mind like we do.

The movie scene where a coke bottle falls into an isolated tribe? The tribesmens minds did not believe it was a coke bottle and they were using it for other things.

Evolution is true for us today and for us in the past because we have minds that believe in that.

NOTE: This is not saying that what we call a rock or what we call a coke bottle doesn't exist as physical matter.
10-09-2013, 02:29 AM
no rocks stop being rocks when we look at them, that is how we break rocks and make streets and highways

anything u see is its relative existence so not a fact n never related to u

a fact by definition is an absolute thing, so a thing everywhere same, then it is about true existing things, then any conception of is way inferior to their realities that happen freely

u r not but relative too objectively as u r limited in space and subjectively as conscious being u die for sure

i and i, u keep mayb unconsciously turning around one point, the glory of one,,,conscious, will, sights, life...

while one is the wrong and evil opposition to truth

existence is objective fully