Do guilt & shame make theists happy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2015, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2015 07:10 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Do guilt & shame make theists happy?
(14-10-2015 04:26 PM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  .... even if joy is in serotonin primarily, ....

My latest venture is manipulating my oxytocin. I'll report back my joy.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-10-2015, 07:31 PM
(14-10-2015 07:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  When we do something bad and we know it is bad then it is good and healthy to feel guilt.
If we don't feel guilt it is red flag that there is something wrong with us.
When we wronged someone and feel guilty we want to make restitution, we want to do what is right. When we do what is right and we know it is right we have true joy/happiness.

What does your reply have to do with the original post, which talks about guilt itself maybe acting out of a guilty impulse as a pleasurable emotion?

Nothing. (as per usual with you)

Do I feel "guilty" because my husband was not the first person I had sex with? My religion encouraged me to do that, but the answer is still no. I wronged no one; the guilt I was supposed to feel was the result of my religion being devised by aging men who had to enforce their ownership of nubile females by telling the females that having sex with multiple partners devalued women. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with me for refusing to feel that guilt.

(By the way, have you apologized to Girlyman for your being such a douche about pedophilia? I hope you have.)
15-10-2015, 09:29 AM
(14-10-2015 07:31 PM)julep Wrote:  And there is absolutely nothing wrong with me for refusing to feel that guilt.
If you don't believe in what they taught you then there is nothing wrong with you refusing to feel guilt.
This is the point that I was trying to make in my post. I said: IF we KNOW/BELIEVE that we do something wrong than it is good sign to feel guilt.
If you don't believe or don't know that to have sex outside of marriage is wrong than you don't have to feel guilt.
(14-10-2015 07:31 PM)julep Wrote:  (By the way, have you apologized to Girlyman for your being such a douche about pedophilia? I hope you have.)
1) it is none of your business
2)why should I apologize to GirlyMan if I have no idea(I don't understand) why I have to do this?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
03-11-2015, 04:48 PM
(14-10-2015 07:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-10-2015 04:26 PM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  .... even if joy is in serotonin primarily, ....

Ahhh oxytocin is a wonderful thing. How do you plan to manipulate it? What techniques?

Oxytocin brings joy but I don't think it is identical with the feeling of joy. Main thing is oxytocin is awesome.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes EvieTheTurtle's post
03-11-2015, 04:49 PM
(14-10-2015 10:51 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  I came across this article on a business site with rituals to make you happier.

The first point caught my eye. It suggests that shame and guilt trigger the reward center in our brains. It seems to me, as a recovering Roman Catholic, that that's how many churches and religions keep its members.

If it does then I was never meant to be a theist. Guilt and shame always made me completely miserable

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
03-11-2015, 04:50 PM
(14-10-2015 07:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Fuck the report, just share

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
03-11-2015, 05:12 PM
(03-11-2015 04:48 PM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  
(14-10-2015 07:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My latest venture is manipulating my oxytocin. I'll report back my joy.

Ahhh oxytocin is a wonderful thing. How do you plan to manipulate it? What techniques?

Exogenous:
1) Purchase oxytocin nasal spray (pills don't pass the blood-brain barrier). Only available by script in the US but not a controlled substance so Customs don't give a shit.

Endogenous:
2) Beat off more often.
3) Start sucking my man boobs to see if I can get them to lactate.
4) Dilate my cervix.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-11-2015, 05:12 PM

03-11-2015, 05:28 PM
(03-11-2015 05:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-11-2015 04:48 PM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  Ahhh oxytocin is a wonderful thing. How do you plan to manipulate it? What techniques?

Exogenous:
1) Purchase oxytocin nasal spray (pills don't pass the blood-brain barrier). Only available by script in the US but not a controlled substance so Customs don't give a shit.

Endogenous:
2) Beat off more often.
4) Dilate my cervix.

Lmfao

03-11-2015, 05:45 PM
(03-11-2015 05:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-11-2015 04:48 PM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  Ahhh oxytocin is a wonderful thing. How do you plan to manipulate it? What techniques?

Exogenous:

Endogenous:
2) Beat off more often.
4) Dilate my cervix.

You really aren't quite right in the head. Facepalm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post