Poll: Do you think guns cause rape?
Yes
Guns increase violence, so maybe a little. I don't know.
No
[Show Results]

Do guns cause Rape? What do you think is the leading cause of rape?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Do guns cause Rape? What do you think is the leading cause of rape?
http://youtu.be/gQA6UStpOyQ

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
26-05-2014, 11:04 AM
RE: Do guns cause Rape? What do you think is the leading cause of rape?
(26-05-2014 10:39 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 10:14 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Never once did I say I thought rape was funny. I saw a satirical thread making fun of people who don't get the difference between causation and correlation. It was obvious sarcasm.
Well, to be fair, there are many good rape jokes out there (e.g. "Statistics have shown that 9 out of 10 people enjoy gang rape."). Sleepy

[Image: 101.gif]

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 7 users Like Phaedrus's post
26-05-2014, 11:47 AM
(26-05-2014 10:39 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 10:14 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Never once did I say I thought rape was funny. I saw a satirical thread making fun of people who don't get the difference between causation and correlation. It was obvious sarcasm.
Well, to be fair, there are many good rape jokes out there (e.g. "Statistics have shown that 9 out of 10 people enjoy gang rape."). Sleepy

I agree in part with this. My problem comes in when that is the only way it is treated, and that's all I'm going to say before I start ranting.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-05-2014, 11:56 AM
(26-05-2014 11:04 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 10:39 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Well, to be fair, there are many good rape jokes out there (e.g. "Statistics have shown that 9 out of 10 people enjoy gang rape."). Sleepy

[Image: 101.gif]
My reaction:

[Image: WLUBddJ.gif]

Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
26-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Between the atheist forums I frequent, there are six gun threads going on all at the same time. Yes, we have a major gun problem.... we can't seem to quit obsessing over them. Gun lovers and gun haters love talking about guns as much as possible, thus everyone secretly loves guns.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
[+] 1 user Likes Elskidor's post
26-05-2014, 01:30 PM
(26-05-2014 06:41 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  And what animal is more savage than the human?

A T-Rex.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 2 users Like BlackMason's post
26-05-2014, 01:37 PM
(26-05-2014 01:30 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 06:41 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  And what animal is more savage than the human?

A T-Rex.

Yabut, a T-Rex 'was' not 'is' .......hmm, that sounds funny. Consider

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
26-05-2014, 02:41 PM
(26-05-2014 12:50 PM)Elskidor Wrote:  Between the atheist forums I frequent, there are six gun threads going on all at the same time. Yes, we have a major gun problem.... we can't seem to quit obsessing over them. Gun lovers and gun haters love talking about guns as much as possible, thus everyone secretly loves guns.

You left out the group that doesn't have strong feelings either way, or is apathetic.

I've never wanted one or feel the need for one, but I'm not adamantly against them either. Smile
26-05-2014, 02:54 PM
(26-05-2014 12:50 PM)Elskidor Wrote:  Between the atheist forums I frequent, there are six gun threads going on all at the same time. Yes, we have a major gun problem.... we can't seem to quit obsessing over them. Gun lovers and gun haters love talking about guns as much as possible, thus everyone secretly loves guns.

You mean you are cheating on us... Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-05-2014, 04:11 PM
(26-05-2014 01:30 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  

A T-Rex.

Not even. Humans have driven more species to extinction.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube