Poll: Do you think guns cause rape?
Yes
Guns increase violence, so maybe a little. I don't know.
No
[Show Results]

Do guns cause Rape? What do you think is the leading cause of rape?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2014, 04:27 PM
RE: Do guns cause Rape? What do you think is the leading cause of rape?
(26-05-2014 04:11 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 01:30 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  A T-Rex.

Not even. Humans have driven more species to extinction.

That doesn't necessarily mean we are more savage than a T-Rex. It jsut means we are more destructive; strictly speaking there is indeed a disconnect between savageness and destructiveness.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2014, 04:33 PM
I heard that the latest theories about the T-rex was that it was a scavenger because something that size with those short arms wouldn't want to risk running and falling over.

Add to that it was probably covered in feathers.
26-05-2014, 04:42 PM
(26-05-2014 04:33 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I heard that the latest theories about the T-rex was that it was a scavenger because something that size with those short arms wouldn't want to risk running and falling over.

Add to that it was probably covered in feathers.

Like this...

[Image: 412251897_d736d1e62a.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
27-05-2014, 03:25 AM
I really did not get the satire. Good call some of you.

Now to let out some of the gas that has formed on this thread:

My daughter was raped when she was a very little girl.

My sister was gang raped in the military when she was 24.

My aunt was raped on her wedding night.

In my job, I see rape victims every single work day.

The purpose of a rapist is to exert power and control over the victim.

Guns have nothing to do with the purpose of the rapist.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
27-05-2014, 11:26 AM
I do not see where gun are directly connected to rape. In some cases it may be a tool to subdue the victim. I do not see where taking guns out of the equasion would have much if any impact to the rape rate.

As far as gun control, I am in the middle. I favor regulated gun ownership. If we are going to continue allowing gun ownership in the US it should come with manditory training testing, licensing and safe storage requirements. I do not see an all out ban as a realistic possibility.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
27-05-2014, 03:13 PM
(26-05-2014 04:27 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 04:11 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Not even. Humans have driven more species to extinction.

That doesn't necessarily mean we are more savage than a T-Rex. It jsut means we are more destructive; strictly speaking there is indeed a disconnect between savageness and destructiveness.

fierce, ferocious, or cruel; untamed: savage beasts. The definition of savage. Humans are fierce(guns), we are ferocious(all the wars we have) and cruel(go back to the statement I made about humans destroying)

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
27-05-2014, 03:51 PM
(27-05-2014 03:13 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 04:27 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  That doesn't necessarily mean we are more savage than a T-Rex. It jsut means we are more destructive; strictly speaking there is indeed a disconnect between savageness and destructiveness.

fierce, ferocious, or cruel; untamed: savage beasts. The definition of savage. Humans are fierce(guns), we are ferocious(all the wars we have) and cruel(go back to the statement I made about humans destroying)

Humans have driven a handful of species extinct. Natural selection has extinguished millions.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2014, 03:53 PM
(27-05-2014 03:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 03:13 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  fierce, ferocious, or cruel; untamed: savage beasts. The definition of savage. Humans are fierce(guns), we are ferocious(all the wars we have) and cruel(go back to the statement I made about humans destroying)

Humans have driven a handful of species extinct. Natural selection has extinguished millions.

But natural selection is a process, not a living being.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
27-05-2014, 04:01 PM
(27-05-2014 03:53 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 03:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  Humans have driven a handful of species extinct. Natural selection has extinguished millions.

But natural selection is a process, not a living being.

Your point? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2014, 04:08 PM
(27-05-2014 04:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 03:53 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  But natural selection is a process, not a living being.

Your point? Consider

Natural selection does not have a choice to be savage because it is only a process, if that is the case gravity is a savage too. Humans however know what they were doing and continued anyway.